BYOB ‑ Build Your Own Bundles

BYOB ‑ Build Your Own Bundles

Free plan available. 14-day free trial.
Rating (4.2)
4.2
February 8, 2023

Customer service is second to none. We searched high and low for an app that did what we needed. Highly recommend.

Swygge
January 15, 2023

Major shipping error with this app. Item weights are combined for the BYOB SKU which is great, but in printing the label the individual SKUs are added to the total weight on top of the BYOB SKU. Example - BYOB combined SKU weight is 2lbs + Individual SKUs weights = 4lbs.

The app doubles the weights at checkout, so instead of paying for shipping for a 2lb bundle (which is the calculated combined weight of all the items), I and the customer are paying for 4lbs because it calculates the weights AGAIN for the individual SKUs. Which in turn causes me to pay sometimes $7 to $10 more in shipping.

I have contacted support about this issue and there seems to be a language barrier issue. Shopify was also nice enough after understanding the issue to contact the apps support on my behalf as well. Either we are not explaining it correctly (even with screenshots and other visuals) or they are not understanding what the issue is.

Absolutely LOVE this app and it ticks all the boxes I needed for my customers and site, though this issue is causing me to bleed money when it comes to shipping.

ChubbleGumLLC
Time spent using app: 2 months
SillyCube Technology Ltd. replied February 1, 2023

No, the customers are only paying for the items they order. Only AFTER the order is paid, individual items are added to the order. Also, the shipping fee is not recalculated after the order is edited. Therefore, the customers don't pay extra shipping fees.

I think you should pair the bundle with a discount code. With discount code mode, only individual items are added to the cart. This mode can easily integrate with various inventory systems since everything is Shopify-native: https://support.ilovebyob.com/article/188-what-is-discount-code-bundle

You can also try the latest feature - auto-fulfill bundle items. The bundle items are marked as fulfilled during the order edit process. They will be excluded from shipping. According to my tests, the total weight only includes the individual items + package, whether you are buying a single label or multiple labels. For more info, please refer to this article: https://blog.ilovebyob.com/beta-autofulfill-bundle/

December 20, 2022

This app is brilliant and the developer support is excellent. I've used quite a few bundling apps over the years and this is my favourite. The features are excellent, it works very well and the ability to edit the design within the Shopify editor is great.
Benny has been super helpful with tweaking the custom css when we've had some challenges in getting the app working just right for our store.
I highly recommend trying this app if you need to bundle products together.

Sauce Shop
Time spent using app: 5 months
SillyCube Technology Ltd. replied December 20, 2022

Thank you so much for your 5-star review!

December 6, 2022

FRAUD! This app doesnt work and they have absolutely no customer support whatsoever. I have to get Shopify support to try and help me contact someone from the app and all they told me was to hire a professional developer to get it working. BUYER BEWARE!

Now Alchemy
Time spent using app: 6 days
SillyCube Technology Ltd. replied December 6, 2022

Here's my reply:
1. You installed the app and requested local support. I've replied to you that we couldn't work at your pace since our timezone is different. But you keep submitting multiple tickets every day via Shopify/our helpdesk. I tried to refer you to other alternatives since day 1 and you refused.

I even work on Saturday to assist you, which is not our normal work day. But you keep complaining till Sunday. We cannot work 7 x 24 like Shopify. At least, you should have planned ahead of time instead of sending a last-minute notice to an app developer working together for a few days only.

Please be respectful to other companies not working in your area

If you claim that we offer no customer support, I'm willing to open all of your tickets and our replies to the public. These tickets are passing through Shopify support as well.

2. You asked us to set up the bundle for you, and you don't even bother to provide the bundle name, description, banner image, collections, etc. Please note that we are only an app developer. We do help merchants set up bundles but we are not responsible to manage your store business. We cannot prepare these data because we are not a full-service agency. Honestly, I can't guess what you want

3. You mention that you want the bundle to be live in a day or two. When the bundle is published, the bundle is live. Customers can visit the bundle product in the store. I am not sure why it's not "live". Once again, I asked you what is the meaning of bundle being live and you refuse to tell me what is your meaning of "live".

November 23, 2022

Great & simple app. Developers are extremely responsive & helpful. Even with custom CSS they always have a solution to my issues. Highly recommend!

Sear - Fusion Home Dining
Time spent using app: 5 months
November 9, 2022

This app is great! Although it didn't work on my store due to the conflict with another app I have installed, Benny is super great to work with, and I think if your store has fewer products, this app can really help boost sales. I highly recommend this app.

Little Sky Stone
Time spent using app: 6 days
November 8, 2022

I received a message telling me that I had uninstalled the BYOB app on November 3rd and I replied that I had not uninstalled anything. 5 days later I still have not received an answer and there seems to have been a bug because I no longer have the BYOB app. I would like to have an answer and that you fix the problem because I spent a lot of time to configure everything. Thanks

Keys Nutrition
Time spent using app: About 1 year
SillyCube Technology Ltd. replied November 8, 2022

Hi, I'm sorry to hear your app was uninstalled. From the Shopify record, I can see that you uninstalled the app on 4th November. Did you have other colleagues or Shopify partners deleting the app before?

FYI our app doesn't have a feature to automatically remove the app from a store. Also, we don't delete the app on behalf of any users. All users must remove the app from the Shopify admin => app list. Honestly, I have no idea why it happened.

If you are still interested in the app, you can reinstall it. At the moment of writing, we don't delete the bundle data even if the users delete the app. So users reinstalling the app should be able to activate the bundles immediately

September 27, 2022

Great and easy app to integrate onto my site! I had a little hiccup with my variants showing on the bundle page, so I reached out to support. Keep in mind, I'm only paying for the lowest tier $20/mo. Their support is based in Hong Kong (GMT+8), whereas I'm based in the US (GMT-7). They got back to me in less than 24 and resolved it within that time frame. Thank you so much for a great app and customer service!

From Kioni
Time spent using app: 3 months
SillyCube Technology Ltd. replied September 27, 2022

Thank you for your review! Indeed, one of the challenges is to handle the opposite timezone of oversea customers. We've been working hard to streamline the process so it doesn't go back and forth for a long time. Hope our service can help you achieve your goal :-)

September 8, 2022

Very cool app, super sharp customer experience AND helped us with better inventory management tracking.

Ri’s
Singapore
Time spent using app: 4 months
September 5, 2022

I use this app to offer my customers a bundling option to save, which overall increases the basket size. Very simple interface and integration. Idiot proof! Works perfect.

cloudicos
Time spent using app: About 1 year
SillyCube Technology Ltd. replied September 6, 2022

Thank you for your review. We'll continue to improve BYOB!