Prisync ‑ Dynamic Pricing

by Prisync

2021'S BEST! Competitor Price Tracking, Monitoring & Repricing

1 review

Hello Drinks

Very poor onboarding experience, services offered at time of set up were not met, later higher prices were introduced for setting up the tracking of our products later on, and they wanted them to be an ongoing monthly fee, for a one time job. Seems like an early stage business that have yet to figure themselves out. Cost us a lot of sales over the Christmas period as they're price tracking wasn't working as promised, so some of prices were too low against our competition which lost us valuable margin, also on the other side we were too expensive on other items which lost us sales. This then resulted in all our external marketplace prices getting frozen, and we didn't have the ability to flex the prices in line with the market! Horrible Experience, Go check out Pricemole who will set up your URLs for 0.03 each!

January 15, 2021

Dear JP,

I am Burc, the CEO of Prisync, the dynamic pricing software that you tested for your Shopify webshop in the last few months.
I've been in close touch with my colleague Seda - who assisted you during your free trial - in the last few days, as we don't have a single 1-star review across any platform since we began the Prisync business in 2013 and we were totally sad after receiving yours.

We are thoroughly sorry for making you get a "horrible experience" from Prisync and I briefly wanted to explain things from our side as I see that there's apparently a miscommunication in regards to our services.

From what I see/read, you were already using Pricemole, which is another nice piece of software and team - warm greetings to Kevin & the team there - before you started your free trial with Prisync and decided to consider Prisync as another option.

When you first signed up, my colleague Seda helped you with importing your own products via Prisync's Shopify import, which is actually a self-serve import which can be done by our users. However, to offer you a smoother onboarding, we handled that import at our end.

Later on, the next step was adding the competitor URLs under those products and our standard service priced at $129 needs that input from our users. However, you requested that to be done by us, and Seda proposed you our barcode-based (GTIN-based) competitor matching. Then, we heard that you don't have those barcodes necessary for that automated matching, so we could not help you with this automated URL matching service.

During that process, my colleague Seda has provided you a link which would let you get into a $1/mo plan where we charge you only 1 USD before you really get the service that you needed from us and you've confirmed to move fwd with that link but apparently you didn't, so Shopify automatically charged you our standard monthly fees automatically after your 14-day free trial. As soon as we heard that, we confirmed the 100% refund of what you were charged and that refund is now completed.

In line with our overall company culture, with the motivation of not turning a merchant down, Seda then proposed you another matching model - which we don't do in every case, as it's a 100% manual effort and we are a more powerful company at automated processes for now and this manual process is sth new that we're investigating after seeing that we're losing to our competition just because of that. Similar to our barcode-based matching, this manual matching proposed was supposed to run continuously and not planned as a 1-time matching, so we proposed a monthly fee and never charged you anything with that. If you need only a 1-time matching service, we can of course then work on a 1-time fee (as low as 0,01 USD per URL searched) and propose that to you and you can definitely benchmark that against other services.

All in all, I am not really sure how we have impacted your business during Christmas time, while you were originally using Pricemole, again a decent software with nice founders behind, and considered Prisync only as an alternative where you never implemented any dynamic repricing and were never charged any fees that are still not refunded.

With all these being said, again, in line with our company culture, we'd love to help you further if you still need an alternative to what you currently have and I'd propose us to have a call - which we tried to arrange a multiple times during your free trial and attempted by ringing your Shopify number but could not manage - and better understand the requirements and see whether we can fulfill them and if yes, how.

Regardless of any reasoning or any cause, again, I am so sorry for delivering you a "horrible experience" which is by any means not in line with the standard that Prisync has been demonstrating for 100s of merchants across more than 50 countries, since 2013.

Look forward to hearing back,
Best,