Reviews (37)

3.9
June 11, 2024

Very easy to setup, just a few button clicks. The Search result page was easy to customise and I could easily blend it to look like my website. From no search ability to a great search functionality in matter of minutes - that's what I loved about it.
Great search results as expected and I also tried their new NeuralSearch product which enables me to support multi-language semantic search in less than an hour. Very Exciting.

KU-VASU
June 20, 2024

Would 100% recommend Algolia to other enterprise level users - the tool has everything you need to make a success of your search strategy and a team with the expertise to help too. We've worked with Algolia for 1.5 years now and our search experience is definitely the best it's been, with a marked improvement from our previous partner.

Oh Polly UK
June 13, 2024

I have worked on Algolia implementations for other software stacks, and I can tell that the integration with Shopify facilitates a lot of work that you would need to do if you need to build this integration from scratch.

This App doesn't provide out of box functionalities for design, etc. so it might need some adjustment and customisations to fit your needs in terms of design.

That said, the most valuable thing this App provides is the access to first in class e-commerce technology for Search & Discovery without doing a lot of work.

Cinna Rolls
Spain
3 months using the app
June 25, 2024

Overall a great app integration between Algolia and Shopify, it really is a game changer in terms of speed compared to our previous app, the support team is very helpful in solving our problems also.

Polo Club
Spain
12 months using the app
June 20, 2024

Smooth integration and good support from Algolia team for setting up the right indexes that boost response time of search

World of Books
11 months using the app
June 14, 2024

Took the app off our store since we longer use it- it is still embedded in the backend causing search issues for our customers.

Premier Lacrosse League Shop
Over 2 years using the app
May 29, 2024

Installed app, authenticated to algolia, it asks me to select application to create credentials and 'get started'. Loading spinner just spins and never completes, so I can't even do the basic configuration.

Email Algolia support, get a response 30 minutes later saying because i am on a 'free' plan, I don't get any technical support.

So long story short, can't get the basic app configured, 0 support.

Dhi Ferrari | Cakes
New Zealand
5 days using the app
Algolia replied June 6, 2024

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our team has reached out to you via email to offer our assistance. When you have a moment, please reply so we can help resolve the issue and ensure you're fully set up.

March 1, 2024

Algolia has been a great investment in helping us aggregate search records across different WordPress and Shopify environments. Their support has been invaluable -- from presales to post-launch questions. The product itself works great and tying into the API to customize our results pages was very straightforward. We highly recommend Algolia.

Floret Flower Farm
Algolia replied May 2, 2024

Thank you for the feedback!

February 22, 2024

I've used Algolia for a few years now, originally with the full API integration, and now with the Shopify app and I've been really impressed with both.

Investment in the set-up and configuration is definitely worth the output - it's such a powerful tool. Algolia's re-ranking in our collection pages and search results improved our click throughs and conversion enough to quickly pay for the license.

I know this because of the ability to A/B test in the tool, coupled with visible and detailed analytics.

Would definitely recommend.

Veynd
6 months using the app

Appreciate your support!

April 29, 2024

Beware - You will need a full stack developer to install this app for you - no plug-and-play setup. Even for minor adjustments , there is no in-app dashboard to customize.

Vape 360 Uk
About 9 hours using the app
Algolia replied May 2, 2024

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the setup issues and appreciate your patience. Our support team has reached out to you to see where we can help.

We've also launched a new quick start video this week to simplify setup: https://academy.algolia.com/guides/96331898-0715-11ef-9b8d-02cd6c51e67b/tasks/38f8aa3e-063a-11ef-a872-06ed93d039b7.

Additionally, today's update includes a fix that might specifically aid with setting up on your theme. We’re committed to enhancing your experience with our app. Please contact our support team for further assistance. Thanks again.