Unitpricer

Unitpricer

by Pixelsafari

Sell products by weight, size, length or volume in the POS App

Gull Meadow Farms

We have been trying to find an app that allows us to sell items that are priced by the pound at our POS. Since Shopify doesn't currently allow you to enter an item and have the POS prompt you for the price we needed to find an app that allows us to adjust the price...and not just apply a discount

Unitpricer seemed to meet those needs, however, the app adds tax to items that don't currently have tax enabled. We sell apples by the pound which does not require tax. In order to sell that product we have to...

1. Weigh the item on a separate scale
2. Enter the price per pound on that scale to get the sale price
3. Select the item in Shopify
4. Select Unitpricer
5. Adjust the price to match the price on the scale
6. Remove tax from that item after unitpricer adds it back in

While I'm happy to have an option to be able to sell my products, the speed of unitpricer as well as the fact that it adds tax on an non tax item is an issue. I'm worried that one of my staff will not catch this and will upset a customer upon looking at their receipt. Overall a good app, just may not be the best option for those looking for speed or selling items with that don't require tax.

UPDATE
Thank you Unitpricer for your response. Unfortunately, most of the items in our store require tax. It would take much more of an effort to take tax off of all the other items we sell versus just a few specific items. Thank you for providing a solution, I'm sure my situation is different than most. I am in agreement with you that this seems like a pretty logical thing to address in a shopify POS update. I'm sure it will be along at some point, just a frustration as of now.

September 4, 2020

Hi Gull Meadow Farms,

thank you so much for your review! We highly appreciate feedback from our customers. Especially tips about features that do not work as expected helps us to make sure that we improve the right things. Fortunately I have good news in regards to both issues you described in your review:

Tax: There's a workaround for this: You can set the standard tax settings for your products to 0% in your store's tax settings and only apply taxes to the products that actually should be taxed. Since Shopify always applies the standard tax rate to all the products that our app creates, this will fix the issue you described.

We're also working on a new solution that will remove the need for this workaround: Our app has to use Shopify's "Quick Sale Product" feature, which is basically designed for exactly our use case. Unfortunately Shopify doesn't allow setting specific tax rates for quick sale products. We hoped for an update in the new Shopify POS app that has been released recently, but unfortunately it didn't happen. That's why we're already working on a solution for this scenario that we'll release later this year: Our plan is to create new products on the fly which can have the same tax rate like the main product.

Loading times: This highly depends on the quality of your internet connection. For most users the app has an initial loading time of about 2-3 seconds and loads in about 1 second for subsequent loads.

However, we're working on a totally new interface that will match way better what you probably know from regular scales of groceries stores and aim for even better loading times by reducing the app size below 0.5 MegaBytes (MB). Even before that update, we'll release a technical update that will make the load times better. This one is scheduled for the next 2-3 weeks.

We'll let you know once we've released the updates and hope that you'll find the time to give Unitpricer another try. Looking forward to see this become a 5 star review soon! :-)

The Dapper Dwelling

I am over the moon excited about the functionality of this app. It was very easy to install and integrate into my existing POS system. Customer service was almost immediate when I had some questions and we resolved them quickly.

KIN DOG GOODS

I wish the app was around when I launched our store. We sell a range of meat cuts per gram and previously we had to have the products listed in our POS as the price per gram. This meant at checkout a single packet would have to have a qty equal to the packets total grams.

Unit price cleans all this up and lists products correctly on the receipt. It will also enable us to use inventory per piece because we will no longer have to use that to calculate the price.

Currently, you can only add a single identical product one at a time, But I reached out to support Daniel got back to me in minutes and informed me he will look at fixing this in a future update.

Highly recommend this app to all stores using Shopify POS who need to sell by weight.