Printaura

Rating (3.5)
Developer
3.5
September 11, 2018

I used to have to ship all my tees from my house - now Print Aura prints them and ships them for me. They have a great selection of tees to choose from and excellent customer service. Every time I have a question they get back to me right away and whenever there is an issue that needs to be fixed, they correct it and make it right.

Littlest Warrior
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Edited August 24, 2018

I ordered two t-shirts as a test.. one organic bamboo fabric and one organic hemp fabric (both with organic cotton blends). One t-shirt used a white undercoating on the design as they recommend and the other did not. One advantage they have over other companies is that they do have a few organic products, and that is why I took the risk after reading the reviews. The quality of the organic t's are not bad, but there are many problems with the website and product building process. The technology is really dated so the process becomes slow, confusing and prone to mistakes. They don't do any quality control on their end so you won't find out if there is a problem until you or the customer received the product. They really push you to use a white undercoat on your designs but the printing quality with that process is bad. It ends up gummy and sticky and in my case the white undercoating showed through the graphic in spots. The other t-shirt I got had no white undercoating so the quality was much better... if I order from them I would only use designs that don't need a white undercoating. Also on the negative, the t-shirts arrived stuffed into a small pack with no thought to presentation... your customers will receive a wrinkled smelly mess. The wrinkles and smell was quite bad so I immediately washed the shirts... the bamboo shirt shrank a good size and a half... from an XL to probably a medium or a small fitting L. The hemp shirt shrank a normal amount so it was fine. The fabrics do feel nice but do not seem terribly durable. Also the tags were a bit discolored like the shirts have been sitting in a warehouse for a long time. All in all I wouldn't use print aura for standard products as there are way easier options... really they need to improve their technology to be competitive. And I would not use their Bamboo shirts because of how much they shrink. I would probably order their hemp shirts with no undercoating since that seemed like a good combination.

Shop Nixxle
Time spent using app: 9 months
May 18, 2018

They entice you with their selection of sweatshop free/eco/american made apparel, then they send you the nice garments with garbage printing.

Chimera Alchemy Studio
Time spent using app: 3 months
May 7, 2018

Installed....uninstalled. That's how far I got. Just poor web/ux design. I didn't bother fumbling around it.

Reactive Performance Shop
Time spent using app: 4 minutes
April 13, 2018

I like that they carry organic and hemp shirts. But it's anything but easy. I feel like I need the Rosetta stone to figure out how to mock up and order the products.

Earth Nourish
Time spent using app: 8 months
March 12, 2018

Absolutely horrendous. They've messed up an order we placed twice now! It was only a simple reorder of a product we've ordered multiple times.

The first time the items came with the artwork about a third of the size it usually is. I contacted them via e-mail, no response. Then tried phone, no response. Then their contact form box, finally responded almost a week later.

It took another week of back and forth e-mails to get them to send me a replacement.

We finally received the replacement and our black artwork is yellow!

I've sent an e-mail but who knows how long it will be until I hear back from them.
My customers are furious and so am I. Don't waste your time on this app.

Thessalonike
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
Edited December 13, 2017

Service is non-existent. Tried them for one product and ordered a sample. It came promptly enough, but the artwork printed out of proportion and they did not follow the mockup correctly for sizing. I'm still waiting for a response after emailing them twice over a week ago. No live chat, call their phone number and all you get is an automated message saying they can't take your call right now.

Agree with everyone else about their app's UX -- it's horrible.

Gray Muscle
Time spent using app: About 2 years
October 24, 2017

Slow turnaround time and overpriced. Terrible customer service. Much better options out there.

Travel Bible Shop
Time spent using app: 21 days
October 12, 2017

Selection is great. But the website is tedious and outdated. They don't understand the needs of their customers in creation process. If they had an easier software to use and mock up, they'd be the winners.

Goldenboi
Time spent using app: 17 days
October 10, 2017

Their selection is great which makes for their shop to have great potential compared to other stores (i.e. colors, pocket tees). However, their website is really slow, hard to navigate, hard to use, and there's too many variables we have to fix and create on our own in terms of my images. Printful has been much much easier to navigate and I'd rather have good quality and easy to use companies.

For example, I was so excited that they have pocket tees but you have to create your own mock up images using other softwares so it was quite disappointing. You can't visualize what the shirt will look like on print aura. I called customer service regarding this but they just gave me the run around and basically said they can't do anything about making the process easier for me.

Might be something to consider, Print Aura, because the potential for making it a great company is there but your website is way too hard to navigate with too much extra work for business owners. Glad I tested it out before I put it up in my shop!

Matching With Chloe