Free Gifts BOGO buy x get y

Free Gifts BOGO buy x get y

From $29.99/month. 7-day free trial.
Rating (4.8)
Developer
4.8
December 12, 2022

I really had high hopes from this app because very few shopify apps had such good discounts/offers. But the app is really bad. Have had a VERY BAD experience. Too many issues every month with the app and glitches. Consumers are able to place multiple 0 value orders (this is so scary if someone isn't active to track such things at night). I would not recommend adding/using this app. We always have to contact support team to help resolve anything and everything. An app that is human dependent.

The Pink Foundry
India
Time spent using app: 6 months
Secomapp replied December 12, 2022

Thank you for the updates The Pink Foundry,

This is Richard, manager of the Customer Success team,
We apologize for the inconvenience and our support team has just contacted you via both chat and email ticket ID #130927 to resolve the situation,

Can you check the email so we can help you resolve it the soonest?

November 22, 2022

DO NOT INSTALL Continued to function after being uninstalled. Couldn't get it turned off. Worst app I have ever used.

Cornbread Hemp™
Time spent using app: 22 days
Secomapp replied November 23, 2022

Hi Cornbread Hemp™,

Glad to know that the thing has been resolved already! If you need any further assistance, feel free to reply to ticket #130030 and our team will always be more than willing to help!

Richard
Customer Success Manager

November 3, 2022

I installed to see if it fitted my needs, but it didn't. This is fine, can't always be a good match. But after uninstalling the app my theme is still completely trashed with their files en liquid includes. Ridiculous!

Warmpies
Netherlands
Time spent using app: 22 minutes
Secomapp replied November 3, 2022

***Updated Nov 4, 2022
Hi Warmpies,

It's a pity that we haven't gotten your response since yesterday. Our team is all waiting for the theme to be sent so we can assist you in removing the code and send it back to you. Could you help us with that?
----------
Hi Warmpies,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered. Our team has just sent you an email with ticket #129089 to help you remove the liquid files. Could you help us check your mailbox?

September 8, 2022

the app does not work. the UI is messy and confusing. It looks like Windows 95. The installation requires developer to access the theme to make it work. But they cannot access the theme so it does not work. Just bad product.

Kobe Footwear
Time spent using app: About 1 hour
Secomapp replied September 8, 2022

***Update Sep 13, 2022
Hi Kobe Footwear,

It's a pity that we still get your response on ticket #126789. Could you help me check your mailbox and let me know your thought?
------
Hi Kobe Footwear,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and unhappy experience. I have sent you an email for further support with ticket ID: #126789
Could you please check it and let me know your thought?

September 5, 2022

It worked well for about two weeks. After that, something broke and all of the items in the special offer, you could add to your cart for free. after escalating it to their support, they started working on it - next morning they said its fixed, after I checked it was not fixed. I escalated it again, AGAIN after 1 day, they said now its fixed, only to find out today its not fixed. they are not even checking after their fixes. yes. their support is friendly, and quick to reply, but this situation is making me move away

4Endurance Slovenija
Slovenia
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Secomapp replied September 5, 2022

Hi Admin,

I'm truly sorry for the unhappy experience you have encountered with our app. Our team has already resolved that and checked all other product pages and they are working properly now. If you need any further assistance, feel free to let us know and we would be more than willing to support you!

Edited September 5, 2022

Great support. Setting up was easy. No bugs so far, we just set it up in a matter of minutes and lets see how it goes from here. UPDATE after 2 weeks: After using the APP for 2 weeks, we encountered the first serious bug, people were able to add the gifts to their cart without reaching any treshhold. After looking at negative reviews, I see the problem is fairly common. However, after reporting the BUG, they supposedly fixed it, but after checking it was not fixed. Then again I reported it, then again after 24hours I get notified that its fixed.... but again... just to find out, that its still not fixed. either they do not even check after they "fix" things.... or they dont know how to fix it. This is getting ridiculous. At this point, we lost trust in their devs and will most definitely move away to a different app.

4Endurance Italia
Slovenia
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Secomapp replied August 2, 2022

Thank you very much 4Endurance Italia,

We were thrilled to get such positive comments!
Thanks to your efforts, we are now even more motivated to improve our services in the next days :D

Please get in touch with us via Live Chat or email at support@secomapp.com if you need assistance.

