Handshake for Suppliers

Rating (1)
Developer
Edited October 4, 2022

Bees and Botanicals, LLC:
I applied to Handshake and was denied with no explanation. I don't know what to fix if I don't know what is wrong. Please advise

Bees and Botanicals
Shopify replied October 5, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install the Handshake app on your store and leave a review. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication to help provide more context as to why the app may not be a good fit for your shop at this time.

Charlotte | Shopify

September 28, 2022

I signed up and was denied. Wasn't given a reason as to why. Is it possible if someone can get back to me and explain why I was not eligible to use this app. Thanks.

My Crown My Glory, LLC
Time spent using app: 16 days
Shopify replied October 1, 2022

Hi there,

Mario here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Handshake app. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication, gather any further feedack, and help where I can.

Mario | Shopify

July 28, 2022

Seems that Shopify does a little bait & switch with you. They lure you into building a store/site with them to sell wholesale and then denies you for Handshake...

Mainely Pawz
Time spent using app: About 1 hour
Shopify replied September 1, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use Handshake on your store and leave a review. I am sorry to hear that your account was not approved for using the app. There are some requirements that must be met to qualify, so I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see how we can provide more support for you on this.

Charlotte | Shopify

May 30, 2022

It's pretty evident by all of the reviews that Handshake, if it wants to be successful, needs to review its seller requirements. For instance, we don't do a lot of turnover on our Shopify store because we're primarily a wholesale company who makes sales on 3rd party platforms to other retailers. For instance, we supply over 1,200 independent mom and pop shops, as well as larger companies, on wholesale platforms like Faire, etc. and we've been on Faire since they started practically. If Shopify/Handshake actually wants to make good on their investment they really need to review that. Most of the retailers we speak to don't consider Handshake as a legitimate sourcing option because of this and the brands currently on there don't really offer the broad spectrum that they could.

Wild Cherry Spoon Co.
Time spent using app: 8 months
Shopify replied August 2, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Handshake app. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication, gather any further feedack, and help where I can.

Nate | Shopify

March 26, 2022

We have an independent brand, producing our our unique products, and respect all of Handshake's requirements. Yet 3 weeks after applying, we got a reply that we were denied with NO REASON given. If you deny a supplier, you need to at least say WHY!!!

Elizabetta
Time spent using app: 19 days
Shopify replied September 1, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Handshake app. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need; I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify

March 21, 2022

i've been on handskare from day one, and not a single sale. terrible wholesale page, not worth the time and effort that i've put in

Tutu Joli™
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Shopify replied August 1, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Handshake app. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with Handshake, I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify

Edited March 1, 2022

They kept sending me the emails to show some low quality backyard joking work. Come on, show me so value to buy, not personal decor stuffs. This is a business and not your habit workshop. With 30+ year experience in fashion business, I can surely believe that the people behind this Handshake has no sense of business, nor fashion. just a group of jokers.

Brangio Italy Handbag Wholesale Company
Shopify replied March 3, 2022

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Handshake is still growing, and we hope to keep adding more categories of products and open to new locations around the world. Feel free to share what you'd like for Handshake to have as a feature and share with our team. -Rio

February 24, 2022

Our business sells at in person trade shows, and other more esteemed wholesale marketplaces such as Abound, Faire, Trada, etc. We are in over a 100 stores/boutiques across the country. Our products are handmade in the USA. We have a history of sales of course. Should I say more? It's frustrating, because we had felt that this marketplace had potential and because we had clearly met all their criteria but the truth of the matter is that we will have to move on because there's much more opportunity other places. Considering the sellers we did see on this marketplace, I would advise all buyers and prospective sellers to steer clear and go other places. Shopify is trying to get into this and they clearly can't. Their team is not qualified to distinguish between good and bad candidates. I will continue to speak out against this marketplace to many others I know in the same business and also on the ads that I see propagate in many different venues.

OrnamentallyYou
Time spent using app: 12 days
Shopify replied March 3, 2022

Hey, there! I've reached out via your other review. I'm sorry about your experience, I just wanted to share from the previous post as well. Handshake is still growing and we realize we may not have had some of the features you want, or be offered for your specific products currently but we hope to expand and add more features as we're growing.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or want to share your expeirence.

-Rio

November 15, 2021

got denied to use handshake with no reason to explain why.. No I have to sell bulk in a very difficult way

2Fanz
Time spent using app: 10 months
Shopify replied November 16, 2021

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! You may not have met the requirements for using Handshake. You can check if you meet them here (https://bit.ly/3CnSOUv). There's also a link there that explains how you can reapply once you meet the requiremenets! If you have any questions about specifics please reach out to us at help@handshake.com. -Rio

October 22, 2021

I applied to sell on Handshake and was denied. However no reason was given but there are products similar to what I sell on their and yet I am denied for no reason. The communication is poor and I honestly love Shopify and thought this would be a great opportunity however I was very wrong. I wish there was reasoning provided to the denial.

DLM Designs
Shopify replied November 16, 2021

Hey there. thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If your shop was rejected you can review the requirements here (https://bit.ly/3CnSOUv). That section also shows you how you can apply for another review after meeting the requirements! If you have any more issues you can also email us at help@handshake.com. -Rio