Yotpo: Product & Photo Reviews

Yotpo: Product & Photo Reviews

by Yotpo

Collect product reviews, photo reviews, site reviews & ratings

Puzzletrails

Just left them for Shopify's own Product Review product. Yotpo is fine if everything is working, but their support is shocking with a 7 day gap between each email on a support item. After 3mths of use, not a single review other than the 5 that were manually added on day 1, absolutely nothing from support even though I tried. I have given up. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Filigree Fragrance

Once you install the app, it pulls your orders and emails are sent out. This is a problem as Yotpo does not check for marketing options. This information would have been good to know before I installed the app to see how it would look on my site, and then uninstalled it when I realized its appearance would need to be adjusted to match my website design. In less than fifteen minutes, the damage was done and my entire customer database was sent emails by Yotpo. Customers are *still* receiving emails and I've emailed Yotpo telling them to immediately stop sending. No response. My request to cancel my account was received with a canned 'please let us know your feedback' reply.

I would not recommend using this service until Yotpo:
* check that only customers who are okay with marketing receive the email
* ask the Shopify owner if it is okay to send emails to past customers, or at least revisit its workflow and make improvements

Mintapple

Terrible service! We used the app for our old site but since redesigning we have had issues implementing. After numerous emails asking for assistance we have received nothing back from them. We still receive the promotional emails though...

Stick with Shopify Product Reviews - Effortless!

Jeweled Secrets

So tired of Yotpo. Support is almost non-existent. Wait a week for Yotpo to respond to any support request, then get a reply that is completely irrelevant. Yet if I want to upgrade to one of their ridiculously expensive plans, I'll be contacted within an hour.

Mika Yoga Wear

very $$$$$ (5k year!!!).... no customer service..... other apps are coming up now. they do contracts... crazy world of yotpo! they are there for the money nothing else.

One Fur All

I used the app with Magento and liked it. Trying to use it with Shopify, but can't get any customer support. Submit a ticket, wait up to a week only for them to respond with the same answer (click this article for help) over and over.

I don't think they have anyone doing real tech support, just someone checking e-mail from time to time to copy and past "standard responses."

Support was good when I used with Magento but now seems to not exist...very disappointing.

Buddhapants 2

Way expensive if you want to see real SEO or google results. The "publish to website button" its difficult to use.

The plans beyond basic absolutely ridiculously priced!!!

Soyoung Usa

Free plan is convenient way to gather some reviews but beyond 50 reviews you'll be looking at absurd pricing (min $5K annually) with no way to trial the premium features. They may be great but I'll never find out since there is no trial.

Primary beefs

- Annoying that prices aren;t stated on an available page, you are forced to take a sales call
- Prices are presented as monthly, but since they only bill annually, I perceive it as a smokescreen to real pricing.
- No trial - If the product is so great, why do I have to spend nearly $5,000 ($399 monthly X 12) to “test” ROI?
- the free version does not do anything I can't do with competeing low cost software, so I would suggest you start with something else rather than switching when you hit 50 reviews

Textualtees

Yotpo is one greedy company. They suck you in with the "Free" card and then if you want any of the extra features it turns into big bucks and a year contract. On top of the big bucks, they limit how many reviews you can request and then you have to pay an overage fee per review. Save yourself some time and money and go with the Shopify review app.

Tiedeals

Yotpo sales had enough time to call me multiple times, but I hate it when installed there is no email/ chat or phone support available. I am waiting for 3 days for a response from the contact form, and the app is not doing well.
Have an app, have support, period.