Laybuy

Laybuy

by Laybuy

Promote buy now, pay later payment plans

Slay My Print

The app didn’t work. Unhelpful support. They installed a banner on my store without my permission and even after deleting the app the banner remained.

shopSonter

I will be honest I do love laybuy, more than any other BNPL services, they have 6 interest free payments and focus on the customers and stores to create more accessibility when buying (plus no transaction fees for anyone :D). The App is a little confusing at first but once you read into the instructions, it basically takes you step by step and I have found it to be a more independent setup compared to others like Afterpay and Zippay.

Note: You will need to become a merchant of Laybuy similar to other BNPL offerings, to sign up visit: https://www.laybuy.com/our-merchants

Watch this video if you need help setting up: https://youtu.be/lp1-ccYoDXc

OR

Here are the steps summarised for people:
1. Install the app and connect it with your current theme being used.
(You can rename your themes to make sure it's the correct one or do as they mention and create a copy of the theme as a backup before you install Laybuy)
2. Click on the Setup Button in the app after you've linked your theme
3. Make sure your theme isn't password protected
4. Go to the settings tab and untick what you don't want to be included in your store
5. Go through all the remaining tabs and follow the steps
6. Ensure you edit the font size and logo size to match your website!

NOTE:
7. The 'CSS Selector' is the section you want Laybuy to put the information under.
8. The 'Observe Selector' is the dollar value you have to select.

Here is my example of the Debut theme selected for each tab.
COLLECTION PAGE

CART PAGE
CSS Selector: div.grid__item.text-right.small--text-center > div.cart-subtotal
Observe Selector: div.cart-subtotal > span.cart-subtotal__price

FOOTER PAYMENT ICONS
CSS Selector: div.grid__item.site-footer__payment-icons > ul.payment-icons.list--inline.site-footer__icon-list
(Make sure you tick whether you have payment icons or not!)

October 14, 2020

Thank you for the review.

Offbeat Sweetie

Two stars because the app was easy to install and setup, which would have been very convenient *if it had worked*. But it doesn't work, and the customer support is not timely.

I installed and setup the app as per instructions, however the price breakdown disappears within a couple of seconds of appearing on the page. I tried putting it in multiple different places, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but it doesn't work no matter what I do.
I emailed Laybuy about this and they asked me to add them as a user so they could fix it. I added them immediately as soon as their email came in, but nothing has been done since. This is now day 3 of waiting for a resolution, and they have not responded to my attempt to contact them yesterday for an update. I am likely to be losing sales through this delay, which is very disappointing.