One click to deploy price tests. Your URLs stay the same! You don't need to make any changes on Shopify or your Facebook/Google ads.
Control your tests, with custom traffic splits. Get results quickly with a 50-50 split or send only 10% of your traffic and measure steadily
See which price is doing better in a single glance. We also tell you when you have enough data for a conclusive winner!
About dexter : Price A/B Testing
Optimise Price, Maximise Profits
dexter is price A/B testing tool, that helps you test an alternate price for your products.
All you have to do is:
- Pick a product
- Decide how much you want to increase (or decrease) the price
- Pick what fraction of visitors should see the test price
You are now ready to launch a price test!
Big e-commerce corporations constantly leverage their product prices, in order to maximise profits. Now that power of price testing is in your hands, with dexter.
- Same product URL - no changes required in Shopify or your Facebook or Google Ads
- Compatible with remarketing, cart recovery - shoppers continue to see the same price through their journey (known to work with Klaviyo, Privy, Pushowl, Facebook, Google Remarketing)
- Start a test with one click - we take care of everything that's needed
- Simple comparison between prices - monitor revenue / 100 visitors to tell which price is doing well at a glance
- Statistical analysis - We do the math, so you can be sure that your price change works
- Is it safe to play around with my product price?
It can be scary changing the price of product, without knowing what it will do to your sales. That is precisely why we built dexter so you can test the prices and know what works. Quickly and easily. If you still cannot get over the fear of changing your price, think about the prospect of greater revenue and profits. Marginal changes in price, seldom affect the sales of good products, but often have a substantial impact on the profits you take home.
- What products should I run price tests on?
Pick a product that has steady visitors and sales. This is where you can quickly unlock hidden revenue. If you are too early in product or store growth story, the data will be noisy and you might not be able to get a quick and clear answer.
- How do I know which price is doing better?
Simple: We'll point it out. We present a simple number - revenue / 100 visitors - to compare between the two prices. You also need sufficient data before concluding that a price is definitely better. We do this math for you as well, and tell you when a test has a conclusive winner for you.
We are a small team, here to help you manage your price to maximise your revenue and profits. Do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Due to the way Google Shopping treats price on the page, sometimes the price split tests might not work
- Products with more than 40 variants are currently not automatically supported
- Due to complications with some themes, we might not support your theme out of the box; we will review and try to make it work
Free to install
No limits on number or duration of tests, charges based on number of visitors to the price tests.
Most recent reviews
I installed this because of all the good reviews but it is misleading. It is frustrating that I wasted all my time to set this up. The app does not work for price testing for my store. I talked to the dexter support team and they said I don't have enough traffic and my conversion rates is too low but the whole point of why I installed this app was to test and improve my conversion rates. I waited a long time for them to manually set up the app for my store. It is not an automatic set up and they have to manually go in and review my theme and set it up. Also it is very expensive so even if it would work I wont come back given the high price.
It's really depressing to see this review after everything we communicated to you, and actually suggesting what was in your best interest, at the cost of our revenue!
1. You can run price tests on dexter perfectly fine on your store, you can launch a test in <30 seconds now.
2. We review every store to make sure that the price tests work properly, this is necessary for any true A/B test of prices; we set this up on priority basis for you in less than the time we communicated to you!
3. We were honest an open about why price testing is not right, even though this means lost revenue for us! I continue to standby the fact that it is not in the best interest of your store to run a price test at this point (not just with dexter, but any app).
Merchants get between 50x-1000x ROI on price testing with dexter within the the first month itself, and they get to keep the increased revenue forever. You can still come back and run price tests with us, and we will make sure that you do not have to worry about the costs as well.
Please do write back, for any way in which we can help.
The only service I've worked with that GENUINELY offers 24/7 customer support. Their support mediums include video calls, which I've found to be much more helpful than text or call. Ultra customizable as well -- the Dexter team played day-and-night with my theme to make it work. Overall, this is an incredible app, and their parent company is working to release even more exciting products in the near-future. Start working with them now while they're young, because their prices are an absolute bargain.
Thanks Neel! Those words really warm our hearts.
Looking forward to seeing your tests bring in the revenue.
Amazing application and even better team - We had a slight nuance with our products that required a custom solution and Vivek and Vinod went above and beyond to help us implement their app and run the test. They also took an active interest in our test results and provided valuable insight into how to interpret them. We're still running the test, but so far it looks like our test price is performing better than our original price. This insight is so valuable for any e-commerce brand!
Thanks Inno and Kevin for the kind words. Been a pleasure setting this up for you.