Recenze (274)

• 3 % hodnocení s 3 hvězdami
  • 6 % hodnocení s 2 hvězdami
  • 34 % hodnocení s 1 hvězdami
2. květen 2024

My mala mi experiencia, esta aplicación no hace un upload del tema nuevo sino que solamente hace una simple copia sin ningún de los cambios previos echos por nosotros, a parte no hay opcion de cancelar el upgrade y se tiene que eliminar si no quieres que te cobren! un timo en todo regla!

Handmade Bronkey Premium Goods ®
Itálie
Doba používání aplikace: Více než 4 roky
Vývojář Out of the Sandbox odpověděl 9. květen 2024

Hi Handmade Bronkey Premium Goods ® team!

Shopify's move to Online Store 2.0 does add a few additional steps to the process in the initial update to 2.0, but the good news is that this is a 1-time update, and allows you to start fresh. This means you can do away with all the old code in your theme from old apps and customizations that can be slowing down your theme, and gives you the chance to move to Online Store 2.0 and take advantage of all the great features that have been introduced to your theme!

Third party customizations that are added to the theme's code are always tricky to navigate, and I am glad that we were able to provide with you the correct information to help you update to the new theme version!

25. duben 2024

Okay before I dive into my negative review, I know the developer will respond by giving me a generic reply however there is clear proof with over 90 1-star reviews how trash the support is for Out Of The Sandbox.

For starters, I am all for supporting people's business and I understand things cost money, keeping your website up to date costs money too however what doesn't sit right with me is how there is no support for anyone who has a custom code.

I decided to purchase the higher member tier for this app, thinking it was going to be a 1 click solution to update my out-of-date theme however, I ran into an issue where my theme couldn't be updated and I needed to contact customer support.

Basically, they looked into my theme and updated it however they had to copy my live theme and said that some code elements couldn't be transferred. Basically, my whole website was scrapped to nothing..

This was the email response I received:

"The error message here is expected and is related to Shopifys recent 'Section Group' changes which have affected the header and footer sections.

As a result, the mega menu would need to be rebuilt, but this will be a one-time inconvenience."

Pretty much Out Of The Sandbox doesn't give you any true help and tells you to outsource a freelancer to Storetasker which is the biggest money grab I have ever seen.

Look I am no expert but I am not a complete noob when it comes to technology and I know transferring a code isn't complicated.
I was charged $500 USD to transfer a few codes which is only less then an hour's work...That is the biggest scam I have ever heard. It costs more to transfer the code than the actual cost of the theme, and I know 100% that Out Of The Sandbox and Storetasker have some kind of agreement.

For anyone reading this, do yourself a favour and hire someone from Freelancer, it only cost me about $20 and the code was completed within an hour..

Mr Collectable
Austrálie
Doba používání aplikace: Více než rokem
Vývojář Out of the Sandbox odpověděl 29. duben 2024

Hi Mr Collectable team!

We appreciate that this can be a complicated process, and that is why our support team is here to help. Unfortunately, it looks like you uninstalled the app before we had a chance to reach out to you and assist, but we are here to help out should you need us.

We have reached out to you to see how we can help you update your vintage theme, and are looking forward to hearing back from you.

4. květen 2024

I installed this app and got an error message "Could not complete theme update due to error". I contacted support, who said "our apps team is looking into this." It's been 13 days now, still no update, and they stopped replying to my emails.

Labo Mono
Doba používání aplikace: Asi rokem
Vývojář Out of the Sandbox odpověděl 9. květen 2024

Hi Labo Mono team!

Good news! We have been able to resolve the issue that you reported, and reached out to you in our open support ticket to let you know that you can move forward with updating your Motion theme as expected!

Thanks for reaching out to our team and letting us know.

27. duben 2024

Broke my theme when updating. Kept nothing of the previous design.

"Some code changes could not be transferred over"
but it cant even show WHAT wasn't transferred.

Rebuild IT
Norsko
Doba používání aplikace: 20 minutami
Vývojář Out of the Sandbox odpověděl 29. duben 2024

Hi Rebuild IT team!

Sorry to hear that you ran into an issue when updating your theme - we always recommend reaching out to our support team if you need assistance so we can work together to get your theme updated successfully!

We have reached out to you now and are looking forward to getting your theme updated.

3. únor 2023

Superstore theme - awful - full of bugs! The filters and the menu stop working when I select the infinite scroll pagination. Support has been unresponsive and does not seem to care. Avoid out of the sandbox. Worst company I have ever come across

BOUTIQUETOYOU
Doba používání aplikace: Více než 6 roky
Vývojář Out of the Sandbox odpověděl 6. únor 2023

Hi BOUTIQUETOYOU team!

Looks like this might be a review of the Superstore theme - not of Theme Updater Plus.

