Sell more with Amazon
Create listings for your products and reach new customers on Amazon.
Link existing Amazon listings to your products.
Manage products and orders
Sync inventory and fulfill orders from Shopify.
About Amazon channel
Sell on Amazon
Sell on the world’s largest online marketplace by creating listings for your products or linking your existing listings to Shopify. With the Amazon channel, you can manage your Amazon inventory and fulfill Amazon orders from the comfort of Shopify.
With Shopify and the Amazon channel, you can:
- create Amazon listings for your Shopify products (see eligible Amazon categories below)
- link your existing Amazon listings to your Shopify products (any product category)
- add registered brands to create listings with your brand’s key attribute (no UPC/EAN required)
- track your Amazon inventory
- fulfill orders placed on Amazon
- track Amazon sales using your Home sales overview and Analytics pages
To use the Amazon channel, you need to:
- sell in USD or CAD
- have an Amazon Professional Seller Account that’s enabled to sell on Amazon.com or Amazon.ca (USD $39/month, or CAD $29/month)
Eligible Amazon categories
With the Amazon channel, you can link existing listings from any category to your Shopify products. You can currently create new listings in the following categories:
- arts, crafts, and sewing
- beauty and personal care
- clothing, shoes, and jewelry
- health and household
- home and kitchen
- lawn and garden
- sports and outdoors
- toys and games
Learn more about selling on Amazon by visiting the website in the “Sales & support” section of this page.
External charges may apply. These charges are billed by the external provider and won’t appear on your Shopify invoice.
Free to install
Requires Amazon Professional Seller Account—$39/month
Most recent reviews
Luxe Auto Concepts
- Does not contain the category- Automotive. This completely tanks our ability to use the sales channel. Why?! - REALLY needs the ability to turn off order importing. We use ShipStation to import orders from Amazon; which creates duplicate orders. I created a workaround to not import those orders in ShipStation, but the Amazon app needs to be able to do this as well.
This thing is truly terrible. Nothing about it works. We have 20+ products on Amazon and the Shopify-Amazon channel will only pull in four. Nor will it let us link anything in Shopify to existing Amazon products.
God First Nation Co.™
Does this ever work? Paying for a professional account and we cannot list anything because it refuses to accept our Registered brand on Amazon.