Mechanic

Mechanic

by Lightward

Workflow Automation & Custom Development Platform.

The Cultivate Shop

Truly amazing app! To have access to Shopify's API without having to host an app ourselves is truly a gamechanger!

Aurora Plasma Design

It's rare that I feel passionate about a Shopify App, let alone any app at all. Mechanic however—I'm in love ❤️. Shopify has incredible API support, but it can be challenging to make use of the APIs to their fullest, even for a seasoned developer. Even if you have the skills, you still need to build your own application to make use of the APIs, worry about choosing a build environment, hosting, deployment, maintenance, downtime, and all the other stuff that comes with a custom solution. Alternatively, you can use an automator/integrator like Zapier, but then you're limited to the functionality that the automator platform chooses to expose. ¶ Mechanic removes all that, and give you access to the full power of Shopify's API's, all using the familiar language of liquid that so many of us developers work with day in and day out. It used to be that if I needed a small custom solution for one of our shops, I would spend days trying to remember how to set up a Ruby environment, get it hosted on Heroku, get webhooks working, and then have a barely working application that did just that one thing and nothing else. ¶ Since using Mechanic for the past half-year, I honestly don't think I'll ever build a custom Shopify application again. Mechanic has empowered to me to create all kinds of solutions for our business that I never even considered attempting in the past—the barrier to entry was just too high. With Mechanic, I can just write a task to do whatever I want, and best of all, *have fun doing it.*

Allike Store Raffles

When I first came across this app I did not realize it’s full potential. It has helped us to create very powerful tasks which otherwise would have been either very expensive to develop or would have required multiple other apps. Mechanic combines it all and does so with an extremely easy and adaptive interface. But the best part is the community. It is super easy to find great help and post jobs if you’re stuck on a task. Mechanic must be the best app on this App Store.

InaGospodina.ro

There are around 300 automations that are amazing. We're using mostly quality-of-life tasks for our store, but this app can be such a huge time saver. Oh and their support is amazing (and fast). This is really one of the best apps you could find on the store and I wish more people knew about it so we can support this amazing development team!

Prime Keyboards

Great app with tons of useful utility to lessen the tedium of running an online store. Response to customer support is timely and helpful. Great all around.

Bont Skates Online Shop

Finally, an App that actually works. After trying many solutions and discovering they fail silently, only do 50% of the job, or just won't work, Mechanic was a breath of fresh air. I'm so glad to have found Mechanic. The team has the right attitude, response, and a product that actually works, unlike half the other stuff out there.

Make Nice Company

Very powerful app that allows you to modify the functions of Shopify. I'm able to automate so many things with just this 1 app that does almost everything.

Dippy Cow Nails

I mainly installed this app to help manage my orders for my handmade items. I am limited to how many I can take per day, but with a large inventory it’s impossible to be manually monitoring and deactivating (plus this leads to enquiries ‘wHy CaN’t I oRdEr’, because FAQs are obviously just there for fun!).
Plus it’s impossible to monitor when you are sleeping I use the task which limits daily orders and had a number of back and forths with Isaac to get this set up. He was extremely patient and thorough with me, and I now have a store that is perfectly self managed! Can’t recommend enough!

Piruetas Hobbies & Toys

This is by far the best app on the shopify app store. Literally never looking back after this. Think about it as a magical automator that can do pretty much everything Shopify can't out of the box. No need to learn code, but it is entirely possible to learn by doing. So many tasks already written, it's easy to pick up stuff that works an apply it to your use case. 11/10

The Holiday Gift Shop

TLDR; 1) If you're a developer, you owe it to yourself to learn and use this app. 2) Read the Manual! It will save you a lot of time and frustration. Long version: Are you a developer? Then why aren't you using this app yet?! Seriously, this app will change the way you build your shopify stores. The amount of power this app offers you is simply unparalleled. We use Integromat (similar to Zapier) to automate a lot of backend stuff for us, and Mechanic has been slowly replacing those workflows with cleaner, more native-feeling solutions. It's also given us the ability to do a lot of things we couldn't even do before. Mechanic has a bit of a learning curve, but the way it's built around the liquid code that every shopify developer knows helps you to feel right at home after a couple days. One tip though...RTFM!!! I know we all like to just dive in and figure things out on our own, but trust me, you will waste a lot of time by not orienting yourself with the basic concepts of how Mechanic works. An understanding of Actions, Events, Webhooks, Tasks, and Runs is ESSENTIAL. You'll also want to read over the Mechanic Liquid documentation, as they've added a number of extensions to the language that help with things like handling arrays and hashes. Lastly, support is awesome, and there's a friendly little Slack community where you can get help and help others out. PS- Lightward's pay-what-you-think-is-fair pricing structure is amazing, especially for a developer-oriented, usage-based app like this. In our case, we thought we were getting far more value from the app than their suggested subscription plan, so we opted to pay more than they asked. In other cases though, I could see us paying less if we weren't making very heavy use of the app on one of our stores. I wish this was more common, as we've come across some great apps in the past where we just couldn't justify the subscription cost, since we were being charged for a bunch of features that we weren't using.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8