Merchants find this dropshipping and POD app user-friendly and appreciate its seamless integration with Shopify. It's favored for its wide range of global suppliers, making it suitable for online fashion stores. The app simplifies inventory management and product import, with automatic tracking. It also offers marketing materials for small business setup. Merchants value the high profit margin on products, which can balance the monthly fee. The app is commended for its diverse product range, including children's clothing, and its responsive customer service.

January 25, 2019

new user, just insatall the app, quite easy to use and lots of great products for my dropship store

8SOULS.COM
Indonesia
12 months using the app
Edited April 2, 2017

So far I like this app. Specifically, I love the variety of options- there are many wonderful designers to choose from. I am still building up my store, so I have only had three orders so far. All 3 were from different vendors and all 3 shipped quickly with good communication (tracking update, etc). I love that inventory levels are tracked automatically with Shopify- this really makes life easy! (I use some other dropshippers outside of Modalyst, too, and keeping up with inventory is a giant hassle!!).

I have experienced a few cons, which is why I have not rated this 5 stars:

1. I have a terrible time loading the Modalyst page / app. It can take FOREVER to load, and it is consistently slow. I want to chew through my wrist while I wait for the pages to load!!

2. I find the app / webpage very UN-intuitive when it comes to searching / finding items. There are drop down boxes along the top for category and subcategories, but it is not easy to find a search box to search for specific items. For instance, if I want to search for "red bag" or "emerald", it is really hard to do this because I have yet to find a search bar on the home page. You have to go into an actual category, as best I can tell, to find a search bar. And then it takes forever to load (see #1). Also find it hard to just find your products added to Shopify with a specific designer within the app. These things can all be done- but certainly not as intuitively as they should be. Takes a little extra work / digging around- and who has time for that? Especially with the slow load times! (again, see #1!)

3. Some designers are more responsive than others. I have messaged a few- and only one has really been responsive.

Overall, I would recommend this app/ service to others. It really makes finding unique dropshippers easy- and so far I have had no issues with the ones I have chosen (other than the aforementioned lack of response to inquiries). I think the margin is reasonable, given how little work you have to do as the retailer. The Shopify integration is fantastic.

Thanks!
astrologia.store

Astrologia Store
11 months using the app
June 13, 2017

Great products, I like the descriptions, site can run a little slow sometimes but overall great app

Housevelvet
October 4, 2019

I started using the app a couple of weeks ago and am really pleased. To be able to up the game on your website with name brand products or products with a solid selling track record is amazing. Make sure you do your research. Do a search of the vendor as many also have their own site and price on your store accordingly. Some of the products are on the high side and the juice may not be worth the squeeze but there is still alot to choose from.

I do have one con. The vendors list most if not all products as its own variant versus listing a single product and having all variants, such as color choices, embedded into one listing. This creates much more work on the front-end as far as data entry is concerned to list a product on your store with multiple color variants and it also makes it difficult to track inventory levels.

Overall, I would recommend the use of the app if you are frustrated with AliExpress and the delayed shipping, cheaper products and insane sizing issue if you are selling clothing in the US/Europe.

Random Wear
November 20, 2019

I use this App to help me select brands and other items to share with my customers. I like the variety and the fashion and products are so cute. I like how each week their are something new and different to add to my online store. I like the variety of products the Modalyst has to offer our customers. Modalyst is becoming one of my favorite apps to use.

DesignzbyJulez
October 13, 2018

Excellent so far, so good no complaints the ease of app is imperative when quickly uploading new exciting products often missed on wider used free drop shipping fulfillment services

Luxury Vintage Bags
September 18, 2018

I like what I see. They have a lot of products. Some are price high other are price low. You have a choice to pick what you would like in your store. If a product you pick is not selling you can say by by to it and replace it with another products without paying to do so.

Our Gift 2 U
June 17, 2019

First of all, the app is great so far. So many choices and great styles. My reasons for not giving five stars: products don't always import from Wish, meaning I have to chat with customer service sometimes to fix issues. The Modalyst customer service should be more immediate (I am not a fan of automated chat bots). And most of all, I really wish Modalyst offered AUTOMATED FULFILLMENT. I work abroad without wifi sometimes which makes it so difficult to have to open the Modalyst dashboard just to click "order" rather than having Modalyst just automatically send the order to the supplier.

Butler Basics
April 12, 2018

Excellent, love their choice of products and images.

Snatch It Gadget
7 months using the app
July 5, 2018

Our store is brand new and just opened today. I've only been using Modalyst as a vendor for about a week, but I already like it a lot. It's easy to make sure products are not drop-shipping from Asia, so shipping times are reasonable. It's easy to add products to my shopify store. Customer service to me is (so far) outstanding. I can hardly wait to start looking for other things to add to our mix.

Even if you don't wind up using Modalyst, it's worth a couple of hours to find out.

Rj Venture