Sell more with Messenger
Sell products from your Messenger chats and let customers check out without leaving the app.
Keep customers updated
Automatically send customers detailed order status updates in Messenger.
Provide customer support
Add the Message Us button to give shoppers an easy way to start real-time conversations while they browse your products.
About Messenger channel
Sell on Messenger
The Messenger channel adds your products to a menu that shoppers can purchase from while chatting with your Facebook Page. Shoppers that browse your online store can use Messenger to ask questions before and after purchase. At checkout, customers can opt-in to get updates on the status of their order in Messenger.
With Shopify and the Messenger channel, you can:
- let shoppers browse products and make purchases from your Messenger chat
- send automated order updates to customers from Messenger
- customize the messages, buttons, and menu item titles that shoppers interact with
- add a “Message Us” button to your online store and have real-time conversations with shoppers (requires online store)
- provide support to customers with questions about their purchase
- fulfill Messenger orders from Shopify
- track Facebook sales using your sales channel overview and Analytics pages
- To use the Messenger channel, you need admin access to the Facebook Page where you send and receive messages.
- Automated order updates require selling in a currency supported by Facebook.
- The Message Us button requires the online store channel.
Learn more about selling on Messenger by visiting the website in the "Sales and support" section of this page.
Overall rating Based on 67 reviews
Most recent reviews
Straight Up Pumps
This app seems to be flawed and not working properly for me or my customers. Buttons appear but "shop now" button only sends the words "shop now" from who ever presses the button, no menus or anything. This item also can't be removed from the list.
Thank you for writing your review and detailing your issue here. I'm sorry that you've had this issue and I'd like to take a closer look at the situation to see if I can help. I will be sending you an email shortly to gather more context about the problem and I can hopefully help troubleshoot this. I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support
The Elevated Man
Getting this error:
Could not link Messenger by Shopify to Facebook
You may not be connected to the network or we could not establish a connection with our server. Check your connection and try again later.
What do I need to do to fix?
Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with connecting your Messenger Channel to Facebook, but I'd be happy to see if we can work together to resolve this issue.
It sounds like this error is localized, and related to your internet setup. I suggest trying a different internet connection, or a different browser. Have you tried this on a mobile or desktop device? I've gone ahead and sent you an email with recommendations, we can continue discussing this connection error through there. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support
Does it work on mobile? I cant see it when viewing my website on mobile and there is no guideline on this issue.
Thank you for your review! The "Message Us" button should be appearing on both mobile and desktop versions of your store.
The first step I'd recommend is making sure that your theme is set up to be compatible with the button. If you're using a Shopify developed theme and the button isn't appearing, our themes team can take a look into it for you!
I will be following up with you via email shortly, so that we can continue to look into this together. -Lizzy, Shopify Support