Handshake for Suppliers

Sell wholesale and reach new buyers on Handshake

Price: Free

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Wild Cherry Spoon Co.

It's pretty evident by all of the reviews that Handshake, if it wants to be successful, needs to review its seller requirements. For instance, we don't do a lot of turnover on our Shopify store because we're primarily a wholesale company who makes sales on 3rd party platforms to other retailers. For instance, we supply over 1,200 independent mom and pop shops, as well as larger companies, on wholesale platforms like Faire, etc. and we've been on Faire since they started practically. If Shopify/Handshake actually wants to make good on their investment they really need to review that. Most of the retailers we speak to don't consider Handshake as a legitimate sourcing option because of this and the brands currently on there don't really offer the broad spectrum that they could.

Elizabetta

We have an independent brand, producing our our unique products, and respect all of Handshake's requirements. Yet 3 weeks after applying, we got a reply that we were denied with NO REASON given. If you deny a supplier, you need to at least say WHY!!!

Tutu Joli™

i've been on handskare from day one, and not a single sale. terrible wholesale page, not worth the time and effort that i've put in

Brangio Italy Handbag Wholesale Company

They kept sending me the emails to show some low quality backyard joking work. Come on, show me so value to buy, not personal decor stuffs. This is a business and not your habit workshop. With 30+ year experience in fashion business, I can surely believe that the people behind this Handshake has no sense of business, nor fashion. just a group of jokers.

March 3, 2022

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Handshake is still growing, and we hope to keep adding more categories of products and open to new locations around the world. Feel free to share what you'd like for Handshake to have as a feature and share with our team. -Rio

OrnamentallyYou

Our business sells at in person trade shows, and other more esteemed wholesale marketplaces such as Abound, Faire, Trada, etc. We are in over a 100 stores/boutiques across the country. Our products are handmade in the USA. We have a history of sales of course. Should I say more? It's frustrating, because we had felt that this marketplace had potential and because we had clearly met all their criteria but the truth of the matter is that we will have to move on because there's much more opportunity other places. Considering the sellers we did see on this marketplace, I would advise all buyers and prospective sellers to steer clear and go other places. Shopify is trying to get into this and they clearly can't. Their team is not qualified to distinguish between good and bad candidates. I will continue to speak out against this marketplace to many others I know in the same business and also on the ads that I see propagate in many different venues.

March 3, 2022

Hey, there! I've reached out via your other review. I'm sorry about your experience, I just wanted to share from the previous post as well. Handshake is still growing and we realize we may not have had some of the features you want, or be offered for your specific products currently but we hope to expand and add more features as we're growing.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or want to share your expeirence.

-Rio

2Fanz

got denied to use handshake with no reason to explain why.. No I have to sell bulk in a very difficult way

November 16, 2021

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! You may not have met the requirements for using Handshake. You can check if you meet them here (https://bit.ly/3CnSOUv). There's also a link there that explains how you can reapply once you meet the requiremenets! If you have any questions about specifics please reach out to us at help@handshake.com. -Rio

DLM Designs

I applied to sell on Handshake and was denied. However no reason was given but there are products similar to what I sell on their and yet I am denied for no reason. The communication is poor and I honestly love Shopify and thought this would be a great opportunity however I was very wrong. I wish there was reasoning provided to the denial.

November 16, 2021

Hey there. thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If your shop was rejected you can review the requirements here (https://bit.ly/3CnSOUv). That section also shows you how you can apply for another review after meeting the requirements! If you have any more issues you can also email us at help@handshake.com. -Rio

FlexiPaw | Green Lipped Mussel for Dogs & Cats

Shopify recommended Handshake on the home page. I installed the app and turns out it doesn't work outside of USA and now I cant uninstall. Everytime I click on Handshake under sales channel I get "Handshake is unavailable outside of US" and it doesn't show up under apps either. I don't see any option to uninstall.

November 16, 2021

Hey there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Right now Handshake is only available in the US but we're always looking to expand. If you go to manage your sales channels it should show you Handshake as a Sales Channel. Simply remove it from there and it will uninstall the app for you. If you're still having any trouble just reach out to Shopify support and they can help you navigate that. -Rio

Sock Panda

Terrible communication and customer response. I don't like leaving negative reviews, but a service like this should be able (at the very least) communicate with prospective merchants.

October 13, 2021

Hey there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our support team responds as fast as we can but sometimes it can take a few days. Did you reach out to us at help@handshake.com? Could you send us another follow-up to that email and we'll make sure to assist in a timely manner. 🙂 -Rio