Tag Genie ‑ Edit & Automate

Tag Genie ‑ Edit & Automate

From $9/month. 14-day free trial.
Rating (4.5)
4.5
January 30, 2023

I've been using this app a few days and it has most assuredly made my life easier. We built our Shopify store quickly, and at the time, didn't really understand how tags effect SEO. We ended up with so many duplicates, misspelled tags and unneeded ones. Tag Genie has made the clean up process a breeze. Thanks to Milan for this app and the great service.

Motobilt
Time spent using app: 5 days
MMS Software Ltd. replied January 30, 2023

Thank you for your amazing review! We are delighted to hear that Tag Genie has made a positive impact on your Shopify store and that it has made your life easier. We are committed to providing excellent service and support to all of our customers.

January 28, 2023

FINALLY I found an app that does what I need. I'm able to look at my tags and replace them with better versions (capital first letters, plural, etc.). This is exactly what I needed! It even gives suggestions on tags you might want to replace and most of them were exactly right. Thank you!!

Greengate Images
Time spent using app: 2 days
MMS Software Ltd. replied January 30, 2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and for your kind words about our app. We are thrilled to hear that you have found it to be exactly what you needed for your store. We are always working to improve the app and make it the best it can be for our customers. Thank you for choosing our app and for your support.

September 16, 2022

This app & company are absolutely fantastic! Milan is the best, he has helped us a lot and added new features into Tag Genie for us very quickly. Tag Genie is essential for us to manage our products in our Shopify store and I don't know what we would do without it! If you have hundreds or thousands of products to organise in Shopify then you need this app!

TipTop Deals UK
Time spent using app: 5 months
September 9, 2022

I don’t write app reviews. I admit that, as a very skilled beta tester, I probably should, but I don’t. This is the exception, because Tag Genie is an exception. Exceptionally responsive, hard working, does what it says, the customer service is unparalleled (and I mean that 100%). If you have Shopify, you need Tag Genie! End of subject! I have run and tested all the tag apps in the Shopify app store, as it is part of my job description as a systems analyst. Tag Genie simply does what it says it does and in a simple and straightforward manner that is easy to understand and put into use. Basically it’s idiot proof. I am not a fan of Shopify’s dependence on tags, and I think without this app I may have lost my mind. So I cannot suggest more strongly that you should try it and buy it. It will be the best value for money, and provide the most ROI, of any Shopify app in your arsenal. You don’t know me, but you will thank me. This may be the lowest risk highest reward thing you do all week!

Tenenbaum Jewelers
Time spent using app: 8 months
August 8, 2022

Used the app to do some complex automatic tagging and am quite happy with how it all worked out. Support was also fast, smart and helpful.

Cush.be
Bulgaria
Time spent using app: 10 months
Edited August 5, 2022

I tried this app to rename some of my product tags - I wanted to change some to start with capitals and other to be all lower case. I went through the process and renamed 17 tags to correct the case as I wanted, then discovered that some tags had been deleted dompletely and on other operations some products did have the tag renamed correctly but for others with the same tag, the tag had been removed from the product.
I'm now having to go through my products and try to find where the tag have been removed. And it doesn't help that the record of operations can tell you how many tags were altered but doesn't tell you the products - so there's no way of manually reversing the process. I was very dissapointed with this app and wish I hadn't used it at all.
I would recommend you use this app with extreame caution (or not at all) and carefully note exactly which products are going to be altered, then check on your products list that everything went as planned. Just to add; To be fair, I didn't bother contacting their support team as I was annoyed at what had happened - it's possible they would have fixed things and restored them for me. But I had already uninstalled the app at that point.

Susan Crawford Vintage
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
MMS Software Ltd. replied August 2, 2022

Dear Susan,

I am very sorry that you had this experience. This hasn't happen before and we would have been able to help with restoring the tag changes and figuring out what has happened if you had contacted our support team. We have a live chat within the app but we haven't heard that you have any problems. Please let us know if we can help with restoring to a previous state and fixing the problems.

Again, very sorry to disappoint.

April 21, 2022

This app was a great tool for cleaning up my messy tags. I could see the benefit of using the paid feature if you had a large store.

Slightly Unfiltered
Time spent using app: 39 minutes
March 7, 2022

We absolutely love this app. It has saved us so much time and manual effort. It's the best option for customer and product record tag management. This is a must have app if you use tags for custom automations and functionality. It is incredibly easy to work with. We have setup several tagging automations and validations. This has allowed our team to spend their time elsewhere instead of manually monitoring and tagging daily. Support is also incredibly helpful. Response time is super quick and they have been incredibly responsive to all feedback for app improvements.

KUIU
Time spent using app: 6 months
September 1, 2021

This is the best tag manager in the marketplace. It has covered almost all the bases. If you are a sophisticated user of Shopify and use tags for many of your automations, this app is a must.

Gamezenter
Time spent using app: About 1 month
MMS Software Ltd. replied September 2, 2021

Thank you for leaving a review and thank you for your support. We would love to hear how we can improve the app. Let us know at support@taggenieapp.com

June 21, 2021

I would like to be able to click a tag and see all products that are tagged with it as well as the exact quantity number.

bellabarnett
China
Time spent using app: About 1 month
MMS Software Ltd. replied June 24, 2021

Thank you for your support! It means a lot to us. The requested functionality is now available. Just click on a tag on the dashboard and you will be able to see a list of all products that have the respective tag + the total number of products. Let us know if that works for you.