Learn about your best shoppers
Pinpoint reveals the unique personality characteristics of your best customers
Apply your new-found insights
Review recommended words and colors that best resonate with your customers' dominant personality traits
Uncover personality details
Take a deep dive into the personality dimensions of your customers with interactive data visualizations
About Shopper Personality
Shopper Personality (by Pinpoint Predictive) helps you personalize your marketing messages based upon the underlying personality characteristics of your best customers. We’re the first to offer anything like this, and we’ve packaged it for Shopify merchants...for free!
Pinpoint’s integration with Shopify is easy to use (just install the app) and enables you to create a free account and receive initial recommendations within 24 hours.
Recommendations on communicating with your best customers
- Shopper Personality assesses the unique buying patterns for your store, and compares a de-identified segment of your best shoppers to our proprietary personality data.
- We return privacy-safe personality insights about your customers, together with academically reviewed recommendations about the colors and words that best resonate with their personality dimensions (colors that attract Extroverts / words that motivate Cynics / etc.)
- You also get access to a self-driven exploration tool that allows a slice-and-dice analysis of your shopper segment across all 5 "Factors" and 30 "Facets" of personality (check this out in our video tutorial in the FAQ!)
- We then update our analysis monthly, alerting you whenever your influx of new shoppers shifts our recommended communications strategies.
Background on Pinpoint and the science of personality
- Pinpoint was founded at Stanford in 2014 in order to build upon years of academic research in the fields of quantitative psychology and machine learning (a combo we refer to as Psychometric AI).
- Our goal has been to take the “Big Five” model of human personality (much more on this in our FAQ if you’re curious) and apply it for more personalized and effective marketing.
- After much trial and error, we developed a system that accurately details the personalities for most US adults...all in a patent-pending platform that is both GDPR & CCPA (the upcoming California Consumer Privacy Act) compliant.
- Finally, we began to assemble, analyze and test a wide selection of academic research about psychological responses to various words, colors and images, enabling the first personality-driven content personalization system.
- Bottom line, Shopper Personality packages great science in support of great results.
The fine print (i.e., merchant qualifications)
- In support of both privacy and accuracy, we tuned the app for US-based merchants that already have a meaningful set of U.S.-based adult customers.
- So, we apologize in advance if we can't yet serve you...but hope we'll both grow into working together in the near future!
Pretty interesting, right? We think so too and really hope you love Shopper Personality. Please check-out our FAQ for many more details and reach-out with questions!
Overall rating Based on 5 reviews
Most recent reviews
Really interesting premise. Taking these insights into consideration for wording on product pages, and the flow of content on the homepage.
Made In Cookware
The instant visualization of the app is awesome. We're always trying to hone in on "who IS the Made In customer." We get demographic data from Facebook and Google, but this data was super insightful. We're able to craft messaging and creative on emails, Facebook, and other ad platforms based off this data. The team is also great to work with! Would recommend.
More Natural Healing
They came back with some "interesting" feedback on who our customer is; we'll use them as we grow to determine if we are moving in the right direction.