Enjoy your wonderful day!
Dave
Free Gifts - Customer Service Team

Edited March 9, 2022

Stay away from this app. This app caused a major issue in our store. We used this app to create an offer - a small gift with purchase during a seasonal sale then had the offer scheduled to turn off after the sale was over. Months later, we figured out that people using Shop Pay got our high-priced items for free! Even though the offer was expired on the app. The products that people were getting were not free gifts, just regular SKUs. This error caused by Free Gift App was a loss of $2,500. This is not including all of the time that we are spending auditing the orders, being on the phone with support, and removing this code from our store. I reached out to their support team to request a reimbursement, and they completely denied my request even though they admitted it was their fault. (I wish I could attach screenshots of the conversation to this review as proof) Not only did the app zero out the cost of a regular SKU/variant that had nothing to do with a free gift but it also only works on the Online Store sales channel. Their support rep told me after the fact that they recommend posting products on the Online store only not other sales channels. Yet that is not listed anywhere on their website, instructions, or user guides. This is a problem because we have multiple sales channels like Shop, FB, IG stores etc... I bet that a lot of other stores do too. I can not believe that Shopify supports and recommends this app to store owners.

Bebonia
Time spent using app: 6 months
Secomapp replied November 10, 2021

Dear Bebonia,

We are truly sorry for this inconvenience! Our app prevents this case by setting all the gifts’ fulfillment services as manual. However, those orders were still auto fulfilled by a 3rd-party system of your store. This was beyond our reach so we are not able to affect that.
In this case, our suggestion is to duplicate the product and use the duplicated one as gift only. So the gift won’t be available on other sale channels.

We are truly sorry again for this unhappy experience! It does relate to the 3rd-party system so it is not possible for us to take full control of it.
If you need any further assistance, just let me know and we will try our best to support you!

October 10, 2021

very sad app, and worse service. applying their code impacts website functionality and they are least interested in helping out.

Belora
India
Time spent using app: 5 days
Secomapp replied October 10, 2021

Updated October 13, 2021
Hi Belora,

It is a pity that I haven't received your response. I have sent you 2 more emails regarding the issue has been fixed. Could you please check it?

We look forward to hearing from you!
----------------------
Hi Belora,

I'm really sorry for the unhappy experience!
I have sent you 2 emails regarding the issue with the ticket ID: #108231 and #107927.
Could you please check it and let me know your thought?

Edited June 18, 2021

Just delete this app, useless. It will make your cart page very very slow. Even reduce the sales. After their coding team "Optimized" the speed of our cart page. All the products variant drop down does not work anymore. And I do not know what their coding guy did. The facebook pixel does not even work anymore. All my facebook ads saying there is no event been verified. All the tracking are also effected. We are spending thousands dollars on fb everyday. They literally caused us thousand dollars lost since yesterday they installed the code. Do not use this app unless you want to lose money. I have tried to contact their support many times. They have never get back to me.

Ezreal Armwrestling Club
Time spent using app: 2 days
Secomapp replied June 18, 2021

***UPDATE June 21, 2021
Hi Admin,
Our developer team has just sent you an email regarding the issue. Could you please help check and let me know your thought?
-----------
***UPDATE June 18, 2021
Hi Admin,

Our technical team has fixed the issue and reply to you via email and livechat system. Could you please check it?
-----------
Hi Admin,

Sorry for your unhappy experience with our app. Our team has just got back to work and investigating the issue for you. We will update you as soon as we find it out!

February 14, 2021

This app requires the developers to add liquid code manually. I had 2 days of back and forth communication with Robert who said that even though they were on holiday, they would get it done, unfortunately he just ghosted me for 3 days, which caused us to scramble last minute to find another app at the last minute. I see others have had good service experiences but unfortunately our experience with this app was frustrating and disappointing. (I wouldn't have left a review, but Robert has sent 2 automated emails in the last few days to ask for one -so here it is).

Silly George
Time spent using app: 4 days
Secomapp replied February 17, 2021

Hi,
I’m really sorry for your unhappy experience. We have been back from our Lunar New Year holiday and able to install the code for you quickly! We have been trying to contact you through ticket #93118. Could you kindly check your mailbox and let us know your thought? Thank you so much!