★★★★★ Rated Top New App by Shopify ♥ September 2016
Automatic Discounts applied at checkout, without coupons
Make more sales by sending discount links to your loyal customers. Or create rules to apply discounts automatically based on what's in their shopping cart.
✓ USE CASES ➝ What can you do with the Automatic Discount app?
- Enter the Discount Code (created via the "Discounts" section in the Shopify left menu). Eg. 20-off
- Enter the page URL where users will land after clicking the discount link (it can be a collection or a product page or any other page). Eg. https://yourstore.myshopify.com/products/product-name
- Get your discount link. Eg.https://yourstore.myshopify.com/products/automatic-product-discount?discount=20off
- Share the link via email and on your social media accounts (we include share buttons to help you do it faster!)
Note: You can create as many links as you want. The link generator does not save any link, it just helps you build the url that has the discount attached to it.
The Discount Links don't work? Try this
✴PREMIUM✴ Automatic discounts via rules ➝ Watch a demo
You can create custom rules that will be checked every time a user adds something to the cart. Based on what's in the cart, the discount will be automatically applied, without any link nor coupon code
Automatic Discount rules apply on what's in the shopping cart, based on:
- Amount of the order
- Total number of items
- Number of the same item
- Weight of the order
- More to come
Important: only 1 rule per order is applied and the rest is ignored. If you set multiple rules, put the most important one at top (usually the biggest discount). For example, put the 20% discount above the 10% discount.
Example of how the Discount Rules work and what you can do with it
The most important is to make sure you put the most important rule at top (the bigger discount, in most of the case)
Example #1: Tier Discount based on how much customers spend ➝ Watch a demo here
Example #2: Buy two of the same item and get one free➝ Watch a demo here
➝ More examples here
Other important info about the Automatic Discount App
- The Automatic Discount app works even if the customer doesn't reach the checkout page. That means if he checks out via Paypal Express, the automatic discount will be applied.
- It won't work on a password protected store. As soon as you disable the password protected option, it will work. Here's how to remove your storefront password.
- It won't work if you force to sign up (require accounts) before checkout. Overall, requiring account creation is bad for conversion, anyway. Here's how to make the account creation optional.
- You can combine multiple discount rules but only the highest rule in the list will be applied. The priority of rules goes from the top to the bottom of the list of rules you create.
- It might not work if you create twice the same rule with the same value, even if your discount codes are specific to two different collections.
The Discount Rules don't work? Try this
Have a question?
1. Join our Slack Team and get premium support.
2. Email us at email@example.com
3. If possible, add us as a staff member if you want us to help you fix your problem.
- Step 1: Add firstname.lastname@example.org as a staff member
- Step 2: You can restrict permissions to Themes, Apps and Discounts sections
➝ Oh you don't have a Shopify store yet? Create one for free
✴NEW SEPTEMBER 8, 2016✴ We added one of the most wanted feature: Real-Time Cart Check ➝ That means when customers go back and forth to edit the cart (add/remove items), our app knows and gives the right discount they deserve. To set this up, simply make sure the No Rules Matched option is active in the app settings. If you don't need it, you can disable it and save $3.49/mo.