It also looks like you might have reviewed the Superstore theme twice, with the same review, accidentally!

We appreciate your feedback, but would recommend reaching out to our support team so we can help you with setting up your Superstore theme.

You can send us any questions you may have, here:

Datum úprav: 15. květen 2018

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE service. This company updates their theme every two weeks but every time you update your theme, it messes up all your custom coding. They don't have a phone number to contact, only by email, which is fine - if they actually respond and help with your concerns.

Birminghamjewelry
Doba používání aplikace: Asi 6 roky
Datum úprav: 3. červen 2022

Update: The issue is still not resolved. We've paid every month this year (and years past) but the app still says we are "unsubscribed" as of February. We've sent proof of payment to Out of the Sandbox multiple times. As per Shopify, our "unsubscribed" subscription is set to renew/charge us again on June 5th. We just want access to the app we've been using and paying for for years! ///
Original: We've been using this app for years without issue. About four months ago the app said we were "unsubscribed" despite still being charged the monthly fee. We've been unable to update our themes since and are still being charged the monthly fee. Customer Support is non-responsive despite being provided proof of payment(s).

stubble + 'stache
Vývojář Out of the Sandbox odpověděl 1. červen 2022

Hi stubble + 'stache team!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It looks like we were waiting for a response to our last correspondance we had sent to you and this is why you had not heard back from our team!

Not to worry, we have reached out to you again via email, and look forward to resolving this with you!

9. listopad 2022

We paid $89 to use this app to update a theme that was registered and compatible. It did not carry over any of the work we had put into customizing the theme through the Shopify sections and theme editor. We're not even speaking about development work - just settings through the theme. The quotes we have gotten from developers to carry over the settings have been extremely expensive and all over the place. It's as if developers know you're in a tough spot s they see how much they can charge you. Do not make the same mistake we did - they do not issue refunds and there are tons of bad reviews here for a reason.

MANIMAL
Vývojář Out of the Sandbox odpověděl 10. listopad 2022

Hi MANIMAL team!

When updating your vintage Streamline v3.4.1 theme to OS 2.0, all content, such as home page content, will need to be rebuilt. This is a one-time process required by Shopify to align with new templating standards. You will still be able to use the Theme Updater to help with future release updates.

Although the Theme Updater does have the ability to transfer over customized code, customizing code can still result in some issues, and more complex customizations will need to be manually transferred over to the updated theme file.

Thank you very much for your feedback - we are always looking for ways to make our app better!

A member of our support team has reached out to you via email as well!

Datum úprav: 3. únor 2023

Awful experience. I bought their superstore theme and it is full of bugs. When I updated the pagination to infinite scroll, the filters, menu and other buttons stopped working. Awful theme which has clearly not been tested. Support is extremely slow and unhelpful - I am being ping ponged back and forth without a solution. All in all, awful experience with the fundamental elements of the store not working and being full of bugs.

Peaches and Screams
Vývojář Out of the Sandbox odpověděl 8. leden 2020

Hello Peaches and Screams,
We appreciate the input on your experience with Out of the Sandbox, the Flex theme and the Theme Updater App - we're sorry limiting of free access to the Theme Updater App to the first year of use has created this experience!

To keep the details of the various products separate, the Flex theme ($450USD) while rich in settings and features, can be updated through the normal updating method, which is the same process as initially installing and configuring the theme - we stand by the notion that this can be accomplished by any Shopify user, and we continue to make the robust feature-set easier and easier to configure (with pre-built demos included with the theme .zips).

While a normal update on Shopify does generally involve reconfiguring settings, it is the method available to all Shopify themes - we haven't made this process intentionally difficult, but seek ways to make the process easier and faster.

The Theme Updater App is a tool for making parts of the Shopify updating process automatic - in particular, obtaining the new version of the theme, carrying over past setting configurations, and detecting code customizations are conducted automatically. With the changes to the pricing plans, this tool is available for free for the first year of usage (based on the theme's registration date through the app) - following the free year, a number of flexible subscriptions options are available for users who value the time-savings the app offers. Rest assured, at no point in the use of any Out of the Sandbox theme (including Flex) is the Theme Updater App required! Updated theme files continue to be available for free and using the Theme Updater App to update the theme is optional.

To note, if you're a user of the Flex theme, which was released in Aug 2019, the free trial of the Basic Plan of the app should be available to you, based on the registration date of your Flex theme which would still be within its first year. If you're looking for any assistance with accessing the free trial feel free to contact the Out of the Sandbox Help Center - help@outofthesandbox.com

Sincerely,
The Out of the Sandbox Team

18. srpen 2020

Unfortunately I was keen to use this app as it said it preserved theme settings but it doesn't completely. All my fonts, footer settings, apps, uploaded swatches, etc are lost each time.

Disappointed.