Hide Collection ‑ Secret store

Hide Collection ‑ Secret store

by Impress

Collections accessible by secret URL only. No Passwords!

Fox and Leo

I am giving this one star but if I could I would give it a zero star. The customer service was appalling. I sent a few messages asking for assistance and not one person responded to my query. It didn't give me any confidence to use this app so I worked out another way to achieve what I wanted to achieve without using them. I would highly NOT recommend using this app.

Ma Culotte Menstruelle

Attention très compliquée à désinstaller, je n'avais plus l'affichage de mes articles et obligée de faire modifier le code du site car leur système de désinstallation ne fonctionnait pas.

Orrsum Spirits

Hidden collection link works well when embedding on a mailout, but customers often get hidden error message when copy paste link for some reason? Also the items in the hidden collection are still searchable in store, so thats a bit useless, wish was a way to hide the items from store search.

February 24, 2021

Hi there! Any chance you could email us with a screenshot of the error message? We haven't had any reports of this and would like to look into it.

Re: search, we include hidden products in search results once you've accessed the private collection (its like you unlock secret products on the store, then they appear like normal).

Could you double check that you're not logged into a secret collection by using a new "incognito" browser window to search your store? And as always please reach out if we can help with an issue! And just so you have it handy, our support address is support@impress.store

Thanks!

The Content Planner

Absolutely loved this app! Thank you for the free trial. Will definitely be using for my pre-orders every single year. Highly recommend for anyone with secret sales or private pre-orders. Having one dedicated collection link made it so easy to direct my customers to my private pre-sale.

ThingsForFood

Great App! Does exactly what we need it for!
We searched for an export URL-Links which wasnt there. They just programmed it on a sunday - amazing!

ProSource Supply Canada

Install with caution. This app was a huge headache to uninstall. Broke my theme, injects lots of code, no backups done by install. Developer's website has no support contact info. Poor experience overall.

Luxury Playstyle

*Edit*: This review was while the app had just launched and I've moved it to 5 stars. It works great! The team reached out to me and got it working for my premium theme and I'm quite pleased with their engagement, understanding, and enthusiasm. Very very pleased with this and I'm impressed with how this simple idea works so well. Definitely recommend this if you want a super-easy mechanism to offer secret collections to your VIPs.

Even when I had trouble initially, the app was very gentle to my theme and didn't mess up anything on install/uninstall. But now everything is working great!

My original review for reference:
Really wanted this to work, but did nothing with my theme at all. Doesn't look like it even tried to install. Didn't show me anything but manual collections to hide and then didn't hide anything, etc.

I imagine if you have an easy/simple theme then it would work okay to do its thing, but though it could generate links that took you to the collection, it didn't do anything to hide the product/collection from search/etc without its theme changes.

2 stars because it didn't destroy my store on uninstall -- but otherwise I would have done 1 star because it literally didn't do what it said it would.

Only leaving a review because it had none, otherwise I would just assume it's not intended.