Mixtable

Bulk editor for products, metafields, inventory, price & more

Free plan available. 7-day free trial.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Graham Fine Wines & Spirits

STAY AWAY FROM THIS APP! It completely mangled my product data, and there is no undo once you update. I have ~1500 products in my store, and was looking for a way to bulk update metadata fields. First, my vendor data got overwritten by one of the metadata fields. First one is on me. Maybe I wasn't careful enough with my formulas and updating. Second time, trying to fix the mess that was made, I carefully exported from Mixtable to a Google Sheet, made all my changes there, and then cut and paste it back to Mixtable. I triple checked the columns lined up, and went row by row to make sure Mixtable matched my Sheet before I updated. Didn't matter. About 20% of my products ended up with the wrong data associated with them in Shopify. I went back to my sheet and Mixtable to make sure I had everything right. I did. But the data that was updated in my Shopify store was still wrong. This app is a great idea (honestly, bulk updating metafields should be built into Shopify), but it is not ready for prime time. If you care at all about the integrity of your data STAY AWAY!

CineStore.com.au

This app has potential. Having spent a week looking at various options to make product information management easier and after comparing Shopify apps as well as external PIM SaaS solutions, some that are very expensive compared to Mixtable. I have concluded that Mixtable does have some potential if you are looking to move away from using a spreadsheet and storing your product information in a database. Its hybrid approach has benefits for those looking to use formulas like they have for calculating pricing with cost, margin and markup to determine sell price. The PIM solutions I have tested don't do this as easily as using simple formulas in a spreadsheet, nor do they offer you a view on one page where you can see lots of rows of products and a relatively way to easily edit product attributes in bulk. Mixtable is nearly there but the syncing of the data does seem extremely slow. Not sure if its the server infrastructure they are using? AirPower and AirTable work much better but formulas are a PITA. Mixtable is on the right track to offering a great product, but I believe more work needs to be done to get the product where it needs to be.

November 28, 2021

Hi there. Very sorry that you ran into issues. Our sync is generally quite fast, limited by the read/write speeds that Shopify allows. It is possible that you ran into a bug, and we'd love to chat to find out what happened, so that if there is a bug we can solve it for everyone.