Handshake for Suppliers

Sell wholesale and reach new buyers on Handshake

Price: Free

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Handshake Marketplace Suppliers page

Daydreamer Designs & Boutique

We sell via Shopify, Faire, Abound, Hubventory, Tundra, Trada, FashionGo, and Dallas Market. But for some reason Handshake said we are "not a match." I was pretty shocked and confused to read that. It would be helpful if they provided a little more of an explanation.

November 30, 2022

Hey there,

Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Handshake with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear that your shop was not eligible for using the app at this time. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and help you understand what happened.

Jason | Shopify

National Park Obsessed

Don't waste your time applying. The "goal is to feature only handpicked suppliers and prevent saturation in certain product categories." Given the exclusive nature of the platform, I have to wonder how many wholesale buyers are using the platform given the limited choices.

November 4, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here with Shopify! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with the app. I've sent you an email to offer further support.

Vance | Shopify Support

Delilah Home

Horrible is right. I got rejected within minutes of applying. My products meet all the terms. Disappointed.

October 20, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use the Handshake app on your store and leave a review. I'm sorry to hear that your shop was not eligible for using the app at this time. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and help you understand why this has happened, and what you can do moving forward.

Scherber

Time spent using app About 1 year

I applied but wasn't approved with no reason given. Tried multiple times. My products fit the criteria.

October 13, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I'm sending you an email to open the lines of communication and offer further support.

Vance | Shopify

Kins & Kay

Just applied again for like the 5th time. Got a response that I was denied within 2 minutes, not even exaggerating TWO minutes. So apparently I’m being auto denied now. It really makes no sense because I perfectly fit all the criteria. Based on all these reviews it doesn’t look I’m alone though. Not sure what kind of wholesale platform this is ‘supposed’ to be if they deny almost every wholesaler, but I’m starting to question if it’s even legit!

October 13, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here with Shopify! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with the app. I've sent you an email to offer further support and help resolve this.

Vance | Shopify Support

Bees and Botanicals

Time spent using app About 2 months

Bees and Botanicals, LLC:
I applied to Handshake and was denied with no explanation. I don't know what to fix if I don't know what is wrong. Please advise

October 5, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install the Handshake app on your store and leave a review. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication to help provide more context as to why the app may not be a good fit for your shop at this time.

My Crown My Glory, LLC

I signed up and was denied. Wasn't given a reason as to why. Is it possible if someone can get back to me and explain why I was not eligible to use this app. Thanks.

October 1, 2022

Hi there,

Mario here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Handshake app. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication, gather any further feedack, and help where I can.

Mario | Shopify

Mainely Pawz

Time spent using app About 1 hour

Seems that Shopify does a little bait & switch with you. They lure you into building a store/site with them to sell wholesale and then denies you for Handshake...

September 1, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use Handshake on your store and leave a review. I am sorry to hear that your account was not approved for using the app. There are some requirements that must be met to qualify, so I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see how we can provide more support for you on this.

Wild Cherry Spoon Co.

It's pretty evident by all of the reviews that Handshake, if it wants to be successful, needs to review its seller requirements. For instance, we don't do a lot of turnover on our Shopify store because we're primarily a wholesale company who makes sales on 3rd party platforms to other retailers. For instance, we supply over 1,200 independent mom and pop shops, as well as larger companies, on wholesale platforms like Faire, etc. and we've been on Faire since they started practically. If Shopify/Handshake actually wants to make good on their investment they really need to review that. Most of the retailers we speak to don't consider Handshake as a legitimate sourcing option because of this and the brands currently on there don't really offer the broad spectrum that they could.

August 2, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Handshake app. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication, gather any further feedack, and help where I can.

Nate | Shopify

Elizabetta

We have an independent brand, producing our our unique products, and respect all of Handshake's requirements. Yet 3 weeks after applying, we got a reply that we were denied with NO REASON given. If you deny a supplier, you need to at least say WHY!!!

September 1, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Handshake app. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need; I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify