Deploying our API or Shopify plugin doesn’t require developer expertise, and you choose how to display the carbon data to your customers.
The API sends product info to our matching engine, which retrieves a carbon footprint calculation that Cooler backs up with a guarantee.
Cooler provides a Unique ID certifying the carbon eliminated with every transaction. Customers can click to see the results.
Make everything you sell carbon neutral, not just the shipping. Cooler allows you to join your consumers in the fight to stop climate change.
Cooler precisely calculates and neutralizes the carbon footprint of any product or service you sell. Not just the shipping footprint, the whole shebang. And we guarantee that it’s neutralized.
How Does Cooler Work?
- Add the Cooler app to your store.
- Cooler calculates the global warming impact of your full inventory and previews the cost of making each item carbon neutral. Cooler also provides you with a report, customized to the things you actually sell, on what you can do to drive down the footprint of those things.
- You choose how and when to make your consumers carbon neutral:
- You can use Cooler on a product-by-product basis or turn it on for everything you sell.
- You can run sustainability promotions by turning Cooler on during specified periods.
- You can choose to cover the expense of neutralization or ask your customers to opt-in.
- You choose from a variety of ways to show your customers that their shopping is now climate neutral, or we can help you embed custom messaging. Cooler provides a tracking ID to our certified calculations and neutralizations that helps you and your customers be sure of your impact at any time.
It’s that simple. You can be a carbon neutral store in a matter of minutes and join a growing community of Cooler companies and others committed to ending climate change.
How Does Cooler Calculate and Neutralize the Global Warming Impact of Products & Services?
Cooler’s team has over 20 years of experience in carbon foot printing (previously with Intuit, Walmart, eBay and others). We use peer-reviewed science from Yale and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to calculate an environmentally conservative footprint. Our guarantee: If we ever find that we under-calculated the footprint of a consumer purchase, we buy extra neutralization at our expense.
Cooler doesn’t offset: We neutralize the emissions associated with shopping by buying permits away from existing polluters. So not only do we directly stop emissions today, our fees are reinvested in clean energy and other climate-friendly projects that, in addition to fighting global warming, have generated tens of thousands of jobs, saved consumers billions of dollars, and improved the health of disadvantaged communities near the power plants we are helping to shut down.
How Can You Measure Your Impact?
- Cooler provides you with a real-time dashboard with links to the pollution certificates we have removed from the market.
Free to install
Cooler charges a fee to buy CO2e and neutralize the product purchase, and a processing fee. See pricing page examples.