Bad Customer

Bad Customer

by Outlander

Block customers, reduce chargebacks & avoid serial-refunders.

Apple Blossom Kennels

the block list I thought would block people from actually ordering but it doesn't. it just adds them to a list to show the orders placed by the flagged clients.

June 24, 2021

This is on purpose.

We found that when bad customers are aware they've been blocked, they will try different email addresses, misspell street names, or use a friend/neighbor's address to receive the goods in order to get around the block. By accepting the order, and tagging it so you can cancel it manually, the customer won't know why their order was canceled unless you tell them.

We hope you'll consider this perspective and consider revising your review, as the app is doing exactly what it aims to do -- detecting and tagging orders from bad customers.

My Righteous Apparel

I like that this app monitors for problem customers from multiple databases at the time the order is placed. By adding to my own blocked list, this app helps me keep track of customers I don't want to sell to (Multiple returns, too much drama, one-star review because of the post office, etc). The blocked list just reminds you. You can still process the order if you choose to. Excellent app with excellent support. Highly recommended.

Kickerball

Definitely a clever approach to fraud detection. Great app! Our Shopify store syncs with our warehouse automatically, so even if we did notice something that seemed suspicious, the warehouse had usually already packed and shipped it. We were able to configure our 3PL to ignore orders with the bc_warning tag so they didn't automatically ship and can just remove the tag if we want to take the risk and ship it anyway.

HIDDEN CULT

Great, simple app. Installed it a few days ago and has already saved me from fraudulent customers. Recommended :)

SideShaper

Does what it says. Sneaky customer had a new email and billing address but the same ship-to address and was trying to rip us off again. This app caught it and tagged the order.