REVIEW UPDATE — This review is for the NEW "Buy Button" app, I downgraded my rating to 3-stars (I will currently not use this app with the new changes, fwiw):
They just released a new version of the widgets app, now called the "Buy Button". Overall I wish that they kept the old app in place and added this as an additional app, so that we could still use the old one.
The only thing that was improved on this new button is that you can change the color. Many things were changed, but not for the better.
• You can customize the color of the button
• Price is always next to the button (BAD if you are running a sale with a coupon)
• Cannot include a specific variant. If your item has more than one variant, it is included as a drop-down above the button (again, BAD if you are running a sale or discount on a specific variant, or just don't want that text there to begin with)
In my opinion, this is not so much of an improvement as much as it is a bad paint-job on an app that was good, but needed some more functionality improvements. Now I will have to use the permalink "hack" with my own buttons in order to make buttons that work with my campaigns: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/page-specific/cart-page/cart-permalinks
To make this app better, it needs more functionality (and more customization, the current upgrade limited it almost even more):
Wish-list AND things that need improvement:
• Add item to cart with discount already applied
• Remove the price next to the button (make it optional, this is the entire reason I will not use the app as it is)
• Allow us to only use one variant in the button
(This review is for the OLD "widgets" app, 4-stars)
I think this app is a must-have if you want to add widgets or buttons to your website. I use it primarily for creating buttons for my blog and also on pages inside of my Shopify website for promotions. It's good, but could use some improvements.
• Easily link to your product page, cart, or directly to checkout.
• Easy to set up and use.
• Limited design capabilities (buttons are small, only two colors to choose from, no font selection).
• Will not automatically apply discount codes directly to product (that would be an EXCELLENT feature).