Blocky: Fraud Country Blocker

Fraud Filter: Geo Block Country, VPN & Bot Block, IP Blocker

Free plan available. 7-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

DIABETX

UPDATE: After I posted this, within 24 hours I started having trouble with editing my site in the customize section of my theme. I noticed injected JS from this company and recorded video that showed when turned off everything worked again. I will be sending this info to shopify regarding this highly illegal manipulation to negative reviews. I wanted to try this app and waiting for a reply back from the developer. At present it does NOT work. I've blocked IP addresses, including my own, blocked countries, and other users I know to help test. Using VPN, my local IP, and the others, we ALL were able to continue accessing the site despite it stating they were blocked etc. I have screenshots and video to show this is not working. Beware...

May 5, 2022

Hi,
Thank you for your review. I have tried to contact you several times via email but never heard back. Before you edited your review, I addresses to your initial concern and message you that I believe that you were not blocked because you were logged in as the store's admin. Blocky will never block you when you are logged in as the store's admin.

About your updated review - Effective Apps is a company that is building effective and quality software in hope for a better web. Our main goal is to help our customers succeed, and we appreciate ANY feedback - good or bad. We would never - never - do any action that may hurt our customers. Blocky's source code is visible when you visit your lovely store, so you can inspect it yourself or with the help of a professional and see for yourself.

I have tried to reach out to you via email and provided you with my personal phone number in order for us to be able to talk and for me to be able to hear and address any concerns you may have. I am waiting for your reply and I will greatly appreciate it! :)

Thank you and have a great rest of the day!
-Shahar

Talismani Portafortuna

I dont see how this app can be useful, if dont have inside the IP LOGs !!! of connection....so I deleted immediately.

October 26, 2021

Hi,
Thank you for your review. Customers' feedback is the most important thing for us!
Blocky doesn't have to log or store IP addresses of your store visitors in order to block them - it's doing it live immediately as they access your store.
I'd be more than happy to show you that your own IP address can be successfully blocked by Blocky.

Regardless of that, adding an IP address log feature is a great idea and we will add it to Blocky in the upcoming days!

Feel free to contact us for every question you have - we are always here and happy to help! :-)

PicArt

i instaled the app, disallow traffic from germany and vpn, i go to vpn - my site worked, i used traffic from germany - my site worked. so the app doesent worked.

June 5, 2021

Hi,
Thank you for your review on our app.
I am sorry to read that you had an issue with the app, but I'm even more sorry that you have not contacted us before uninstalling it and giving us the chance to help you resolve it.
I would be more than happy to help you set it up on your store. I have contacted you privately in order to help you set it up right away.

Thanks a lot and stay safe!

Ellie+Ma

Not sure about anyone elses experience with this app. But I blocked only 1 country to stop bots, and the app managed to block every single country for a whole 2 days and we had no idea why we weren't getting any sales. It's because the app blocked everyone!!! It wasn't until a customer sent us a screenshot of the blocked access from our own target country, that we then realized it's the app stopping people from shopping! Thanks for losing us 2 days worth of sales.

May 14, 2021

Hi,
Thank you for your review on our app. Quality and authentic reviews tremendously help the awesome Shopify community and encourage app developers like us to always keep improving their products.

I was sorry to read that you had an issue with the app and that it blocked all of the store's customers. This is the first time we hear about it from our users.

With your permission, I'll be happy to have our dev team investigate, verify and remedy the issue, in order to prevent it from happening again.

I have also sent you my private phone number for an online, fast response.

Thanks a lot and stay safe!