Yotpo: Photo & Product Reviews

Yotpo: Photo & Product Reviews

by Yotpo

Collect product reviews, photo reviews, site reviews & ratings

Sand by Saya Japan

The app does the work of collecting reviews. However, note the app stops collecting reviews when your shop sells over 50 products a month. I had installed this app in the middle of the month with over 10 orders processed in my store to start with, so it quickly reached the limit and now the app has stopped unless I upgrade my plan.
Our site sells over 50 products a month regardless of the help of this app, so it is difficult to understand why the plans are charged based on products sold. Only a third of our customers return with reviews so the plans should be charged based on the number of reviews collected.

PÉPÉ BEAR

This is a great proposition and exactly what you need to increase your conversions and jet fuel your ads. Like with a lot of Shopify apps you have to upgrade to their more premium plans so I did that as it had the features I wanted. I've been having a terribly difficult time trying to extract the value that Yotpo are selling though. The onboarding is awful. It's very clunky and takes too long to setup. The automatic email review feature isn't working for me and there's no workaround to manually whatsapp the customer and get picture reviews so I'm unable to get any value from Yotpo, just wasted time. I was better of with the free Shopify reviews app. I'm on the growth plan which is the tier above the 1st one but it's still missing video reviews unfortunately. Customer service is very attentive and quick to respond. But have been unable to get me to a position where emails are going out and collecting picture reviews. This is all I want.

eSport Labs

The product is fine, but the business model is really annoying.

They will nickel and dime you everywhere. Pretty much anything you want to do is going to cost you a lot more than it should.

Standard implementation is fine but expect to offer up your first born child if you want to do anything more, like connect other apps.

MINE Jewelry

This app is very buggy. It does the job, but not without a good deal of pain. Recently published reviews don't appear readily on the carousel. There's very little customization for what you pay for.

Salt Flats Clothing

As a stand alone tool, unintegrated, it works fine, does what it says on the tin. But in a modern ecommerce environment who wants tools that are unintegrated and in the review context, not communicating with Google to present your reviews in search and ads, as per this stated feature:

"Drive high-intent traffic by displaying ratings in organic search results and Google Ads."?

Well disappointingly, it cost $8500 per year to get access to this feature, it comes with other features, but when you are trying to grow your store this feature is very useful without the rest, but totally and completely unaffordable for smaller stores. Great if you are already the size of John Lewis or Amazon, but you probably need it less if you are already that size.. Thanks for your help Yotpo in enabling the growth of our store... NOT!!!

Beautylet Store

It seems Yotpo teams do not care about Support ... I have some tickets and did not get an effective response .. .and I am still waiting .

June 4, 2019

Hey Beautylet Store,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

This is Melanie here from Yotpo's Client Care Team. I looked into your case and saw that one of our Support agents has gotten in touch with you to assist with the issue you were experiencing, and was able to help resolve it.
Please let us know if there is anything else you would like assistance with, and we would be glad to help!

TrueToSource

Exceed 10 orders a month and you'll learn that it's ludicrously overpriced! 50 cents to send a form email? Really? I'll send them myself at that rate.

May 7, 2019

Hey TrueToSource!

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding orders, our pricing model is available on our website. For our Growth plans (up to 500 orders per month) you can choose from packages ranging from $29 up to $199 a month.

We would be really happy to assist you in understanding which plan is the best fit for your business, and to ensure you will be happy using Yotpo's product!

Thanks again!

Melanie - Customer Care Team

Grip Clean

Good basic app for collecting basic reviews. But if you want ANY additional features you are going to pay more money and big bucks for it. Their literature is very unclear as to what features are included in your plan. I spent countless hours trying to install features they advertised on their site, only to hear back that I need to pay more $ for these. Not cool guys.

April 10, 2019

Hey Grip Clean,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I have also reached out by mail to see if I can help at all with the features you would like to use.

Our pricing model is available on our website and in your Yotpo admin. For our Growth plans (up to 500 orders per month) you can choose from packages ranging from $29 up to $129 a month.

Would be really happy to assist you in understanding which features are available on which plan, and to ensure you get set up well!

Thanks again for your feedback!

Melanie - Customer Care

DECOBOOM

This app is horribly overpriced in today's marketplace. After being with Yotpo for more than a year, and consulting with their marketing team to get me to upgrade to their higher tiers for other add-on services, I have since found that there are other companies offering similar services for far less coin.

Worst of all about Yotpo is the customer service. I am trying to export my reviews via csv file, and the app will not export the reviews. This could be just a technological glitch, and no one should expect a company to be perfect in this regard. However, I have contacted Yotpo three times now in the last week to get tech support help with this bug in their app, and I have received NO responses. Not even one acknowledgement that they are going to help out.

Buyer beware. If I were you I would look elsewhere. As for me, I'm not looking back....but I do hope I can get my hundreds of reviews exported, and yotpo does not seem to be willing to help.

April 8, 2019

Hey Decoboom,

This is Melanie here from Yotpo's Client Care Team. I looked into your case and saw that one of our Support agents replied accordingly with the import list that you requested. We are sorry to read that you haven't received this. If you could please reach out to me directly at support@yotpo.com with the correct email address and I will happily resend you the list.

Looking forward to your response so I can help you resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks again for taking the time to give your feedback.

Kuckian

Dreadful value and disappointing integration with little customisation. Charging so much PER order (not per review) is also a massive turn off.

Previous 1 3 4 5