Built on Shopify Admin
All setup and fulfillment functions are managed through Shopify Admin. This includes inventory config, fulfillment, and email notifications.
As soon as orders are placed, they are sent to LicenseSpring for key generation. Customers receive an email with license keys in 5 minutes.
Flat Fee Billing Model
LicenseSpring Fulfillment charges a small handling fee when orders are fulfilled, not a percentage-based charge that eats into your profits!
About LicenseSpring Fulfillment
*IMPORTANT: You must have a LicenseSpring account to use this app!
LicenseSpring is a state-of-the-art software licensing platform that provides authorization and piracy protection for your software application.
If you have built your software with LicenseSpring and want to sell it on Shopify, our app is a perfect fit for you.
- Fully integrated with Shopify Admin
- Automatically generates license keys and orders on the LicenseSpring platform
- License keys are stored in Shopify as tracking numbers
- After installing the app, navigate to the Settings page and add your LicenseSpring API and Shared keys (from your LicenseSpring dashboard). You also need to select a billing plan.
- On your product (or variant) page, select 'LicenseSpring Fulfillment' under 'Inventory managed by'.
- Configure your checkout to 'Automatically fulfill the order's line items'
- (Optional) Add the free 'Digital Downloads' app to your store to allow customers to download your install package.
- Start selling
How It Works
- When orders are placed in your store, our app receives a notification for any products managed by 'LicenseSpring Fulfillment'.
- We use the SKU on the product (or variant) to match your product's 'Short code' in LicenseSpring.
- License keys are generated based on quantity ordered.
- The order is stored on LicenseSpring's system, along with the generated license keys.
- License keys are returned to Shopify as tracking numbers.
- Customers are notified using Shopify's built-in email notifications for shipment and tracking number updates.
Pricing is based on a per-use model. Our app charges a handling fee for every order that we process. This allows us to scale our backend cloud infrastructure to meet your needs.
For a modest-sized store (50-100 units / month), our pricing is cheaper (and scales better) than FastSpring's percent-of-sales model. Our belief is that a fixed-cost per order is easier to budget than a percentage-based model.
NOTE: If you plan to sell more than 500 orders per month, please contact us and we will be happy to arrange custom pricing for your store.
We developed this app because we needed LicenseSpring integration to sell our 'OmniTag' product on Shopify. Yes, we are a client too and use this app every day to run our business.
Please reach out if you have any questions or feature requests. We would love to hear from you!
Marcus Lawson, Founder
*Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with LicenseSpring.
- +1 (727) 342-0289
Free to install
$0.50 per order, up to 500 orders per month. Contact us if you need more than 500 orders / month for a discounted price.