Algolia Search & Discovery

Algolia Search & Discovery

by Algolia

Product search & discovery that increases conversions at scale

Nexus Promo - IT Solutions

No longer supported - plan to replace

From github: https://github.com/algolia/instantsearch.js/issues/3309

"Note that InstantSearch v1 is no longer supported. "

This is the version shopify uses.

In the last week. I have contacted algolia twice for help with things not working as expect. Both times they gave the impression that shopify is not important and would not help.

I wanted to add an exclude for some customers, so some product would be excluded from the search, but this feature does not work. When I asked for help they said the shopify version was not supported.

While the basic search is impressive, adding options as been a problem, with features not working for me.

Update: They plan upgrade shopify to InstantSearch v2 in a few months. This looks to fix my current issues. InstantSearch v2: https://codesandbox.io/s/l598wkxoy7

PEScience

Let me save everyone some time, money, and frustration and give you a summary of what to expect with this app.

The app itself works pretty good, but the company behind it is extremely suspect.

For the past 9 months we have had this app in place with their premium/unlimited plan. It cost us $65 per month every month like clockwork. Starting in August-September, all of the sudden our bill went up to $475 per month, and then again $475 in October.

When we took a closer look, it turns out there is a "bug" in the app that causes the app to trigger an event which in turn charges us money. So they have created an app that prints money for themselves.

We let them know, and all they did for us was give us a $350 coupon towards one of the months, and said they had fixed the issue. Clearly, they have not fixed the issue. We are concerned how many other customers may be the victims of fraud without knowing it.

We have made absolutely no changes to our website, yet somehow are experiencing a 9x increase in billing. Also very suspicious, this is the only third party app I have come across that does their own billing, rather than it being billed through Shopify.

Now I am having to work with Shopify to get our money back and investigate the potential fraud this company is taking part in. They are extremely slow to respond, and so far they can't even refund us the money, only give us a coupon...something is not adding up.

Clivecoffee

This Algolia integration was easy to implement and provided a much better result that out of the box search. We've also been able to adjust the ranking and disable typo-tolerance for a few unique strings to better suit our needs.

Test 7371

Best app ever as search tool! We love you Algolia <3

Dicks Climbing

Excellent search tool, would recommend to anyone.

Orshy

Brilliant app, works like a charm and gives a unique user friendly quick and responsive UI which is very helpful on ecommerce websites

Autorenwelt

Algolia is an amazing search SaaS providing an amazing user experience to our customers. We were thinking about building a search ourselves with Elasticsearch, but are now using Algolia to make 3M+ books searchable at shop.autorenwelt.de.

Matthieu, who is responsible for this integration at Algolia, was an absolute pleasure to work with - never before have I experienced such a responsive, thorough and helpful customer support.

If search is the primary way your customers interact with your product range, don't skimp on it.

Adkguitar

A little bit tough to get it started, but once I did I really liked the final results. There is a ridiculous amount of power in this that you can use if you want to (but pay for it). This is close to enterprise level search for a reasonable price per month.

We removed Algolia because the free 10k operations don't last long at all. This includes all indexing, searching (per key), etc. If they had a cheaper intro plan we'd probably jump in, but I'll look around to see if there's another option at the price point we need.

Natural Heroes Nl

Really wanted to use this app, but I cannot create an account with them. I literally cannot press the "create account" button on my browsers (and I've tried all of them).

I've asked support to help me multiple times, and they always say they will look into it, but then I never hear from them again.

EDIT: they contacted me quickly after this review with a great solution and some extra's.

Chuubie

I'm a Shopify Experts developer, and Algolia is the best search app for Shopify HANDS DOWN. If you go to Algolia.com, you'll see that they're used on some really big name fashion brands like thekooples.com/us/.

Best part, it's free!!
Their instant search makes it feel like you're on Google. It blows shopify native search out of the water.

Installation is a little more involved than a single click, but it's worth it because this is a real platform, not a shitty half-baked Shopify plugin app as many are.. honestly.

I've implemented this across a few of my client sites. Here are some examples of how you can use it:

Lastly, their support forums are GREAT, they will get back to you next day early morning. and you can search for answers in the forums.

Expert level customizability for your search needs. A++++++++

Previous 1