Gelato: Print on Demand , 426 recensioni

Valutazione complessiva
4,7
Numero di recensioni per livello
  • Il 84% delle recensioni ha 5 stelle
  • Il 7% delle recensioni ha 4 stelle
  • Il 2% delle recensioni ha 3 stelle
  • Il 2% delle recensioni ha 2 stelle
  • Il 5% delle recensioni ha 1 stelle
23 gennaio 2024

Recently, I had the opportunity to use Gelato for printing services, specifically for t-shirts and books. Unfortunately, my experience was far from satisfactory, and it's important to share this with others considering their services.

Product Quality: The quality of the t-shirts provided was a major concern. I received several complaints from my customers about the products, indicating a consistent issue with their quality.

Printing Issues: The book printing service could have been more problematic. Significant delays and quality issues negatively impacted my business operations and my customers' satisfaction.

Customer Service Response: Gelato's response could have been better despite providing photographic evidence of these issues. The lack of a refund or an adequate resolution to these problems was particularly frustrating.

In conclusion, while the idea of a one-stop printing solution like Gelato is appealing, my experience with their product quality, printing services, and customer support could have been better. I urge fellow small business owners to consider these factors carefully before opting for Gelato's services.

SOMM DIGI SHOP
Gelato ha risposto 25 gennaio 2024

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing your concerns to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with our printing services. We take customer feedback seriously, and we've identified your account based on the provided details.

We understand the importance of product quality and printing issues, and we sincerely apologize for any dissatisfaction. To better assist you, I've sent an email directly to address your concerns. In order to expedite the resolution process, we advise providing clear and focused photo proof of the reported print quality issues.

It's essential for us to have detailed and accurate images to assess and address the problems effectively. Unfortunately, the images you initially provided were blurry and out of focus, making it challenging for us to determine the actual quality issue. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and look forward to resolving it promptly.

We value your business and aim to provide a positive experience. Our support team is committed to addressing your concerns and finding a satisfactory resolution. Thank you for your understanding.

Michal
Gelato Support Team

20 dicembre 2023

Everything worked well for a while, but once we hit December, Gelato started missing ship/delivery dates. We have orders placed a month ago that still haven't shipped.

Their customer support apologized and told us to check each order's updated estimated delivery date. Of course, that's meaningless because Gelato simply kept updating the delivery date later and later.

Use this app if you'd like hundreds of angry customers wondering where their orders are weeks later.

Pediment Publishing
5 mesi di utilizzo dell’app
Gelato ha risposto 22 dicembre 2023

Hi,

We are truly sorry to hear about the experience you've had with us - we aim for complete transparency, and are always striving to provide a reliable service. Thank you for providing us with this feedback and allowing us to investigate, learn and improve.

We've reached out directly via email with the actions we've already taken, as well as our next steps. I would like to clarify that these production times are not up to our usual standards, as even though we took action to resolve this, there were some isolated delays during this holiday season. This is now cleared, so we hope we can return to providing you with our usual lightning-fast turnaround and delivery.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us 24/7, for anything you may need. We look forward to supporting you in the future.

