Sheet Master , 3 reviews
Giving only 1 star because app requests permission to view ALL files inside Google drive. Google drive has one specific permission that allows the app to create files and only view the files it has created but that is not enough. For this reason I ended up not installing it so can't comment on features.
Permit us to explain why these rights are required for the app to work.
1. We use Google sheet templates, which need to be copied to a merchant's Google drive before they begin using it with their store data.
2. The original sheet template is not created by via our App on the Merchant's drive (it is only shared as a sheet with the Merchant). In order to create a copy of this original Sheet template we need access to the Merchant's google drive. Ideally we would like to request access to just the file we need to copy, but there is currently no scope provided by Google for us to request an individual file not created via the app.
3. We have transparently listed the rights required upfront, prior to the approval access flow. Merchant's can either choose to use or not use the app if they are not comfortable with providing access.
4. Several Merchants use a new Google or gmail account with our app, so the concern listed can be easily avoided.
5. Our app has been vetted by Google prior to approval of the consent screen access flow
6. When Google access scopes evolve in the future to allow for permission to individual files, we will revise our scopes accordingly
We believe the above explanation addresses the concerns raised. Should you have any other concerns with the App please let us know. We have invested a lot of time & effort in creating an app that solves daily issues for many merchants.