Stock Take

Stock Take

by BR Data Solutions

Scan barcodes and count inventory with multiple devices

Azurina Singapore

The best inventory app on Shopify by far, and I've tried most of them. The app would be even better if I could use more than one computer to count my inventory. I now need to export my stocktake from my store front and import it to my stock room to complete my inventory. The app would be perfect if this minor annoyance can be fixed.

June 11, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We've been listening.
Our app now supports multi-device stocktaking. You no longer have to export/import and merge stocktakes from two different devices. Start a stocktake on one device and join in with one, or two, or more devices.
Your counts from each device are displayed independently on the stocktaking screen. Click the "Sync" button to backup your changes to our server and pick up changes from your other devices.
Happy stocktaking!

Ten Green Bottles

Simple to use, does exactly what I need, and the customer service responded quickly to my questions and went out of their way to help.

Bob & Bill

It says in the app that you can start stock-taking again after closing the app. But you will have to start over again. Your scan results are lost. So when your battery runs out.. or the app crashes, or for whatever reason you refresh the page... everything is gone. What a disaster.

December 23, 2020

Update: June 4th, 2021

Hi,
This issue has been fixed now. We added a "Save" button, so you can backup your work to our server and exit the app. If your iPad/iPhone powers down or reboots, your saved stocktakes are displayed, and you may continue from where you last saved.
Thank you.

----------------------------
Original message:
Thanks for installing our stock taking app on Shopify and providing your feedback.
Due to a recent update to the Shopify admin and POS apps on iOS, local storage (where your stock data is stored) on your iPad/iPhone gets cleared if the app is forced to close or the iPad powers down. Note that if you exit the Shopify app or if the iPad sleeps you should still have all your stock take data available.
Unfortunately, there is no way for us to recover the stock data that was lost after the iPad shutdown. We regret any inconvenience this has caused you. This problem occurs on Apple mobile devices, Stock Taking in your Safari/Chrome browser or on Android devices does not have the same issue. We are working on fixing this, we will keep a local copy and a backup on our server to avoid this issue.
Please ensure your iPad is fully charged before your next stocktake. We will put a warning on the top of our app for iPad and iPhone users so merchants are aware of this problem.

Azurina

I've been using Shopify for my online store for a couple of years and I love their user interface and the ease with which I could maintain products, pricing, and inventory. I started using their POS at my physical store because I was not happy with my existing Tally Shopper POS software and faced problems with maintaining 2 sets of inventory. There were a couple of issues migrating to Shopify POS. Their free Retail Barcode Label app did not support my existing TSC printer labels, printing of prices in Indian Rupees was missing, and inventory taking was completely absent from their Shopify basic plan.

I learned I needed to dish out more money after the trial period for their "Free" Stocky app that is part of their $79 plan. I was also surprised to find that Stocky and several other Stock taking apps in the Shopify app store do not take into account unfulfilled inventory. For example, if there are 2 pieces of a particular product variant on my shelf and 1 unfulfilled online order, Shopify will show "available" inventory as 1. You need to add available stock to unfulfilled stock to get the real count. Any inventory taking app must take this into account if the Stock needs to tally in Shopify, otherwise all unfulfilled products will have incorrect counts after you take stock. I learned this the hard way and had to redo my inventory manually after my counts were messed up.

I contacted BR Data Solutions and convinced them to write this app. I worked with them to ensure I got exactly what I needed to take stock at my 2 locations. What they've delivered is definitely better than any stock taking app available on Shopify today.

Preggi Central

Finally an app that does a stocktake the way a retailer needs it done!! Excellent communication from the developer and great support. Highly recommended