Sell & test your next product
List your next product much earlier and start collecting pre-orders.
Communicate with customers
PreProduct's front-end wording and custom email campaign lets you keep customers in the loop. (dynamic variables supported)
Charge when you're ready
Charge customers when you're ready. ‘pay later’, ‘pay now’ or both via deposits.
About PreProduct next‑gen pre‑order
You shouldn’t have to wait until stock hits your warehouse to list your next product.
PreProduct lets brands capture pre-orders for upcoming products at any point in the new product cycle. Allowing you to sell, gauge demand and re·coup cash quicker. For 'pay later' and 'deposit' based pre-orders, payment links are only sent out when you trigger them, so you’re completely in control (and legally compliant).
Why use PreProduct?
• Start making sales for future releases today.
• Improve cashflow by collecting revenue earlier and recouping cash quicker.
• Validate and gauge demand for future products. Also, split test different variants (colour etc).
• Only start charging when you're ready, whilst still capturing orders in the meantime.
• Manage inventory and purchasing in a more precise way.
• Lightweight on the front-end to keep your site's page speed fast.
• Capture pre-orders unpaid until you’re ready to charge, then trigger payment links to those customers and all new customers
• Customise your email campaign (includes dynamic variables)
• Payment links lead to your native checkout, pre-populated for a one-click transaction.
• Monitor & edit pre-orders in their own system, includes payment tracking
• Customise front-end wording and colours
• Headless code generator – receive pre-orders from outside of your Shopify store. Whether that's a WordPress blog, affiliate site or a headless e-commerce store.
• Option to collect a deposit for pre-orders up front, then the rest of payment later
• Set shipping dates, discounts and other customer-facing information
• Accept multiple variant/quantity pre-orders
• List specific variants and set max order limits
• Segment sending payment links at both the variant and individual customer level.
• Crowdfunded pre-order listings, where a minimum order total can be communicated.
• Customer portals, where customers can monitor and update their pre-orders
• Integrates with Shopify and the native inventory/order/checkout system
• Set front-end translations across multiple languages
• Set a 'success URL' to forward customers too
'Capture only' - Just order and customer details are captured. A ‘thank-you email' is sent at the time of pre-order.
'Charge & capture' - When ready, the store triggers payment links, so previously captured pre-orders receive a payment link email and future pre-orders receive one straight away (as well as being sent to checkout at time of pre-order).
'Not-a-pre-order' - Eventually the pre-order is ended, so it can be a standard ‘buy it now’ Shopify listing.
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 7-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD.
** Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
This app is was exactly what I needed and the customer service is second to none. We pre-sold many of our winter jackets because of this tool.
I used this app for my pre-orders. It worked perfectly and if you need to add some extra features, the support helps you right away with custom solutions. I can definitely recommend using the app!
Basil and Fleur
I used PreProduct for approximately six months whilst waiting for my plant pots to be made and shipped from overseas. I was specifically looking for an app that would allow me to accept pre-orders without charging customers as I didn't think anyone would want to give money to a brand new business and then wait weeks or months to receive their items. I also didn't want to have to take people's payment info in case this put them off pre-ordering, and also because I read that a payment can only be held as authorised for a short period of time. PreProduct was the only app I could find that offered exactly what I wanted! Customer service from Oli has been amazing throughout - he has always been so quick to respond and any issues/queries/suggestions I had were quickly and efficiently resolved. The app is incredibly easy to use and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.