Reviews (133)

4.8

Merchants appreciate this app for its ease of use, customization, and reliable performance in ensuring compliance with age restrictions. They value its features such as customizable pop-up design and age verification at checkout. The support team, particularly Chris, is commended for their prompt and proactive help. The app also offers bot blocking and terms and conditions verification. It's considered affordable, with the free version often being sufficient and the paid plans providing good value. The app integrates seamlessly with platforms like Langify and Klaviyo.

April 3, 2024

Great app, look no further. The entrance options are easy and has lots of other features a store owner needs. I would recommend everyone use this. We have for the past 5 years without any issues.

Thanks Norther Apps for building a smooth app!

Consequence's Official Web Shop
Over 3 years using the app
June 5, 2024

This app is very simple to use and does what it says. The pop up option is fully customisable with your branding, and I then switched to using the age verification at checkout. Very easy and Chris is super helpful.

ohsovino
6 months using the app
May 4, 2024

Easy to use! I enjoy it. I wanted to do what I had to do to make sure 18+ were coming to my website. NA Age Verification does that.

Shallow Cove Dimensions
7 days using the app
June 4, 2024

Worked exactly like we wanted it to for when we needed it.

Smoke Boards
About 1 month using the app
April 24, 2024

Great app and works as described. Had an easy time setting it up and managing it was a breeze. Recommend for anyone looking for an age verification app that is both easy to use and sufficient.

Love Being Wild
3 months using the app
March 26, 2024

Does what it says on the tin. Useful for our site.

Value Africa
Over 2 years using the app
March 20, 2024

Does not work for customers that are using apple devices, and recently has stopped working for customers using desktop with firefox. It used to meet our needs but now is costing us sales and customer frustration.
We brought this issue up to the developers but no actions were taken.
We will be replacing it with another app as the quality of this app is no longer what it used to be.

Flavour Crafters Inc.
About 1 year using the app
Northern Apps replied May 14, 2024

The app does work for apple devices, and it works for firefox. The person posting this review did bring up the issue with support but I think it is dishonest to write that no action was taken.

Our technician checked the store and found that another system installed on their store, Chatra, was causing NA Age Verification to not work correctly. When support told the merchant about this they left this review.

So this issue only applies if you are using Chatra.

June 2, 2024

Works perfectly and there is even room to make adjustments for branding.

The Wine Source
Netherlands
10 days using the app
April 3, 2024

DO NOT INSTALL THIS GARBAGE. IT WILL BREAK YOUR STORE.

This app adds code to CART.JSON that will disable your checkout button, possibly costing you thousands in lost sales as it did for us. Even uninstalling the app did not reverse the damage. I had to go to a backup and restore the code from before its installation.

The app also interferes with eComposer page builder and the theme editor. The popup will appear in your editor window and cannot be dismissed or buttons clicked. The only way to edit a page is to turn off the age check popup.

Garbage. Don't install. Pay for a quality app.

Snus Source
Thailand
2 days using the app
Northern Apps replied May 20, 2024

This comment is not true. The app does not add code to a theme's cart.json file. It is not possible for the app to do this because it does not have permission from Shopify. If the app was uninstalled and the problem was not resolved, that is probably because the app was not the problem in the first place.

The app also has a setting that allows you to turn it off in the theme editor, the person leaving this review must have missed that option.

March 7, 2024

Really amazing age verification add on, simple and user friendly, contains tons of customizable features. I was able to make unique touches on my website. Can’t wait for future updates.

Snacks Bar 4