Set shipping rates that suit your business and shipping needs. Set individual shipping rates for each product in your store.
Use tiered shipping rates to offer discounted shipping on extra items. Offer free plus shipping promotions.
Control your shipping rates
Ship only where you want and set rates for areas based on zip or post codes.
About Better Shipping
What Is Better Shipping?
Better shipping lets you set suitable shipping rates so you are not out of pocket.
Do you have specialty items that take extra care to ship? Do you have multiple suppliers who charge flat shipping for items? Use Better Shipping to set the shipping rate accordingly.
Using 'per product' shipping prices lets you set shipping prices for each one of your products. This means that you can set $5.00 shipping for one of your products, $7.50 for another one, and have free shipping on a third product - it's up to you!
You also have the option for tiered shipping. This means that you can set multiple shipping rates for an item depending on the quantity the customer buys. Want to charge $10 for the first item, and then $5 for every extra item? Better Shipping has you covered!
Need to charge different shipping rates for different areas? Using the delivery areas feature you are able to set the shipping rate for individual zip/post codes.
Only send your products to certain areas? No problem! You can restrict delivery to specific zip/post codes.
Should I Be Using Better Shipping In My Store?
Better Shipping is perfect for anyone who needs to:
- Set individual shipping prices for every product
- Set tiered (multiple) shipping prices for every product
- Charge different shipping rates for multiple drop shipping suppliers
- Charge additional postage amounts to specific areas and locations
- Restrict postage to ONLY specific locations
- Bulk update their per product shipping by product type, collection, or vendor
How does it work
Better Shipping calculates shipping rates based on the customer’s zip or post code and the items they order. A customer ordered a fragile antique? Drop shipping supplier uses flat shipping rates? Need to deliver fresh food afar? Better Shipping allows you to set suitable rates so you are not out of pocket.
- Per Product Shipping Rates - Set a different flat shipping rate for every single product in your store. No need to worry about weight or dimensions.
- Location based shipping prices - Set shipping prices for specific areas using zip/post codes.
- Restrict delivery to certain locations - Do you only deliver to certain locations? Set them up so that your customers can only ship to those areas.
Requires carrier calculated shipping. To discuss adding this to your existing plan, contact Shopify Support.
Pricing 7-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 109 reviews
Most recent reviews
Serendipity Creations by Dace
This is a fantastic app; Jess was such a blessing! She answered my first email and stayed with me throughout the whole experience. Between my regular
40 hours a week job and the time
difference between our locations, it took several days to come to a solution. The questions, possible solutions, and instructions were always professional and crystal clear. Everything is perfect
now, and I was able to open my store.
SQUEE! So excited! Thank you doesn't even come close to how grateful I am
Thanks so much for your feedback! We're really happy we were able to find a solution for you.
The Cornish Bed Company
Excellent app, which we have used on multiple editions of our website.
The development team went the extra mile to help migrate the settings across the website and nothing has been too much trouble.
Definitely recommend Better Shipping.
Uniquely Yours Down Under
We've been using this app now for several months and really can't fault it.
We have some very complicated shipping rules, which no other app has been able to handle. Peter helped us set it up, which did take several hours and emails to do, but we got there in the end and have been using it ever since.
The only issue we had, which was not really an app fault. If you add new products to your store (which we do often), you need to remember to go in to the app and add them to your rates.
5 Stars Pete & Jess. Fantastic app