Head of Customer Service

Data modifica: 27 novembre 2023

I don't normally write reviews, but in this case I think it is very important that I share my experience. People say you get what you pay for and that is true with Gelato. I placed an order of fifteen 11oz mugs for a boutique according to Gelato's schedule to arrive before Black Friday. No biggie for a company of this size. Their printing partner split the order of 15 mugs into 3 packages. AND DID NOT SHIP THEM ALL TOGETHER. They waited 6 & 7 days between shipments. I received 2 boxes of 3 mugs today, (6 total), on Black Friday. I have no idea when I am getting the other 9. When I opened the boxes, Wow! The print quality is terrible. The colors are off and way to light. I did double-check the print quality using Gelato's 3D and regular mockups with customer service before I placed my order to make sure there was enough saturation to get a good print. The customer service assured me there was, and my mugs would print with the regular mockup quality, not the 3D which was terrible.. They did not. Not only that, but this partial order of 6 mugs contains SOME that are 11oz and SOME that are 15oz. THEY SENT TWO DIFFERENT SIZES!!! This order of 15, 11oz mugs are not uniform in size or quality of color print. Also, the packaging is terrible and not uniform. Some of the mugs are in brown boxes with bubble wrapped. Two of the mugs came squeezed into boxes that are too small and held together with packing tape. I gave them 1 star because their customer service responds quickly. However, Gelato seems to have no communication, control or oversight of their printing partner.
I installed this app and was also going to use this company for cell phone cases, but as an independent artist who works with bold colors, I cannot put my name onto anything from this company. They have no concern for the quality of the items they sell only the quantity.
This company has embarrassed me with a client and put me into a bind, because I cannot possibly display/sell mismatched colors/sizes of mugs, and I have missed my deadline. They have cost me countless hours of aggravation, phone calls, follow-ups, sales and now time as I have to redo all of my cell phone templates.
If you are a small business owner, independent artist like myself or startup, I would really think twice before relying on this company. We really get one chance to make a first impression and they have cost me dearly. I cannot recommend this app or this company.
UPDATE 11/27/2023
I finally received the rest of my order from Gelato. Not only was it a mismatch of mug sizes, the order was missing three items. RECAP: I ordered fifteen (15) 11oz mugs. From that order I was actually sent eight (8) 15oz mugs & three (3) 11oz mugs. Total of 12 mugs . MISSING 3 ITEMS. I don't carry 15oz mugs so this is an issue as is the poor print quality on all of the items I have received. It is quite apparent that Gelato takes your money and washes its hands of the final outcome. It would appear as if their printing partner never read or checked my order before shipment and just threw whatever they had available in these shipment boxes. Gelato did refund my money with very little fuss, which leads me to believe this kind of disfunction is normal for them. On a final note, while customer service is available, on three different occasions they did say they would "investigate" and get back to me. They never did.
I now need to reorder everything with less than 4 weeks before the holiday season. If you are an artisan, artist or small business owner who depends on your production partners to be reliable with quality merchandise, I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH to go elsewhere. There are better companies out there. I usually use a different POD company and will be running back to them. Do your homework. Less expensive isn't always better. Sometimes it is just cheaper, but will cost you a bunch.

Deborah E Mixed Media
10 giorni di utilizzo dell’app
Gelato ha risposto 25 novembre 2023

Hi Deborah,

We are truly sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your first order. This is definitely not the service we want to provide, and very far from the consistent performance we usually provide. Thank you for providing us with this feedback, and allowing us the chance to investigate, learn and improve.

We've reached out directly via email to gather further information and provide details on our next steps, and will ensure we follow up on these points until we reach a level you are delighted by.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything further we can do, and we look forward to discussing further.

22 novembre 2023

The worst application, I do not recommend it to anyone. After one wash, the products are suitable for wiping the floor, not for wearing. 20 of my 100 packages were lost. Some of the parcels that arrived had wrong prints. these are scammers!!

Sekta
Polonia
Gelato ha risposto 24 novembre 2023

Hi there,

We are sorry for the experience you've had with us - this is very painful to see and not up to the standards that we set. At the same time, we'd like to sincerely thank you for providing us with this feedback, and providing us the chance to learn and improve.

We've reached out via email with the actions we've already taken, including the details of the updated tracking links, and would love to continue the conversation to ensure we follow this to a satisfactory conclusion you are delighted by.

23 ottobre 2023

CAUTION - Gelato automatically imports all current products from your store and syncs also all orders from different suppliers "as a feature". You have to deselect the option manually to import orders and you currently cannot deselect the import of all products. I cirrently have 2 gelato products and 80+ products from other suppliers, which are not the business of gelato. In times of data protection, this must be an opt-in feature to be selected with full awareness - at least an option which can be deselected...
btw, the onboarding is also quite complicated and orders will NOT be fulfilled automatically from the scratch. So, I lost a big opportunity :-(

STEINS|ART
Germania
9 mesi di utilizzo dell’app
Gelato ha risposto 24 ottobre 2023

Hi Siegfried,

Thanks for the great call earlier. Once again, we're truly sorry about your onboarding experience, and really appreciate the feedback points which we'll use to improve.

We'll be emailing you shortly with the actions we've already taken, as well as our next steps, as we want to ensure you are delighted with our system and have the necessary tools to easily manage products and orders to your preferences.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team, who are available 24/7, for anything you may need.

We look forward to supporting you.

24 agosto 2023

I've been using (or trying to use) Gelato with a few different stores now. And a few things leave a sour taste in my mouth.
They don't actually blind ship. There appears to be no way to actually have my company address as the sender for manual orders. This has left to angry customers accusing me of ripping them off. The help service wanted proof of this and refused to help me. So for me to NOT have their printing partners address slapped over everything, I have to ship the order to me, then repackage, then ship out to my customer which is a total freaking joke. So by the time I've paid, $15 for a mug plus incredibly high shipping rates from the mug place within my own city to me, repackaging and reposting I'm losing money.

