Reviews (37)

September 25, 2023

Wish I could give it a zero! Took nearly a year to get approved. Each time I applied, I was denied. I received emails with a reason...photos not the right size. I fixed it and applied again. Turned down again and with no reason. Went on chat and they couldn't tell me why. Was told to apply again. Denied. This went on and on. Finally I checked my app status and out of the blue I was approved. I have sold one item. I sell on Shopify and Faire with no problem. Handshake is a joke!

It's A Wanderful Life Official Brand Store
Over 2 years using the app
July 27, 2023

Yup- 2nd time applying and being turned down in 45 seconds. There is no way you looked at my website. I do not resell anything. Everything on my website can be personalized or customized. Your also the only wholesale platform that has turned me down. Others have sent me emails asking me to join. It took me longer to fill out your form than you gave me the courtesy of a look.

Chicky Chicky Bling Bling, LLC
9 months using the app
August 22, 2023

Same experience as all other reviewers. You'll get declined in 2 minutes even though you qualify on all factors. Don't bother.

BlauKe
Almost 2 years using the app
September 19, 2023

Immediate rejection....yes, looks like Shopify has some things to work on with this one!

Wild June Co.
About 1 month using the app
August 17, 2023

I agree with all the other reviewers. My "thoroughly reviewed" app was denied in about 2 minutes. What is the point???

Beauty By Francesca
About 2 hours using the app
March 24, 2023

Auto rejected with zero reasons, which seems to be the norm. I was looking forward to this app! Having a reason for rejection would be a nice feature.

Treat Beauty
About 2 years using the app
Shopify replied March 29, 2023

Hi Treat Beauty,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on our app. My name is William with the Shopify support team and I'll take a look at your application and message you to discuss the account specific details regarding your request. Please look out for my upcoming email.
William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

October 9, 2022

I applied but wasn't approved with no reason given. Tried multiple times. My products fit the criteria.

Scherber
About 2 years using the app
Shopify replied October 13, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I'm sending you an email to open the lines of communication and offer further support.

Vance | Shopify

Edited March 1, 2022

They kept sending me the emails to show some low quality backyard joking work. Come on, show me so value to buy, not personal decor stuffs. This is a business and not your habit workshop. With 30+ year experience in fashion business, I can surely believe that the people behind this Handshake has no sense of business, nor fashion. just a group of jokers.

Brangio Italy Handbag Wholesale Company
Almost 2 years using the app
Shopify replied March 3, 2022

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Handshake is still growing, and we hope to keep adding more categories of products and open to new locations around the world. Feel free to share what you'd like for Handshake to have as a feature and share with our team. -Rio

February 24, 2022

Our business sells at in person trade shows, and other more esteemed wholesale marketplaces such as Abound, Faire, Trada, etc. We are in over a 100 stores/boutiques across the country. Our products are handmade in the USA. We have a history of sales of course. Should I say more? It's frustrating, because we had felt that this marketplace had potential and because we had clearly met all their criteria but the truth of the matter is that we will have to move on because there's much more opportunity other places. Considering the sellers we did see on this marketplace, I would advise all buyers and prospective sellers to steer clear and go other places. Shopify is trying to get into this and they clearly can't. Their team is not qualified to distinguish between good and bad candidates. I will continue to speak out against this marketplace to many others I know in the same business and also on the ads that I see propagate in many different venues.

OrnamentallyYou
Over 1 year using the app
Shopify replied March 3, 2022

Hey, there! I've reached out via your other review. I'm sorry about your experience, I just wanted to share from the previous post as well. Handshake is still growing and we realize we may not have had some of the features you want, or be offered for your specific products currently but we hope to expand and add more features as we're growing.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or want to share your expeirence.

-Rio

February 1, 2023

I have met all the requirements and have been a customer for years and got denied both times I applied and no explanation as to why. They sell lots of apparel on handshake similar so whatever. For all those looking for wholesale, apply to faires wholesale they do a great job and we do a lot of business through them. I love shopify, but very disappointed with their customer service and their wholesale platform.

Ales to Trails
Over 1 year using the app
Shopify replied February 2, 2023

Hi Ales to Trails,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. My name is Ashley with Shopify and I'll take a look at your account to determine if there are next steps we can take here. Please look for my upcoming email so I can discuss the specific details with you privately.

Ashley | Marketplaces Support Specialist