Rewind Backups

Rewind Backups

by Rewind

Automated, secure backups for stores of all sizes

BetterChoice

Be aware of this app. I have subscribed with the Growth plan $5/month for a while. However it didn't notify me and just silently increased the fee to $49. Check your apps constantly to avoid extra changes.

Mountainherbs

I installed the free version of rewind, but honestly, I can't really give a review. It didn't mess up anything, but in case I lost my data I would first have to figure out how to get it back. But then I am probably not the typical user since I am producing what I am selling so time on the computer is very limited. That said a very brief written (!) introduction or so would be good (none of the apps has it).

Playblue

Very slick and professional. Impressive but at $39 a month is far from cheap.

Update: - Had to uninstall Super slick and the dashboard is wonderful but for a medium size store to be charging $99 a month is madness
At that price it's worth my while writing my own version with the API.

Kestrelmeters

This won't work with custom themes. It's very expensive at $180/year per site. Just one more shopify expensive app giving reason to move over to Woocommerce.
It's nice to have a back up, though I found it not super simple and was kind of frustrated when we went to actually use it. Later, we did find out it due to our customization on our theme. Would have been nice to know beforehand.

Hornguys

Instructions for use are not easy to find.

Twiggz

We are a brick and mortar store primarily. We have thousands of products listed on our Shopify store. The issue is that online sales are a very small percentage of our sales. So spending must be scaled appropriately. We are overall pleased with Shopify and the list of plugins we are using. That being said, we find that the rates for Rewind are out of scale with the benefit of the service. It is the most expensive plugin we use, but not the most critical. We have to use the pro plan which is 39 USD/mth. Does storage really cost that much guys? No it doesn't. We will be suspending the service and waiting for a more affordable service that is surely to arrive. ie: We subscribe to one Terabyte of storage with Apple for only $3.99 a month. We would be be back in a flash if our plan dropped to less than $10/mth.