It takes multiple attempts to get the colors right. This might just be an issue with the NZ print partner they use, but I often have to refund and reorder 5 or 6 times before it is right.

Customer service is hit and miss. Unless you are dealing with the higher ups, it really feels like their help team doesn't care about your issues and just wants to pass the buck.

Once you get the products the way you want, they are good quality but again - this is very hit and miss with individual print partners. All in all this company is a headache to to deal with and I don't recommend them if you need to blind ship because they will cost you time and money.

By Stacey Rose
Nuova Zelanda
Gelato ha risposto 28 agosto 2023

Hello Stacey,

We're really sorry to hear about your experience, and we'd love to make it up for you.

Having closer look at this case, we've noticed chat conversations in regards to that matter. Due to our internal procedures around storing customer's data and retention, we currently do not have access to the shipping label generated for order placed in March. Our Agents tried to ask for the picture of shipping label, so we can further investigate the mentioned issue. Without it, it is harder for us to troubleshoot and find the root cause.

We're also very sorry that you've faced issues with your initial order last September. Since then, we have improved a lot of things, to ensure produced items will meet expectations. We can see the march order was placed for the very similar design (different color), and I hope that even though you've faced a return address issue - the quality of the received mug met your expectations. It was produced at the same facility, as the first order.

I will reach out to you personally, so we can get to the root cause of the shipping label issue. We offer 100% white-label service, so it something went wrong - we will fix it.

Bartosz
Escalations Manager

16 gennaio 2024

all your efforts will be ignored here... DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME USING THIS APP.

locale
Gelato ha risposto 17 gennaio 2024

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you've had an unpleasant experience.

We've searched our system but couldn't find any previous correspondence. If you could kindly reach out to us via apifeedback@gelato.com we will be happy to assist. Our support team is also available via live chat 24/7 through our website.

Head of Customer Service

7 giugno 2023

I ordered a metal print of one of my paintings as a test.
I was shocked at the incredibly low quality.
Colors were very dull.
My greatest fear is that someone would order this product. Fortunately I’m just getting started and no one has placed an order.
I have to assume all the other product of similar quality.
Unfortunately I had to removed the app.

FelixBurgosArt
Gelato ha risposto 8 giugno 2023

Hi Felix,

We're truly sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the outcome of the metal print. We'd love to investigate and provide you with a detailed explanation of what occurred, so have reached out directly to gather photos and see where we can further support you.

We really appreciate you providing us this feedback, so we can improve our services moving forward, and deliver the world-class experience for which we strive.

Our support team is available via live chat 24/7 through our website should you need. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can do and we look forward to discussing further.

24 aprile 2023

Hello, I accidently transfered one of my product on your app and I can't find it anymore on my shopify store.
What is going on? Could you be nice enough to contact me and tell me why I can't get it back in my stock?

We the future
Francia
Circa 7 ore di utilizzo dell’app
Gelato ha risposto 24 aprile 2023

Hello,

My name is Bartosz, and I'm the Escalations Manager at Gelato.
We're sorry to hear you've faced an inconvenience while using the app.

I was able to identify your account, and reached out personally via email 3 times - however, I'm afraid I didn't receive reply.

Our system may sometimes work in unexpected way, especially in the beginning, when the platform is unknown and users need to spend time learning how to use and navigate within the platform. We strive to constantly improve ease of use, but in cases something is causing confusion - our Support Team is happy to assist you 24/7.

We hope that you will consider giving Gelato one more try, and we would be honoured to have a chance to make the bad experience up for you.

Bartosz
Gelato Support Team

15 febbraio 2024

Excelente calidad de impresión, muy buen papel. Pésimo servicio de encomienda. El sobre fue metido a la fuerza en el buzón, lo que terminó por arruinar todas las impresiones.

Obrigados Nos
Portogallo
Gelato ha risposto 17 febbraio 2024

Hola,

Gracias por la encantadora llamada anterior y por compartir todos los comentarios sobre su experiencia; realmente lo apreciamos ya que nos brinda la oportunidad de aprender y mejorar.

Una vez más, me gustaría disculparme por la entrega original y esperamos brindarles una experiencia que cumpla con nuestras expectativas habituales y avancemos. Si necesita algo mientras tanto, no dude en hacérnoslo saber.

Atentamente,
Kyle
Jefe de servicio al cliente