Convert visitors to customers
Dead link visitors close the browser in the most situations. Offers can kept on the site.
404 errors to your advantage
Promote Special successor products on your Smart404 page.
Display content based
Show videos on your Smart404 page or use HTML for everything else!
Why do I need a "smart" 404 page?
A decisive part of the success of your shop is that the customer finds what he is looking for. If he gets to a Not Found error page, his search usually ends in a dead end. Many customers decide to close their browser and leave their store.
There can be many reasons why customers come to a 404 page. You could have followed a link in a social network to an article or collection that no longer exists. Or the customer had a favorite saved from an item he wanted to buy later.
They may land on your 404 because
- there is a typo in an URL pointing to your store from an external site
- there are typos in URLs in your own store
- You have imported your data from an external source and incorrect links in the text.
How does Smart404 help?
404 pages aren't bad and can be a great opportunity to turn visitors into buyers!
That said, this app allows you to display content to your 404 visitors based on what they were looking for
- If the bad URL contained the word "Men", suggest him/her your "Men" collection
- If the bad URL contained the word "Shirt", suggest him/her a shirt collection
- If the bad URL contained the word "Man" AND the word "Shirts", suggest shirts for men.
Smart404 allows you to add as many rules as you want.
Instead of a simple 404 error page, they can offer the customer an automatic search with smart404.
It is even possible to display any text/Html on the page and even to integrate external videos (e.g. YouTube).
Another good solution is to forward the customer to another article with smart404.
You can forward the customer without knowing the exact URL. Your search for keywords in the URL and build the redirect on them.
You can see the app in action in the demo store. Here you can see a short continuous screencast on youtube, that shows you how smart 404 works.
Who are we?
We are a small team of techies specializing in the development of Shopify apps. What counts for us is a happy customer.
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 6-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.