Dotdigital Email Marketing , 27 avaliações
Dotdigital is an absolutely appalling app in a myriad of ways
- it was extremely complicated to set up (it took weeks) and ultimately you will end up sending emails from a noreply email address which sends a bad message to your customers about how much you want to hear from them! This alone should make you run a million miles the other way... you don't appreciate noreply email addresses as a consumer, so don't do it to your customers!
- expensive (it costs many times competitor products that perform better, have better reviews and are much simpler to implement)
- extremely difficult to implement and they don't like to assist... you'll have an 'account manager' who will quickly go through their extremely complicated app but they basically want you to pay them to set up emails for them. When I looked to find a dotdigital expert on Airtasker there were none because it is not a popular app.
- to top it all off the app then sent an email to our entire Shopify customer database - past and present - subscribed and unsubscribed - with no permission or warning which meant we were inundated with calls and emails from concerned customers thinking they were being phished or our website had been hacked. They also told me that this had happened before causing huge angst for customers prior to me. It is only a fundamentally flawed email software program that would sent out an email to an entire customer base with no warning. I wish someone had warned me before I spent thousands more than i needed to on an app that is overly complicated and ultimately doesn't deliver as well as far cheaper competitors. Having struggled to set up any email flows with dotdigital because it was so complicated, I have had no issues in setting up 4 email flows with Klaviyo (ie the problem is with dotdigital not with my skills after 22 years in business)! Take this as a heads up and research thoroughly before you go down this path. I regret it enormously.
I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been satisfied with our product and services. I know you’ve been speaking with my colleagues about these issues already. I thought it was important to come back on a few of the points you’ve made:
- Shopify installation process: This is quick and easy for the majority of our customers. We’ve made it even easier recently by introducing a new wizard in our 22two release in May (outlined in this article: https://support.dotdigital.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115000061490-Set-up-Shopify-with-Dotdigital). I’m sorry if you ran into issues that delayed things getting set up. It’s rare we run into issues, but, occasionally it can happen as each customer’s situation/environment is unique
- No-reply from addresses: Customers have many options and flexibility in using custom from addresses and branded domains: https://support.dotdigital.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115000247204-All-about-branded-domains-or-sending-with-a-custom-from-address-CFA-
- Training/guidance: Our Customer Success Managers are happy to guide customers on using our product(s) - it’s something they do all the time. If you’re looking for a deep-dive session into a specific feature/function, that’ll sometimes need a dedicated training session delivered by our Training Team
- Unexpected email send: It’s not appropriate for us to respond specifically or directly on the circumstances leading to this incident. We don’t believe this was directly initiated by an action in our Technology or by our Team. Having said that, we’re going to assess whether we could introduce more in-app notifications/alerts to give our customers additional opportunities to avoid this outcome in the future. Overall, we’re really sorry and disappointed this happened, we know it wasn’t what you expected or intended.
Been using the platform for around 2 months. Giving a 5 star review for Eunice as our customer success manager. Though we might have experienced a glitch and the platform can be quite complex to understand, our customer success manager and support team managed to come up with a solution to assist. Keep up the good work.
Hey Bion SG 👋
Thanks for leaving such a positive review. 🏆
I'm a retailer with an aggressive email marketing program. We switched to dotdigital five years ago and although I found it spendy and it took us a bit to figure it out, performance has been consistently excellent. Also, and most important to me, the customer service support has been top drawer.
Hey Churchmouse Yarns & Teas 👋
Thanks for writing such an awesome review, we really appreciate it.
the app handles my business is great and excellent. the app handles my business is great and excellent.
Hey Insights Homer,
Thanks for the 5⭐ review.
I tried for a few days and I can say it's very easy to work with. I tried for a few days and I can say it's very easy to work with.
Hey Boutique Come,
Thanks for writing a 5⭐ review.
Everything works as promised. Used it for 2 weeks and everything is great.Everything works as promised.
Hey Fabulous lar Shop 👋
Great to hear! Thanks for the feedback/review.
Couldn't be more impressed - have gone through countless other ESPs but none is as amazing, smooth, and easy to use as dotdigital. Every feature an email marketer can dream of is here - and more. Love this and can't recommend dotdigital enough!
Hey Sonos Singapore,
YAY! Thanks for writing an awesome review and for recommending us.
Dot Digital is very easy to use across both email and SMS. The customer support is also excellent and has been a great help guiding us through the platform and set-up of automated campaigns.
Hey Calibre Menswear 👋
Thanks for writing a review about us, much appreciated.
Dot Digital integrates well with shopify stores and provides a great level of marketing automation and detail. The customer support from dot digital is even better.
Hey Stone & Wood Brewing Co,
Thanks for posting a review and for the shout-out to our Support Team 🙌
We have been using DotDigital for over a year now and couldn't be happier with the program and service. The user experience is amazing and the features are well advanced. We send out weekly emails to our database and also have numerous automations running throughout the year.
I would highly recommend DD to anyone looking for an email marketing platform.
Hey Charles + Lee, 👋
We appreciate you writing the review, thanks for posting it!