Ava SEO Image Optimizer Speed

Ava SEO Image Optimizer Speed

Free plan available. 14-day free trial.
Rating (4.9)
Developer
4.9
January 8, 2023

Péssimo, ao inves de comprimir as imagens retirou varias imagens do meu site e descrição de produtos!
Por mim não daria nem 1 estrela!
paguei o plano para voltar as minhas imagens mas ele não restaurou a cagada que fez!!!!
NÃO RECOMENDO JAMAIS!

Green Box
Brazil
Time spent using app: 23 days
Edited December 2, 2022

To be honest, at first I was skeptical about the program and thought and that it is going to be like other apps out there claiming to boost site speed. It didn't disappoint the support team was hungry for a review and did everything they could to speed up the site within hours. After the review was published, the speed crashed to 29 worse than what I started with 49. I've told them about the issue and they still didn't figure it out after 24 hours. My experience has been horrible. *Note this an updated review.

Universally Original
Spain
Time spent using app: 5 days
Edited January 11, 2023

Emily is a very bad support person. Told her i had an issue, got told to ignore it. Told her the issues weren't there on another theme and can i not fix the issue, her response was what issue??
Told her i would remove avada SEO as Yoast support, supports. Got told sorry to hear that??
Asked to speak to a manager, got told we are all in a meeting....very bad support. I will be removing this app and going over to Yoast

My Temptations
Time spent using app: 7 months
October 21, 2022

This app can not handle the number of images it says it can and the support team has been totally inadequate in assisting with the problem. They say it is because of Shopify API limitations, if Shopify has limitations their app has the same limitations and they should not be making these false claims.

Beltsmart
Time spent using app: About 1 month
AVADA replied October 21, 2022

Dear Tony,

We're genuinely sorry that you are experiencing this unexpectedness with our app and we would like to apologize for any discomfort this brought you.

We want you to know that we're here to assist you.

We are investigating your site and working our best to find out the best solution to get the issue resolved and earn back your trust in our service.

We did send you a follow-up email about this, please kindly check that in your email inbox. I look forward to hearing from you soonest!

Edited January 22, 2023

A message to other store owners: what they offer seems great, but if you make this shortcut you will negatively affect your business in the long run. SEO and image optimization shouldn't be transient. That should be obvious to everyone. What isn't is this: When you downgrade their application they undo everything they did before. Effectively penalizing you if you don't continue with their application or paying plan. It's a deal with the devil, and if you're thinking about the long term benefits to your store then I would avoid them at all costs.

FYI - they were super kind and friendly when I was initially onboarding and considering the paid plan. All of a sudden, when I wanted to downgrade due to the seasonal nature of my store, they were rude.

OrnamentallyYou
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
October 5, 2022

Tried out the app and decided that it is not for me. Uninstalled the app and deleted some code based on the guide provided. However, there are still remaining files and code in the theme.liquid file that I have to restore the old code before the installation to clean them up.

Andatech
Time spent using app: About 3 hours
AVADA replied October 5, 2022

Hi,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback on our app as it helps us improve the app better for you and other users. On behalf of our team, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you experienced when using our app!

There may have some pieces of code left on the site even you use the automatic option. In fact, after uninstalling almost all Shopify SEO apps, the code still remains on your website. That is because of how some features like meta tags or structured data from most SEO apps, which inserts snippets into your theme. Therefore, we need to do an extra step to edit theme (file liquid template) and get them removed.

We have sent you a follow-up email. Please kindly check your mailbox to get our update and solution.
Thank you so much for your generous support! I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Daisy

September 22, 2022

Unfortunately, I can't recommend it... First thing you will notice when entering the app is the amount of advertising even for subscribed users. Ads at the top of every page, additional ads on nearly all tabs plus a deals tab. I nearly uninstalled it just because of this! Dashboard gives an overview of your seo score, feature request, turn app on and off the app and of course an ad. Also estimated savings (hours/cost) which has to be the most pointless thing I have ever seen. Speed up tab, you can compress your images which shopify does natively anyways not sure why shopify users don't realise this and pay other apps to do it again. Site speed up, no idea what this does, no information is given. Instant page is pre-loading, most shopify themes will already do this, same goes for lazy loading. Minification will do very little unless you're using a poor quality theme and apps. Speed up optimisations generally slowed some pages down for us and made minimal difference to others. Also had several 'too many requests' errors under different tabs which had to be fixed by support. Meta tag templating is okay, but to be honest not the best way of doing SEO, doesn't beat creating unique content for each product. The meta tag rule templating is a slightly better way if you must go down this route. 404 redirecting to a single URL such as homepage is not a good way, Google would rather you create correct 301/2 redirects or leave it as a 404 if it's permanently unavailable. Also does not incorporate Shopify redirects like other SEO apps do. SEO checklist is poor and not specific enough to show which pages have an issue, some issues involve having to enable their optimisations and it constantly showed my sitemap is not submitted to Google which it certainly is. HTML sitemap, Don't like how this is done and it creates a sitemap for all page types. Site verifications are handy for some, but why add code to your site when you can simply add a txt file to your DNS settings. Google search console is limited and slow, seems pointless, might as well just go to the search console yourself. My biggest annoyance was SEO analysis for my products, collections and pages. I would prefer to edit them myself. But it gives no notification or scoring to show which products etc have issues. Unless you click on them one by one, edit and save. And if you have thousands of products how do you know which have been done and which haven't! Other apps do this much better where they show and score or you can mark them as completed. My advice would be to try other apps and see which one meets your needs, don't get pulled in by all these 'features' most of which you won't need and have been added for the sake of having 'more features' than other apps.

Gift Moments
Time spent using app: 1 day
September 15, 2022

App doesn't work as expected. The template feature for the SEO is not working at all. I submitted a support ticket one week ago and there has been no response except the request for access.

bodyhealthessential.com
Time spent using app: 19 days
August 26, 2022

"Free trial" when you have pay for it? We had issues with the App when it didn't really make ANY improvement even with the help from customer service. We were on the "free trial" and the day before we contacted them to get it fixed and also get the "free trial extended" while we see the App work as promised. Now.... we went back and through but now.... They couldn't extended it as planned and we were still to pay for it EVENTHOUGH they said it would be extended ect.... We stopped the service and are now going to pay and then refund.... Wtf

Naillak.dk
Denmark
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
August 23, 2022

This App made my website messy, and I looked for the help. But the service was inefficient, so that I could only replace my theme at last.

Morec.eu