Generate dummy data in minutes
No more messy import-export files. One click of a button will get your store populated with test products, collections, orders & customers.
3 sample data themes available
Choose from three different sample data themes: clothes, toys & paintings. All test products come with images and full details.
Free for development stores
The app is 100% free for development stores. Also, if you're an agency, SSD will save a great deal of time for you and your customers.
About Simple Sample Data
Get Shopify test data into your store in seconds!
Designer working on a new theme & need dummy data to assess your work of art?
Shopify theme/app developer tired of importing CSV files with test data into every new store?
Merchants with a new store? Need to test and develop fast?
If you need your empty Shopify store filled with meaningful sample data, "Simple Sample Data" will do this for you in a heartbeat. Forget about searching for sample CSV files and win your valuable time back!
Free for development stores!
"Simple Sample Data" was initially created to speed things up for our own team. It is now available for the entire Shopify ecosystem. You can also use it for free in your development store.
With a single click, you can:
- select from three different datasets to populate your store with dummy data.
- use the "clothes" theme which supports products with multiple variants (size and color).
- use the "paintings" theme which supports single variant (option) products.
- use the "toys" theme which supports single variant (option) products.
- generate products, smart and custom collections, customers, and orders.
- easily remove Shopify test data.
We love our app, and we want you to love it too. We constantly release new updates and improvements to make "Simple Sample Data" even better. If you ever need us, feel free to contact us - our support team is fast, reliable and to the point!
Thank you for using "Simple Sample Data"!
$0.99 one time charge
Free for development stores.
* All charges are billed in USD.
Overall rating Based on 5 reviews
Most recent reviews
Yesterday we downloaded the Simple Sample Data App from the App Store of Shopify. Once we were waiting until the first report showed up, we suddenly receive 20 orders in only one minute in our store. The problem was that those orders were not products that we have in our inventory. Someone from this app hacked our account and put in at least 15 different products. DO NOT USE THIS APP!
Hi Team at G·LEM,
We are very sorry there was confusion about what the app does but the only purpose of Simple Sample Data is to generate some data for the tests on your store.
For the app to work and generate certain information it may have a dependency on some other data. E.g. for orders you need to have customers & products, so, we communicate it within the app.
Again, sincere apologies for this misunderstanding!
Team @ E'gnition
We further looked into your case and just want to add a couple of more things:
1. Just to reiterate again that there was no hacking involved. The app requests permissions during install to be able to generate dummy data including orders.
2. We've noticed you used a paid version of the app. We requested a refund to be issued. It will be processed soon.
3. We've added some additional details to the app description to make sure it is clear that the app has to be used for testing only.
3. We will also be releasing some minor updates to the app early next week which will make it even clearer that that app is used for testing purposes only.
Again, our apologies for your negative experience. Thank you for flagging this issue.
We wish you all the best in your eCommerce journey!
Team @ E'gnition
Great app, highly recommendend! I used this in the beginning to check the structure of the products, so I knew how to upload my real ones.
I used this app to help me set up my store with example data. This is the only app I have ever seen this. It saved me a lot of time during my theme customization process.