WE WON AN AWARD! We’re the proud recipients of Shopify’s Commerce Awards for best app using Polaris!
What problem does Give & Grow solve?
94% of consumers want to shop from companies that give back. Most business owners, though, don’t have the time to keep track of the backend accounting for their philanthropy. Pledgeling solves all of these problems with a seamless, end-to-end platform that helps you choose your cause or nonprofit, quantifies the impact, and handles the donation disbursement and all of the backend accounting.
3 Easy Steps to Get Started Today:
1. Choose your cause or nonprofit
Choose up to 12 nonprofit organizations or choose to donate to one of our funds.
2. Choose your donation amount
Donate a specific dollar amount or percentage of sales, ask your customers to add a donation at checkout, or both!
3. Display your Impact
Embed our customizable impact calculator on your site to show your real-time impact.
Examples of Stores Using Give & Grow:
▪ The Elephant Pants - $1 donated to save elephants per order, impact calculator embedded onto homepage
▪ The Giving Keys - Every piece is made by a person transitioning out of homelessness, impact calculator embedded onto homepage
▪ YogaClub - Every box provides a yoga class for a child in need, impact calculator embedded onto homepage
▪ Motev -
Every ride plants a tree, impact calculator embedded onto homepage
▪ SWAK Designs - 1% of every purchase is donated to Dress For Success, impact calculator embedded onto every product page
▪ The Discriminant - $1 from every order donated to help LGBTQIA youth + collecting additional donations for the cause, impact calculator embedded onto Cause page
▪ Marqui Menswear - $1 donated to testicular cancer, donation at checkout included
▪ Sweet Bottoms Baby - 1% of orders donated to Blessings in a Backpack, donation at checkout included
▪ Ay Chihuahua - $1 per order donated to the customer’s charity of choice, choice made at checkout
▪ Bug and Bees- 10% per order donated to the customer’s charity of choice, choice made at checkout
▪ Pretty Fly Small Fry - 5% per order donated to the customer’s charity of choice, choice made at checkout
Analytics, reporting, & tax receipts
This app gives you a detailed report of each donation, a summary of each time period, and easily downloadable tax receipts for the shop owner to use for tax purposes.
Please note: You will see real-time donation reporting in the app. At the end of each month, the credit card on file will be charged for the sum of that month’s donations, which will be processed by our 501c3 foundation and distributed to the nonprofits. Donations are sent directly from Pledgeling to the nonprofits to remove the backend responsibility of merchants. This makes it easy for any shop to start giving to the cause of their choice.
How do I get started?
To get started, install the app into your Shopify account. From there, you will be directed to set up your impact calculator - including choosing your cause, your donation amount, color for the calculator, and icon to be displayed. You will receive the embed code to place anywhere on your site that you want. You are then ready to start changing the world!
Who is Pledgeling?
Pledgeling powers social impact for brands of all sizes to the causes and charities that they care the most about. We’re on a mission to make the world a better place through giving back, and we built Give & Grow to enable your store to help change the world by easily allowing every purchase to make a donation to a cause, or charity of your choice, and displaying the real-time “impact” on your site for all to see. We've raised over $10M for over 10,000 nonprofits... and counting!
UPDATE FEBRUARY 2018: Now you can match your customer's donations! Embed the ability for customers to add a donation at checkout and you can choose to match it. Install now and start giving!
UPDATE JANUARY 2018: You can now support multiple charities at once (up to 12 at one time) and give your customers the choice of where they want the donation from their purchase to go.
UPDATE DECEMBER 2017: Now you can customize and differentiate the donation amount per product, and also add the ability to add a donation at checkout.
UPDATE NOVEMBER 2017: We added the ability for you to choose a specific nonprofit to support, so now you have the option between supporting a cause (i.e. literacy) or a nonprofit (i.e. First Book).