EasyDisqus ‑ DISQUS comments

EasyDisqus ‑ DISQUS comments

by NexusMedia OÜ

Add DISQUS comments widget to your store

Stone Relief

The platform is beautiful and is easy to use for customers. However, it does not consistently provide email notifications if a customer leaves a comment. This is a big deal. And, after months of trying to figure out how to get email notifications when someone comments on my blog post, I am still left empty handed.

Trying to email Nexus support (the company providing the integration for DISQUS) is next to useless. Each time they simply state that they have nothing to do with the platform and that I should contact DISQUS. However, DISQUS does not offer customer support.

If you're going to offer a platform, SUPPORT IT or don't offer it. I am tremendously disappointed and would appreciate it if someone from either the Nexus or DISQUS team reached out to me or found a solution. It's such a shame that such a wonderful and easy to use platform falls short in such a critical area.

May 19, 2020

Hello,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience and trouble you're experiencing. We aren't a team behind DISQUS, and the idea of our app is to integrate the comments to your website in a proper way and avoid some difficulties related to the integration. Our app configures the DISQUS code as the default one doesn't work properly with Shopify in some aspects (e.g. the same product accessed from different collections will be recognized by DISQUS as different products with different comments by default). We can help you with issues related to migrating or displaying comments, but I'm afraid we don't have access to the Email notifications functionality.

DISQUS provides support for Plus, Pro, and Business plans. As for the Basic plan, there's an option to leave the bug report and feedback here: https://disqus.com/home/discuss/channel-discussdisqus.

If you want we can help you with it, please provide the link(s) to comments for which you're not receiving notifications. Also, please send us screenshots of your Moderation (https://disqus.com/home/settings/moderation/) and Email Notifications sections (https://disqus.com/home/settings/email/).

If you'll need any assistance from our end, please feel free to contact our support team, and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks,

EasyDISQUS team

Crossrope

Support was top-notch when we had to migrate comments from an old URL to new URL. Would recommend for sure.

OneEarthHealth

These guys are great. I had issues with installation and their programmers jumped in an helps out. Their communication is outstanding.

Plasticfreeworld

Cool app and killer support.
Will for sure use it in future..!
I like the very easy implementing methode. I did not get it to work at the beginning, but the support solved that problem within a couple of hours response time!
thanks

Lara not Laura

This is the app for you if you'd like to add the DISQUS commenting system in your Shopify store pages and/or blog post and don't know how to add the DISQUS code yourself. I installed it yesterday. The app support team were very easy to reach when I had questions and gave me all the help that I needed some adjustment to how the comment system looked on my page. Thank you!

Piante Sane

Some problems of installation for me (I'm a really dummy). Tanya save me, solving the problems and answering to my questions.
Thank you. Good job!
Ramon

Raging Swan Press

I'm still finding my way with this app, but the support from Nexusmedia is lightning fast and tremendously helpful. Great customer service!

Tumblar House

There is no need to ever pay money to use this app. I tried it out to see if they add anything special or new to disqus and they don't. Just sign up with disqus directly and paste their snippet instead of this app's snippet. To moderate the comments, this app links you to disqus's moderation page. As I say, this app doesn't actually help in any way. Save yourself some cash and just signup with disqus directly and follow their instructions.

August 25, 2019

Hi there!

Thank you for your review! Sure, you may use default code from DISQUS and it will work (i.e. DISQUS widget will appear on your page), but default code is not working 100% properly with Shopify.

For example, in Shopify product page for the same product may have different URLs if the product is in several different collections. In that case, default DISQUS code will consider that as different pages and your product will have several different DISQUS threads. There're also some other issues with default code.

Of course, if you have some coding skills you may check DISQUS documentation and configure DISQUS code to avoid those issues and make DISQUS code to work properly. Or you may use our app which provides you with DISQUS code optimized for Shopify websites.

And of course, our app has some additional features like the ability to migrate Shopify blog comments to DISQUS, for example.

NexusMedia Team

lovefermenting

Highly recommended! Exactly what I'm looking for. Easy installation and great service which help me a lot.

bobo design studio

After a disappointing call with Shopify that i could not reply to the comments on my blog within the native blog feature in Shopify, I started looking in the app store and was flabbergasted at some of the pricing for the various apps. While I'm bummed I have to pay for this, the Disqus app and customer service made it worth it. They basically set it all up for me and I didnt have to touch a lick of code. thats enough for me to give it 5 stars. Oh, and it works like a charm!

Previous 1 3 4 5