Data Exporter ‑ Tax Compliance

Export data to help comply with local tax regulations

Free

VER Selb Fan-Shop

I think this is a good start for the use in Germany, but we urgently need the possibility for a monthly export. Surely this should not be so complicated? Please add this option! After that it will get 5 stars too.

January 13, 2022

Hey there! It's Ferry here from the Shopify product team. Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We really appreciate this, so we can improve the functionality for our merchants. We have taken a look at your request and I am pleased to let you know that we have introduced the functionality to have a monthly export. We hope you’ll like it and that it solves your needs.

If you have any additional questions please reach out to us at retail-support@shopify.com. -Ferry

Inselwinkel

In Deutschland so immer noch nicht nutzbar. Kein monatlicher Export möglich, nur immer das ganze Geschäftsjahr. Mein Steuerberater hat die Hände vor den Kopf zusammengeschlagen, ich nutze jetzt die Lösung von https://www.accountone.de

January 13, 2022

Hallo! Hier ist Ferry vom Shopify-Produktteam. Vielen Dank, dass Sie sich die Zeit genommen haben, uns Feedback zu geben. Wir wissen das wirklich zu schätzen, damit wir die Funktionalität für unsere Händler verbessern können. Wir haben uns Ihre Anfrage angesehen und ich freue mich, Ihnen mitteilen zu können, dass wir die Funktion für einen monatlichen Export eingeführt haben. Wir hoffen, dass sie Ihnen gefällt und Ihren Bedürfnissen gerecht wird.

Wenn Sie weitere Fragen haben, kontaktieren Sie uns bitte unter retail-support@shopify.com. -Ferry

Sunny Studio Stamps

I was extremely excited by the thought of this app since filing local sales tax each quarter can be extremely time consuming for me having to hunt for each individual location code by county or city. For years I have had to do much of this manually and it can easily take me 3 to 4 hours to pay a few hundred dollars worth of taxes. My state gives me the option to import a file, but Shopify's exports are not formatted correctly. If they were set up properly and customized for each individual state's requirements, I would be able to file my taxes in minutes and not hours. However as it is, this app does not give the option to break down sales by states at all and does not include the local 4-digit county and city codes that are needed to allow for easy uploading as suggested (which Shopify is obviously using on the backend to collect the correct tax for each specific customer's location in the first place). At the very least I thought I might be able to export sales by region like the UK who now requires VAT collection, but they too are not part of the list. Right now Australia, Germany and France are the only specific locations on the list which are of zero use to me. I actually can get everything this app provides and more on my standard Shopify plan by exporting a simple sales report which is such a disappointment. Crossing my fingers improvements are made to fill this desperate need. Sadly right now this app is a huge miss.