Spend your time solving the real problems. You write task scripts in Liquid; we'll handle the merchant UI, the scaling, and the uptime.
Speed up your workflow. Draw from our library of 250+ ready-made tasks, and let your Shopify store start working the way you do.
The goal is never just another app. The goal is to work well, together. Mechanic is here for that. Less complexity and cost, better results.
Mechanic is a development platform, for better problem-solving.
Each business is unique. Apps can fill in the gaps, when Shopify itself falls short.
Mechanic is here for all those situations where an app doesn't exist, when developing an app would be too expensive, or (honestly) when you'd like to replace many of your existing apps with just one.
You're a developer?
Us too. :) We made Mechanic because too many merchant problems required spinning up an entire app. And scaling it. And monitoring it. And keeping the code healthy.
So, we made a platform. Mechanic abstracts away everything that isn't the problem itself.
Now, any developer can (a) write some serverless code in Liquid, (b) allow merchants to configure it, using a UI that we automatically generate from your code, and (c) trust us to keep it running.
Everything gets better. It's also just more fun this way.
- Rich documentation, hundreds of open-source tasks (everything in our library), and a YouTube channel of task development videos
- All of standard Liquid, with extensions for building complex objects, and a bunch of useful filters
- Receiving email, sending transactional email
- Reading from and writing to the Shopify API, via both REST and GraphQL
- Webhooks, for receiving data and triggering tasks; proper CORS support allows calling these from online storefronts
- Sending requests to external HTTP APIs
- Uploading files to external FTP/SFTP servers
- Caching data locally, within Mechanic, to be used during future task runs
- Generating PDFs from HTML
- Generating ZIP archives of PDF or text (e.g. CSV) files, to be uploaded or emailed
You're a merchant?
Excellent. :) Our public library contains more than 200 tasks that you can plug into your store immediately. Feel free to experiment – your flat monthly subscription includes unlimited tasks, which you may run an unlimited number of times.
When you need something new, ask the nearest developer. Because our tasks use Liquid, folks with any level of Shopify experience can get started quickly.
You can get started immediately with these tasks, and hundreds more, from our task library:
- Cancel and close unpaid orders after x hours/days
- Email customers when tagged
- Ask for reviews a week after order fulfillment
- Send a customer signup email
- Auto-tag customers when they purchase a matching product
- Hide out-of-stock products
- Auto-tag new customers
- Email customer when their order is paid
- Auto-invite customers after an order
- Auto-tag orders by product collections
- Auto-fulfill items that don't require shipping
Much has been done; there is much to do.
Find out more inside the app, or by clicking "Developer website" or "FAQs" on the right. Email us with questions. We're here for you. :)
Pricing 15-day free trial
Pay what feels good — see lightward.com/pricing. This is our suggested price for merchants using the Basic Shopify ($29/mo) plan.
Pay what feels good — see lightward.com/pricing. This is our suggested price for merchants using the Shopify ($79/mo) plan.
Pay what feels good — see lightward.com/pricing. This is our suggested price for merchants using the Advanced Shopify ($299/mo) plan.
Pay what feels good — see lightward.com/pricing. This is our suggested price for merchants using Shopify Plus.
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Callisto Media Kids
Hyper-flexible, hundreds of tasks, great documentation, and an extremely helpful, understanding, and responsive support team. All around a great purchase.
As a solutions developer and Shopify Expert, we use this app often on client stores to manage just about every automation you could think of. This app is an absolute dream, priced properly, and very well supported and documented. The community behind it is amazing, and you really cannot go wrong.
wow. I have no idea why this functionality isn't included in Shopify by default. But this app does exactly what it says it does, which is amazing!
Isaac (the dev) is the kind of person we need more of - you can sense the empathy and understanding in all of the communication. You know how you've see help files and you can tell they're written from a place of frustration (the writer doesn't seem to care about the reader). You can tell Isaac genuinely wants this app to solve your problem, and will write stuff in such a way to make that as likely as possible to happen (and it works).
You can probably replace a ton of apps with this, and make them work exactly how you want them to. And feel good about paying for it.