Manage expiry dates & recalls
Trace customer orders to the batch level, so you can serve your customers with confidence.
Automate expiry processes
Automate how expiring inventory gets handled and use stock rotation methods (FEFO/FIFO) to reduce food waste and boost profits.
Optimize perishable inventory
Forecast demand and make more informed inventory decisions to increase profit margins.
About Batch Inventory & Expiry Dates
Freshly is a batch tracking and traceability software designed for Shopify merchants selling perishables or other regulated products such as food & beverages, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals.
With Freshly, you can track and prioritize products by batch or lot expiration date to more effectively manage inventory levels, reduce product spoilage, track product recalls, and increase profitability.
- Add inventory batches to products and track them based on their expiry dates
- Show expiry dates to your customers on storefront product pages
- Trace recalled items back to the batch or lot that they belonged
- Clearly see which product batches are approaching their expiry date
- Get notified when your products reach their expiry date
- Auto-assign or manual-assign batches to fulfill orders using the First-expire, First-out (FEFO) or the First-in, First-out (FIFO) method
- Import and export inventory batches in bulk
- Bulk print and edit packing slips containing batch details using liquid templates
- Advanced analytics to help you make more informed purchasing and inventory decisions
Customize how expiring inventory gets handled to increase profit margins
Customize how expiring inventory gets handled with options such as applying percent discounts days before product expiry (coming soon) and removing expired product batches from inventory count.
How does Freshly affect my store? We reliably sync your Shopify products and inventory activity. Product inventory changes as you add batches with item quantities on Freshly. All inventory updates are tracked on Freshly.
Does Freshly replace my Shopify inventory and fulfillment manager? No, we extend and enhance the capabilities of your Shopify's inventory and fulfillment manager to suit your requirements for batching and/or expiry dates. Freshly is built to work seamlessly with your existing workflow.
Do I have to track inventory on both Shopify and Freshly? Only products that you wish to batch track should be managed on Freshly.
If you need help or want to share how we can improve, let us know! We're only a message away and will reply within 24 hours.
- Bundle Builder,
- Point of Sale
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
50 products with unlimited inventory batches
500 orders / month
Auto-assign batches during fulfillment
Auto & manual-assign batches
Bulk import & export
Customer-facing expiry dates
Email & chat support
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Larry The Liquidator
This app works really well at keeping track of product dates. Tech support is really quick and very accommodating. If you are unsure of anything just ask and you'll be surprised with their response. If you track dates i would highly recommend using this app!
Thanks for sharing your kind review! ✨
Really useful app and great customer service. They were really willing to help and did so quickly. Couldn't recommend more!
Thank you so much! 🤗
Fantastic little app. Using it to track batch numbers and expiry dates on confectionary items. Extremely intuitive and simple to use, very reasonable pricing model and not bloated with unnecessary features. Developers were extremely responsive and helpful over live chat. The best app on our store.
Thanks for your amazing review. 😊 So happy to hear that Freshly is super intuitive and simple to use. 💚