Create an engaging experience that converts users in no-time.
Easy to integrate, up and running in minutes.
Optimize product layout
Control your merchandising to improve customer engagement, sales and promotions.
About Algolia Search and Discovery
What is Algolia?
Algolia is an e-commerce search and discovery platform that enables retailers of all sizes to deliver fast and personalized e-commerce experiences that drive engagement and conversions across web and mobile. Algolia comes with a suite of tools built for Shopify users that allow you to analyze, optimize and merchandise the experience.
Improve Shopify store conversions and order value
Algolia connects with your Shopify store product catalog and collections to provide a frictionless search and navigation experience. Easily bring search autocomplete, typo tolerance, synonyms management, filters and facets, and many more to your customers, on any device, with unparalleled speed and relevance.
Stay in control with built-in merchandising and business tools
- Use our visual dashboard to promote specific results and merchandise your collection pages. Rank your Shopify search results by popularity, discount rate, shipping weight, or any data that matters to you. Choose what filters your shoppers will use to refine their search.
- Use Algolia to configure and optimize your Collection pages: decide the facets to enable, customize the sort order and the look, and promote your own set of products.
- Understand your users with powerful Analytics: what they are searching for, what filters they use, what searches return no results. Use those insights to improve your product catalog, adapt your SEO strategy and fuel merchandising initiatives.
Seamless integration with your Shopify store
- Always-on syncing: Make sure that your new products are immediately available in your Shopify search results. Never disappoint shoppers with out-of- stock products.
- Maximize your brand: Customize your Shopify search to your brand through your Shopify dashboard, or go further and create advanced interfaces using our front-end libraries.
Rely on a trusted solution
- Scalable and reliable: Choose a search that grows with your Shopify store. Algolia serves 80+ billion billions search queries per month.
- Our presence in +70 data centers on 6 continents is unmatched. Wherever you and your shoppers are in the world, we’ll make your search ultra fast and reliable. Algolia offers up to 99.999% SLA.
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 14-day free trial
External charges may apply. These charges are billed by the external provider and won’t appear on your Shopify invoice.
Free to get started, great for small projects
Up to 10 units / month
1 unit = 1,000 searches / month
Starting at $1 per unit. See our pricing page for more information.
Pay as you go pricing with volume discounts
Consumer grade search with Analytics
Starting at $1.50 per unit. See our pricing page for more information.
All features in Standard plan
Product and collections merchandizing
Advanced relevance settings
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Nexus Promo - IT Solutions
No longer supported - plan to replace
From github: https://github.com/algolia/instantsearch.js/issues/3309
"Note that InstantSearch v1 is no longer supported. "
This is the version shopify uses.
In the last week. I have contacted algolia twice for help with things not working as expect. Both times they gave the impression that shopify is not important and would not help.
I wanted to add an exclude for some customers, so some product would be excluded from the search, but this feature does not work. When I asked for help they said the shopify version was not supported.
While the basic search is impressive, adding options as been a problem, with features not working for me.
Update: They plan upgrade shopify to InstantSearch v2 in a few months. This looks to fix my current issues. InstantSearch v2: https://codesandbox.io/s/l598wkxoy7
Let me save everyone some time, money, and frustration and give you a summary of what to expect with this app.
The app itself works pretty good, but the company behind it is extremely suspect.
For the past 9 months we have had this app in place with their premium/unlimited plan. It cost us $65 per month every month like clockwork. Starting in August-September, all of the sudden our bill went up to $475 per month, and then again $475 in October.
When we took a closer look, it turns out there is a "bug" in the app that causes the app to trigger an event which in turn charges us money. So they have created an app that prints money for themselves.
We let them know, and all they did for us was give us a $350 coupon towards one of the months, and said they had fixed the issue. Clearly, they have not fixed the issue. We are concerned how many other customers may be the victims of fraud without knowing it.
We have made absolutely no changes to our website, yet somehow are experiencing a 9x increase in billing. Also very suspicious, this is the only third party app I have come across that does their own billing, rather than it being billed through Shopify.
Now I am having to work with Shopify to get our money back and investigate the potential fraud this company is taking part in. They are extremely slow to respond, and so far they can't even refund us the money, only give us a coupon...something is not adding up.
This Algolia integration was easy to implement and provided a much better result that out of the box search. We've also been able to adjust the ranking and disable typo-tolerance for a few unique strings to better suit our needs.