Mechanic

Mechanic

by Lightward

A development platform. Make everything better.

Bijuz

one more time, superb app, this guy sreally rock! super attention, and is superb the tasks they have, it seems they "read" our mind!

Alans BMX

An absolutely stunning app. Already consolidated 4 apps down into just this one and with extra functionality on top! Great cost saver. I was originally looking for a way to email a customer automatically when an order is automatically tagged as SpecialOrder. This app did that and more including emailing customers who placed orders on eBay to tell them about our main website, pushing out of stock products to bottom of collections, automatically tagging instock/out of stock/sale and not sale items, emailing us when a customer places 2 or more separate orders so we can combine and save shipping, adding eBay usernames to tag so can be searched in orders tab, automatically emailing customer for pre-orders and more!

I highly recommend scrolling through all 250+ tasks already in this app on the main website, I was literally smiling as I found more and more useful tasks and realising I can remove some paid apps (That cost even more than this one!).

This app is perfect for even those with limited coding/liquid experience, every task has a simple config area and you can always click to show the full code that is being done if you need to tweak small bits to suit your business.

The support is great as well, quick replies and additions or updates to current tasks means checking back you may find a new or updated task that suits your use or improve one your already using.

Seriously cannot recommend this App enough, cant believe I didn't find it sooner.

Colour Paradise Greenhouses

There are a couple of apps I, as a developer, recommend for every Shopify store. OrderlyEmails is one of them. And now, Mechanic is another one of them.

Mechanic exists to automate your chores and improve workflows. Do you need a nightly report of products that went out of stock? Or maybe you want an immediate notification when a staff (or you!) created a free product on your website? Maybe you want to know if products are missing images. Or for us, how we wanted to know the tally of orders marked with a specific date and 'Pickup Order' so we could judge how many orders are for pickup everyday. Or another favourite -- how much of each product do I need to fulfill all my pending orders?

The possibilities are limitless with Mechanic, and the best part is -- all of the above which would've been separate apps, come under one beautiful app which does exactly what you want to do without fiddling with anything.

This app is wonderful on its own with its several hundred built-in tasks. The app is on steroids if you have a developer who will write custom tasks for you. I cannot wait to see where this app goes.

- Dev helping a friend who is thankful for having discovered this app

Jazz Night School

This is exactly what people like me (a non-coder) need - a way to control costs by doing as much work by themselves. The functionality of this app is almost unbelievable. Being able to create tasks that run automatically or can be triggered manually will be an incredible time saver AND improve overall data integrity within the system-- our reports and communications will be far more consistent and targeted. General maintenance of the site will be cut by 75%. The customer service is amazing - they are responsive not only about the question at hand, but truly want to understand your needs so they can offer ideas to help you. They even direct you to various support networks they've set up. I've learned so much just by creating a few tasks. The variable cost option is a testament to this app's desire to serve the Shopify small businesses and non-profit communities. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" comes to mind...thank you for a great app!

La Boutique MOSO

Best app I use for my store: if you are not a developper, you can use one of the numerous pre-made tasks. Many of them are incredibly useful and fulfill tasks for which you would usually need to pay for a dedicated app => you can save money and stop buying apps for every single feature you need.
I you are a developper, you can do stuff that are so advanced, you can pretty much do almost everything you need.
And also the support is incredible. I have asked for help numerous times because I am a clumsy developper, and I was always assisted with detailed instructions way beyond what you could ask for a support team.

TuaPrata

this app is amazing... so usefull!!!! you dont have ideia!!! super programmers very good job here! keep rocking! take my money!

REFInstitute

This apps' developers know what shop owners need. You can find many function of it and save your time very well.

Joon+Co.

I love this developer-friendly powerful app. It does exactly what it says, and automates things based on specific logical conditions. I'm using this for managing customer tags, auto-fulfilling certain orders, handling the membership approval and removal of my site, and it hasn't let me down yet. In fact, looking at the catalogue of possible automations is quite the fun rabbit hole to get distracted playing with. The flexibility and reliability are exactly what I was hoping for. The customer support is AMAZING. I am seriously impressed with the developer's commitment to support their software in a personable, humble, and reliable way. I can't say enough great things about this app and the developer. I'm using locksmith (also from this developer), mechanic, and a membership payment processing app (from a different developer), so if this developer were to make one of the latter, I'd switch over in a heartbeat.

Investable Oceans

This is an extremely well designed app that gives you tremendous functionality. Some of the extensions they have added to Liquid to help you write tasks are so valuable - hash, array, cache, parse_jason - I wish they would be added to core Shopify Liquid! The documentation is extensive and Isaac is extremely responsive. Tasks that I expected I would have to automate outside Shopify using serverless AWS are now all implemented inside Mechanic - making my life much easier.

Leesi B.

Hands down the #1 most useful app I have ever installed. If you're a developer I guarantee you're especially going to love this app because you can literally write your own automated tasks to do whatever you want to do - in liquid-style code - how cool! No need to install 30 different apps to perform a bunch of automated tasks - you can write your own tasks or use many of the ones the Mechanic team provides! Worth every penny. There is no other app of its kind on the app store that I've seen. There's a lot of functionality in this app - I highly recommend spending time playing around with the tasks included with Mechanic and using them as templates to create your own tasks. Documentation is great and the support we've gotten from Isaac's is absolutely amazing. 1000x thank you for creating this app!