Power BI Connector

Power BI Connector

by Alpha Serve

Export store data to Power BI to explore and visualize it.

Schwinn Bikes

Great support team. Everything you could possibly need in a connector. This has been a huge help in automating what used to be a manual process.

Jasper Industrial Supply

So far this app has been really good for us. Our financial controller was doing all kinds of reconciliations with Shopify manually, and I was able to replicate her large spreadsheet with the click of a button. The only drawback I have noticed is the inability to get actual shipping charges. The customer may get free shipping, but we still have to pay for a shipping label. I have no way to account for my label costs to get true profitability. Other tools we have used have access to this field so I hope the PBI Connector can eventually get it.

Kitchen Center

Hi, auto update is not working in continuous. I need a constant update. how does auto update continuous work?

August 27, 2020

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As you may know, according to our request Shopify has granted us permission to allow our users to export orders for the whole period. Since then the data preparation time on Shopify's side has greatly increased. As a consequence, the number of timeout errors in Power BI increased, too. Data preparation fully depends on Shopify, we do not control the process and the data preparation time always varies. E.g. according to the log files, data preparation time varies from seconds to hours, and for some cases, it reaches 7 hours. To avoid Power BI timeouts errors the process was split into two parts: data preparation in Shopify and data refresh in Power BI.

When you set up continuous data preparation for your source, data preparation automatically starts after the previous has finished. You are able to get fresh data multiple times during the day by refreshing your data set in Power BI while the data preparation process runs in the background in Shopify. Data preparation time depends on the amount of data chosen for export. You can check the last time data has been prepared in the 'Prepared at' column.

Please note that due to Shopify API limitations, data preparation can be done one at a time. In case you create more than one source with continuous data preparation, data preparation will automatically start for the first source after the data preparation for the second source has been finished.

Hope this explains how continuous update works.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Kind regards,
Alpha Serve Support Team

First Emergency

I found it incredibly easy to figure out how to connect my store with Power BI. This is a great app and extensively used by our teams for creating reports. Fantastic app and a huge time saver for us.

SleekPicks

We use this app to import data to Power BI Desktop, it gets the job done. We would appreciate having the possibility to refresh Data Sources more than 1 time a day. Support is very responsive and helped us to resolve issues. Good work!

SquareDubai

Introducing any tools in operation which are available in the market place always forces us to think whether it will solve our purpose or not. If we are fortunate enough to get the tools which is plug-n-play and solve our purpose then we feel happy. But most of the time it does not happen in that way. Because like our business our requirements are also unique. And in those situations which is obvious, it's all depends on the team behind the tool. How they listen to you? How they bring changes in the tools based on your requirement. This connector is blended with perfect team and perfect solution for any business. I am happy to be a user of this connector and it works perfect in operation.

June 16, 2020

Hi SquareDubai,

Thank you for your feedback!

Kind regards,