Referral Candy

Referral Candy

by ReferralCandy

Automate referrals and affiliate marketing with word-of-mouth

Heylow

This is a predatory and unethical app. Referral Candy makes it virtually impossible to delete or downgrade the app. This should not be in the Shopify app store until Referral Candy changes their behavior.

April 23, 2021

Hey Patrick, your account manager Derek tried to reach out to you several times, but did not hear back.

It looks like you tried to downgrade ReferralCandy, but this is not possible as we only have one pricing option.

We're sorry to see you delete the app, but we hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thank you -- Jaime R.

Big Sky International

We have been using this app for awhile and there is one major item we believe it is missing... there NO way to "Approve" a referral. We have made a request to add an "Approve" option to other options: Delete, Void, and Ban, but we were told, an "Approve option is currently not in place within the dashboard, but this is something I can raise to our design team" ... without an "Approve" option, even after we review a referral it will continue to show "pending review" since there is no way to "Approve" a referral... this appears to be a major omission to us. If an "Approve" option is added we will revise our rating...

April 23, 2021

Hey Bob, thank you for your review, and for using us for over a year.

We're sorry that this crucial feature is lacking.
We're redesigning the way transactions are handled (suspicious or otherwise), and we're building a Fraud Centre to make it easier for retailers to manage.

We hope you'll give us a chance in the future as well, thank you. --Darren F.

Eden Ashram

Do not waste your time or money with this business. I've run multiple million $ Shopify stores over the last 10 years and I must say I have never come across customer service this bad, ever! It doesn't exist! I've sent multiple messages both direct on their control panel, via website and email. I've even responded to their standard email marketing messages asking for someone to contact me and I've received NOTHING. Not 1 email. Not 1 call. Nothing! Zero! I see other reviews here saying they received 'responsive and quick customer service' but I don't know how this is possible. If this is the case why did they not respond to me? After 30 days of waiting I'm now chucking the towel in. Let me assure you, that when it comes to choosing app developers to work on your Shopify store it is imperative that they offer good quality customer service. Especially with an area linked to referrals as it can involve a fair bit of connectivity across all marketing channels including discount codes/offers etc and if this isn't right from the beginning you are going to have a whole lot of unhappy customers which is NOT what you want from a referral app. If I was you, I'd look elsewhere and grab one of the other many referral apps that provide you with the support and ongoing cutsomer care you need and deserve.
UPDATE:
We have so far had 3 amendments to ReferralCandy's response to my review! The first saying they didn't receive any messages, then that they did and responded but the response must be in my spam and now that they don't know why the responses they didn't send didn't reach me. Well we know it's because you didn't respond. And when today you read my review, for the first time since signing up with your app I got an email from your support straight into my inbox! Strange that! I mean why do messages from you work now but didn't before? Like I said, you just couldn't be bothered to respond or help after I reached out to you for support.
Perhaps if you had made the same effort to make 'several attempts to reach me' when I first contacted you we wouldn't be in this situation and discussing your atrocious customer service on a review platform of your services. This is ridiculous. And your stance on your response where you try and remove yourself from any blame whatsoever is disgraceful. All Shopify owners should take notice. Your messages to me today (after I left a review) were the first I have ever had from you in 30 days since I originally reached out and I find that (and your false lying claims) incompatible with a working relationship. Avoid.

December 11, 2020

Hi Greg, it’s unfortunate that the replies we sent to your 2 messages did not reach you. We work very hard to give our clients a great experience when engaging with our team. Earlier today, we made several attempts to reach you. It looks like you responded once but nothing after that. We’ll be on the look out in case you do send us another message.

miniplum

Not even 1 sale with this referral program, and I have been already charged $49 for nothing. I guess they do not care.

December 3, 2020

Hi Miniplum Team, We tried to get in touch with you guys as soon as our team saw this review. We'll be more than happy to get your referral campaign sorted. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Emer Jones Apparel

Another developer posting lies and false information to get people to install their app.

How this started, I emailed them inquiring about how they help stores with making sales, as in the app description they mention they brought a suppliment company from $0 in sales to $10,000 in sales, in one month.

"We singlehandedly helped a supplement company grow their sales from $0 - $10,000 every month (and that’s just one example!)"
END QUOTE

THIS IS A LIE!

They explained that for their app to work, your store needs to be making sales every day, then Referral Candy works off those customers.
Now this seemed weird considering they claim to have taken a store from $0 in sales to $10,000 just after installing their app.

A BLANTENT LIE!!

They even confirmed this with me by ceasing communication when asked about it how they did it if the store had no sales.

AVOID THIS COMPANY!

NB: this review is from 2018, about a previous version of ReferralCandy

I am terribly sorry for this misunderstanding. I assure you there is no intention to be misleading or untruthful about how strongly we believe our product can help retailers be successful.

The line you quoted in the app description was from a case study we did a while back. In it, the client said that "For virtually no labor, I get so many sales – at least $10k this month.” I do see how it can be read differently.

We have since made the appropriate changes to the case study and listing. Thank you for pointing it out! -- Jaime R.

Supply Provision Co

We are SO tired of Shopify apps that send emails to our customers without warning us or asking for permission. This is yet another one. And for that reason we won't be using it.

Only one day after signing up to try this app, it's already sent 324 welcome emails to our customers, and never notified us once or asked for our permission before doing so. It's flat out unacceptable. Uninstall.

December 22, 2020

NB: this review is from 2017, about a previous version of ReferralCandy

Thank you for the feedback. Sending emails to your customers with no warning or permission obtained is a bad experience. It is unacceptable and I apologize that our app enabled that to happen.

To make sure this doesn't happen again, we have ensured that ReferralCandy provides ample notification before emails are sent out when the account is activated. - Jaime R.

D&M Collectibles

"Per Use" pricing is a not correct. If you look at their pricing, they charge a minimum monthly fee ($15, $45, $155, $885) if you do not have enough commission to cover that fee. Not only that but ReferralCandy takes a whopping maximum 7.5% commission on referral sales.

This is not recommended for small businesses or businesses on a tight budget.

December 22, 2020

NB: This review is from 2014, about a previous pricing structure

Thank you for the feedback. We’ve since come out with a pricing structure that we believe best aligns our interests with yours; where we succeed when you succeed. I realize it’s been a while, but you can check it out on this page: https://www.referralcandy.com/pricing and let us know what you think. - Jaime R.