Reviews (133)

4.8

Merchants appreciate this app for its ease of use, customization, and reliable performance in ensuring compliance with age restrictions. They value its features such as customizable pop-up design and age verification at checkout. The support team, particularly Chris, is commended for their prompt and proactive help. The app also offers bot blocking and terms and conditions verification. It's considered affordable, with the free version often being sufficient and the paid plans providing good value. The app integrates seamlessly with platforms like Langify and Klaviyo.

March 17, 2023

Been using for a month now....Very easy to use, and great support from the guy who created it. Highly recommended.

ForWhiskeyLovers.com
October 9, 2022

I installed this app because it allowed me to do the age verification at checkout instead of on entry to the site. The design of the pop up is really nice and easy to customise. I had a technical question, so I emailed the developer and he responded really quickly and fixed the issue for me. I really recommend this app.

Caviar and Cocktails
October 20, 2021

Does what it says it will do! Sleek design, easy to install & edit, fast & helpful support! Highly recommend this app!!

Forward Drinking
Northern Apps replied October 20, 2021

Thanks so much for the kind words, makes my day!

July 15, 2021

This app is really helpful and excellent. It has many functions that work well with no issue. I appreciate it. Thanks!

J Wellness Shop
2 days using the app
Northern Apps replied July 15, 2021

It makes me very happy to hear that my app has been helpful to you! Thank you very much for the review!

February 8, 2021

Perfect app to add age verification to any page/collection/products.
Easy to use and does exactly what I want

The Scarborough Joke Shop
1 day using the app
October 28, 2021

If I could score 6 stars, I would. Chris and his team are exceptional. Prompt and personable service. The app was even tailored to my site’s needs. I highly recommend this app for anyone needing age verification on their site. Fantastic work Chris.

Shhh...
About 22 hours using the app
Northern Apps replied October 28, 2021

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your review!

Edited April 4, 2020

Whilst this app does what it says, it causes multiple issues.

Specifically it causes issues with banner resolution.

After installing the app we noticed our homepage banner had become blurry, we contacted Shopify to which we were given this reply:

"Hi Kurtis!

My name is Nate, and I'm with the Theme Support team at Shopify.

Geelyn reached out and let me know you were having trouble with some images loading blurrier than expected.

After taking a closer look at this issue, we have ruled out the original theme code as the cause. We have tested the original theme code, checked settings and preferences in the admin including the domain, and have run other tests to see if we could narrow down the cause.

We believe the issue is caused by leftover app code related to Age Checker Plus, an uninstalled app. As this is third party code, we are not able to troubleshoot further or provide support for correcting the code.

Shopify app developers provide support for their apps, including troubleshooting and install/uninstall help! We recommend you reach out to them for further assistance by visiting their app store page, and clicking"

So after figuring this out, we now need to alter our code to reverse the issue.

Please don't use this app if you have no coding experience as it will leave you in the hands of this app's developers to fix your issue.

Update: Within a couple hours we had an E-mail from the developer in which he gave us full insight on how to remove the code to free up our banner resolution to be poor.

Everything seems to be working now.

vapeboxdistro
9 days using the app
Northern Apps replied April 12, 2020

Thanks for reporting this and sorry that our app didn't work out for your shop. I'm happy to share that the following improvements have now been made so that new users won't experience the same issues.

1. Firstly, the app will not run when it is not activated.
2. Secondly, the banner resolution issue has been identified and fixed!

Chris

Edited February 1, 2022

Die App ist sehr gut. Man kann Sie überall platzieren. Per Pop-up auf der Homepage. In der Produktseite oder im Warenkorb, hier kann man die App auch als festen Bestandteil mit Checkbox intrigieren, sodass der Kunde erst nach Kontrolle zum Checkout gelangt. Die App bietet mehrere Möglichkeiten zur Überprüfung. Der Support von Chris Extra-Klasse. Schnell, freundlich und flexibel.

Winetobefine
Germany
7 days using the app
Edited May 1, 2021

I uninstalled the app as it didnt work. I contacted support, waited days and no one replied. Really disappointed. ---- As mentioned, I never got any email from your company. Can you please send the email from April 26th again.

Dads Matter AU
5 days using the app
Northern Apps replied May 1, 2021

Hi there

Chris here. We did receive your email and responded on April 26th... but you must not have received it. Can you double check your inbox and let me know?

Either way I’m more than happy to help out however I can, and sorry about the trouble!

Edit: I've tried to send my reply again - it should be going to a gmail address... if you don't see that would you mind sending an email to northern.apps.contact@gmail.com - maybe we'll have better luck with that.

Edited January 11, 2021

fully free app, working great, fully customize, able to edit in code. This is awesome, thank you Chris Geelhoed! You are amazing!

Aussie Meat