About Price Embedded Barcode Scanner
Scan price-embedded barcodes directly into your Shopify POS cart
Our app enables you to use your mobile device's camera to quickly scan price-embedded barcodes for sell-by-weight products and automatically insert those line items into your Shopify POS cart, complete with the item's weight and price-per-unit.
What are price-embedded barcodes?
Price-embedded barcodes, also known as random weight, variable price, or type 2 barcodes, have the item's PLU (price look-up) code and total price encoded into the barcode. These barcodes are typically printed using a label printing scale for sell-by-weight products at a deli counter or butcher, for example.
- Scan barcodes using your iOS or Android tablet or smartphone's built-in camera
- UPC-A and EAN-13 barcode formats (12 or 13 digits long)
- 5 or 6 digit PLU (price look-up number) format
- 99.99, 9999, 999.99, 9999.9 and 99999 price formats
- Support for international currencies
- Support for items priced per lb, oz, kg, or 100g
- Insert tax-exempt line items (New Shopify POS for iOS only)
Please note that due to decimal limitations within Shopify, each line item that is inserted by our app is a custom sale item.
- Using handheld bluetooth barcode scanners
Pricing 10-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Gentry's BBQ General Store
I have been using this app since their beta testing last summer. This app has been essential to be able to quickly check out customers with weight based items on our POS. Their support is quick, thorough, and they are open to suggestions and changes. They continue to develop the app adding new functionality and adapting to requests. A true joy to use.
90cent Gourmet Mart
I run a store selling frozen food, having a solution for me to enable the Shopify to read the PLU barcode is absolutely essential for checking out the weight based product. Glad to find this solution. At first I had a compatibility issue with this app which it could only read a 5 digit SKU but all my products carry 6 digit SKU, emailed to the supporting team and the response was quick and in a day or two they resolved this problem altogether for me to run this app. Highly recommended if you sell weight based product as well.