Dripshipper: Coffee & Tea , 285 recensies
The coffee through Dripshipper is a good quality from their roasting vendors. The quality of customer service from the Dripshipper support team is extremely disappointing. The Dripshipper app for Shopify has several issues and their support team seem to be oblivious to addressing the issues and remedying the concerns provided by their customers (the Shopify store owner).
Everything was intuitive and easy to learn, and being able to really brand yourself and market yourself, you have all the tools available to you and the resources that you need.
1.19.24 - Update: Monthly fees are too expensive, and the increase in prices of the coffee itself are eating up profit margins, if you raise prices yourself, customers won't return. Not sustainable.
So far so good but having issues uploading a logo . Coffee is great and very fresh I’m told however my shipment of samples was lost by the post So I still don’t know lol
I have to say that im satisfy with the app. The product is good and customer service was good. I believe they grew too much and now they dont even have time to meet and talk expansion of my company. I have been asking to meet for a week and they dont want to. This is disappointed. they are big now and dont pay attention to the ones that supported them at the beginning.
I've been using this company for a year now. They started out great with wonderful shipping turn around times and amazing products, then the new year hit and danny has lost control of his company. K-cups always come busted open, shipping times are not 2-3 days your customer is going to wait over a week to get their product. the coffee beans are great they really are but the premium stand your company use to be is gone.
Okay, so I've had them for some time now. I need to drop some honesty. They have good coffee product. However, it takes much longer than 3 days to ship. I have orders going past a week regularly. Irritated customers who are eagerly waiting for their coffee have to wait this long and it hurts your brand reputation. I may have to look elsewhere for services. That said, they have good customer service, but when it boils down to the details. They're slow and it hurts your company.
11/11/2019 - UPDATE: Looks like Dripshipper made even more changes that have negatively affected my shop and brand. They have added a new roasting partner with new coffee options and flavors which was initially a good thing but now the coffee is not roast to order. That "roast to order" niche was a selling point and often a way to get past slow delivery. It also allowed customers to customize their coffee. Now everything is a medium roast. I've now lost customers that prefer a darker roast coffee. They just can't seem to get this thing right.
10/8/2019 - UPDATE: I looks like Dripshipper made some improvements. The last several orders placed have gone out in a matter of a couple of days. In one case it went out the same day. I have to say I was impressed with that. I've updated my review to four stars. The only thing missing now is a logo'd packing slip with the shipment.
August 2019 ;
I have been using Dripshipper for several months now. There are definitely pros and cons and it is becoming harder & harder to overcome the cons with customers each day. Depending on the type of brand you want to build Dripshipper may not be your best choice. Definitely not a choice for a "Premium" or "Luxury" brand.
- The coffee is excellent! They really know what they are doing in the selection and roasting process.
- It is definitely fresh and roast to order. No complaints there.
- Free shipping.
- Customer service responds quickly.
- Although customer service responds quickly, you may not like the take it or leave it attitude they sometimes come across with. "Sorry our shipping is backed up do to high volume". That's it, nothing else, no "we are expanding production or hiring more people to meet the demand, please be patient". Just "your order isn't very important to us so we are going to take our sweet time fulfilling it."
- Order fulfillment is SLOOOOOOW! When I first signed up they met three business days like clockwork and it was manageable with customers. Recent orders have taken as much as a week and now DS has set their policy to 3-5 business days. Rather than ratchet up production to meet the demand they simply extended their lead times. Not cool!
- You don't get much in return for the $25 per month subscription fee. No colored labels or bag options (those are extra for "custom" products even though the labels are print on demand and could be color). No nice boxes to be shipped in. No real perks that normally come with shopify app subscriptions.
- No logo'd packing slip with orders. They just stuff the coffee in a USPS box or cardboard envelope, tape the hell out of it, and ship it. Not very attractive when it arrives at your customer.
- The K-cups do not have your logo on the seals. Just a generic "coffee" seal.
I would gladly pay more for a premium subscription that met some of these glaring needs. Unfortunately Dripshipper is really just a side business for Old Chicago Coffee Company and seemingly not a focus of development for them. I will continue to use them until I can find something better. If nothing else, the quality of the coffee is good and the free shipping makes the pricing tolerable.
Cant install the app..... why ?
The page you were looking for doesn't exist.
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.
Hi there! If you contact our customer support, I’d be more than happy to help you :)
So far I like the App and the orders have shipped out quick. Coffee is great quality. But, I haven't gotten tracking info for/to my customers. I can't find in the app where to verify the settings , and their customer service closes at 4pm. I don't see an email help or contact info. Why can't I send an email for help? If I can, put it in the app where I can see it. Only a chat box that closes at 4pm. Or for an extra fee, I can have extra support. Wow :(
Great! :) Thanks for your review!
The system is perfect. It would be helpful if you could further strengthen sales to overseas. I sincerely hope that you can make bulk orders overseas.
Thanks! That is something we want to do, just finding the right roasting partners overseas is the big challenge.